• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Fallout

very impressed by how solid we are in the 3-back. under emery that formation was a kiss of death, awful in defense as well as attack. i dont think our attack is quite there yet, but it could just be a personnel issue.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Remember when certain posters and mods were praising this kind of performances as some kind of tactics master class!

Man some of the posts. I would be better off stabbing my self into the eye with a knife than see that again!
Lol, back when we “deliberately” let the opposition have a million shots but it was okay because it was only low quality shots!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Makes me sick how we wasted 18 months on the Spanish Moyes.

A win over Wolves is now seen as a big result due to that **** and how he infected this club with his mediocrity.
To make it to the champions league last season we needed to A: beat chelsea in the EL final or B get 5 (!) or more points from our last 5 games. Thanks to his coward tactics we failed at both. Can’t make this up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To make it to the champions league last season we needed to A: beat chelsea in the EL final or B get 5 (!) or more points from our last 5 games. Thanks to his coward tactics we failed at both. Can’t make this up.
I’d say it was more his ego. He chose to rest players in the league as he wanted to win the EL. He put his own CV ahead of the clubs best interests. I don’t think it gets mentioned enough. He didn’t give a **** about top four.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I hope the board will back him every way he needs. One or two good players every other window won’t do it. We need some consistency in transfer windows now.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anyone who thinks we haven't improved since the dark days of Emery is deluded. We've now kept three consecutive clean sheets with the poverty defenders we have. We've made giant strides since Arteta came in. To enable this improvement to be sustainable, the club needs to back him to the hilt. The absolute minimum is a top CB, a top CM and a Top AM

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I often think that managers need to earn the right to be backed by the board. Emery was backed last summer, but the way he had the team playing the previous season, I don't think there was much evidence to suggest that we would improve with better players. Ultimately matches would still have resembled basketball games, which is what happened.

With Arteta, I really do think the team can improve relatively quickly with the right players in place. He has shown he can set the team up to be solid defensively, which is the most encouraging thing.

The game against Wolves was a perfect example. We were organised and defended well, but we could barely string 3 passes together in their half or create chances.

Improving the teaming going forward is out of Arteta's hands to a large degree. Being good offensively really relies on the quality of the player.

Of course we need better centre halves, but I really do think we should prioritise midfield this summer. Bring in Partey and a top class attacking midfielder at all costs. If it's possible, bring in a forward as well (LW or 9).

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Since taking over 7 wins 5 draws 3 loses its very promising start with team that 80% of the players are midtable quality
A couple of those draws could have been wins but for those **** referees.

Reactions: roz

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira cost us 5 points in the Chelsea and Sheffield games. Thankfully Arteta dropped him after.
against Chelsea was Leno fault cost us Sheffield was Torreira losing the ball crystal Palace was deflection if I'm not wrong

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Torreira the weakling was bullied by no other than that **** Jorginho, deffo his fault.
By then Jorginho wasn't even supposed to be on the pitch?

He should have been redcarded for his offence earlier

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
By then Jorginho wasn't even supposed to be on the pitch?

He should have been redcarded for his offence earlier

Yeah very true.

Btw. Let's no go overboard with the "how much we have improved compared to Emery" stuff.

Posters on here did the same after Emery's okay-ish start but they ended up with eggs on their faces.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah very true.

Btw. Let's no go overboard with the "how much we have improved compared to Emery" stuff.

Posters on here did the same after Emery's okay-ish start but they ended up with eggs on their faces.

Sure, but a lot of it was down to the players still having some Arsène Wenger drilled on them, coupled with a more "pragmatic" manager.

As soon as the last Arsène philosophy drops ran dry we nose dived a lot because the players just could not understand what Unai wanted from them.

The fact that we look to be recovering mentally is huge in context.

Top Bