• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm not questioning that at all, but that doesn't remove the fact that he can do it only in special circumstances, which makes his skill mostly useless for us.
Just the fact that he can't make that pass over the defence makes his skill even less important, I honestly can't remember when did Xhaka played a defence-splitting pass or when was the last time he chipped the ball over the defence to play someone through. Even Douzi who has inferior passing skills was able to do that last season.

Would you admire an attacker who can only finish if he goes one on one with the keeper and keeper and there are no defenders around him? Didn't think so, but thanks for the education anyways

His role in the team is not making defence splitting passes. Anyway, your are trying to adress completely different questions now deviating from my original post so won't be dragged in to this as clearly you don't have anything substantial to add.

As far as I'm concerned Xhaka is a master passer and striker of the ball in terms of technique, his body position, power and accuracy he can produce. How he applies this on the pitch is another matter but pure talent is here for everyone to see.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I'm not questioning that at all, but that doesn't remove the fact that he can do it only in special circumstances, which makes his skill mostly useless for us.
Just the fact that he can't make that pass over the defence makes his skill even less important, I honestly can't remember when did Xhaka played a defence-splitting pass or when was the last time he chipped the ball over the defence to play someone through. Even Douzi who has inferior passing skills was able to do that last season.

Would you admire an attacker who can only finish if he goes one on one with the keeper and keeper and there are no defenders around him? Didn't think so, but thanks for the education anyways
Recent trend on AM is 'If you do not accept my opinion, you don't know football'

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What's with your obssesion with certain footballers? You were banging on about Özil for ages even when he was clearly finished here and then switched to wanking on Ziyech. :lol:

No one said Xhaka is the best passer, learn to read ffs.
Sorry you called him one of the best passers, my bad, big difference. Still wrong though, how can you think that? I’m not wanking on Ziyech, just showed you one of many better passers than Xhaka.

razörist

Every thread I go people attack me about Özil when it has nothing to do with the issue. Must be the profile pic triggering people, I still have it because I love how great our Arsenal kit looks, best in years.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
His role in the team is not making defence splitting passes. Anyway, your are trying to adress completely different questions now deviating from my original post so won't be dragged in to this as clearly you don't have anything substantial to add.

As far as I'm concerned Xhaka is a master passer and striker of the ball in terms of technique, his body position, power and accuracy he can produce. How he applies this on the pitch is another matter but pure talent is here for everyone to see.
And what was your original post, that he can strike the ball better than others? I'm not deviating from that, I'm simply enhancing you're post by adding that is mostly useless in a PL game, just as it would be to have a striker who can't score if he is surrounded by a defender, but he can striker the ball like RVP.

razörist

You can’t barge into a thread, shoehorn in Ziyech and complain about obnoxiousness. :lol:
Ffs he was just an example of a better passer who came first to my mind because I would have loved for him to sign for Arsenal instead of Chelsea. Think I dodged a bullet there, the wankers on A-M would have probably called for his head after the first mishit pass. Now at least I can hate on him with the rest of you.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka should be upgraded on, but I'm ok with it if the club decides to bring in a top CM. There's limited funds.

Hearing now that Douzy is being shopped around. So that makes it unlikely for Xhaka to leave

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You make it super easy for me here - you say he has been the only one consistently playing in midfield during his time here - ergo he hasn't had a single midfield partner playing with him on a consistent basis

Cazorla - got injured early and was never seen again

Coquelin - crap, dropped and sent to Valencia asap

Wilshere - had some decent performances together especially against Chelsea in January 2018 in the cup and league, but wasn't ideal, and is now at West Ham mostly injured

Ramsey - possibly his best partner, but way too inconsistent so wasn't trusted fully by his managers - despite being fit he had only 13, 21, 14 starts in the league during his last 3 seasons for us.

Torreira - some good periods with him, but was dropped by Emery pretty often - and at times the partnership was broken with Emery's ridiculous approaches of 3 DM's, and changing things every game

Guendouzi - at times good with him, but probably too similar in style to make it work

Ceballos - still way too early to tell, but looking ok together right now in a 343

What a ridiculous thing to say - you don't want to lump all responsibility on him yet you do exactly that in the bolded part? Lmfao.

How is one player responsible for the mismanagement of a whole freaking club? We've had so many issues and changes over the last couple of years I don't even know where to start.

Yeah, sure. Who wouldn't love to replace him with a world class midfielder? Reality is different though, he's the first name on the team-sheet for Arteta, and we have loads of glaring holes in the squad that are yet to be addressed.

If Arteta can get a system running then we can build our squad around that, where we can take players in and out as we please without it being detrimental to the shape/form/style. That would be my preference.

No doubt its been a dysfunctional team for a long time and most players performances have suffered including Xhaka. I'm explicitly saying it's partially his fault and we need to change him, you're inferring I'm blaming it all on him. We also needchange some of the other key players to get top 4. But this is the Xhaka thread not the squad analysis thread.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Sorry you called him one of the best passers, my bad, big difference. Still wrong though, how can you think that? I’m not wanking on Ziyech, just showed you one of many better passers than Xhaka.

There are many other players you can pick as an example trying to prove they are better passer from deep than xhaka:
Xabi, Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes, Carrick, Kroos, Parejo, Tonali, Cuisance......

Picking ziyech says a lot about your football knowledge, comparing passing of AM to passing of DLP.

razörist

There are many other players you can pick as an example trying to prove they are better passer from deep than xhaka:
Xabi, Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes, Carrick, Kroos, Parejo, Tonali, Cuisance......

Picking ziyech says a lot about your football knowledge.
I’m sorry, I have to make an argument that some of the best midfielders ever are better passers than Xhaka? What are you smoking?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Recent trend on AM is 'If you do not accept my opinion, you don't know football'
It's even better than that, the guy is questioning where and how much football did I play.
I can answer that simply by saying that I played the u18 level of football for a club that is in the first division of Croatian football and played some lower league semi-pro after. That makes me no better or worse compared to a guy who never touched the ball when it comes to analyzing football games. Some people here have better football ideas than many known managers. Not saying I'm one of those people, just saying that I was surprised with the level of understanding some people here have about the game, and it would be very interesting to know their professions. Playing football at any level doesn't make your analytics skills better in any way, some people can just see things quicker even without much experience.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’m sorry, I have to make an argument that some of the best midfielders ever are better passers than Xhaka? What are you smoking?

I mean the position, not quality. You can pick anyone from Ruben Neves, Huddlestone down to league one/sunday league. As long as they play long passes from deep as a DLP, they are comparable.

razörist

I mean the position, not quality. You can pick anyone from Ruben Neves, Huddlestone down to league one/sunday league. As long as they play long passes from deep as a DLP, they are comparable.
Why do you get to frame the discussion to tightly fit Xhaka? We’re talking about a skill, passing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Why do you get to frame the discussion to tightly fit Xhaka? We’re talking about a skill, passing.
Those are very different types of passing skillset, they are not comparable.

You won't compare the passing of kaka to the passing of xavi. You won't compare the passing of iniesta to the passing of pirlo.

The correct comparison is kaka to iniesta (AM to AM)(through pass that cut through defence) and xavi to pirlo (DLP to DLP) (long pass to progress the ball up the pitch and allocation of the ball to dictate tempo).

You can pick a Sunday league DLP and says his passing is better than Xhaka, with enough evidence, I’m fine with that. At least this is a logical comparison.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No doubt its been a dysfunctional team for a long time and most players performances have suffered including Xhaka. I'm explicitly saying it's partially his fault and we need to change him, you're inferring I'm blaming it all on him. We also needchange some of the other key players to get top 4. But this is the Xhaka thread not the squad analysis thread.

This is what you said:
Like I said in a prior post, he's not bad he's just not good enough and the evidence is there for all to see in our league positions.

You cannot attribute our league position to one single player ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You can say what you want about Coq...his 2015 form, is significantly better than any run of for Xhaka has showed for us, anyone disagreeing has a pro Granit agenda.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And what was your original post, that he can strike the ball better than others? I'm not deviating from that, I'm simply enhancing you're post by adding that is mostly useless in a PL game, just as it would be to have a striker who can't score if he is surrounded by a defender, but he can striker the ball like RVP.

The point wasn't about how useful is it but how good he is from a purely technical point of view. It's why I deliberately used an exaggeration of ''poetry in motion'' for which you tried to mock it.

Next time you mention me in another post please tag me. When you try to mock someones post expect to get a similar answer in return. I guess it got a little under your skin with the latest essay on your experiences in the Croation U18 league. :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You can say what you want about Coq...his 2015 form, is significantly better than any run of for Xhaka has showed for us, anyone disagreeing has a pro Granit agenda.
Coq was focus on defending, ball winning, tackling, to destroy opponent play. Play short simple passes to players who are more capable of passing the ball.

Xhaka is focus on long passing, dictating tempo, allocation of the ball, switching play, passing to where space is for the attackers to progress the ball up the pitch.

Different style, different players.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Xhaka in his first season was beating the likes of Chelsea and City in the FA Cup whilst Coq was watching from the bench. How's that for some nostalgia :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom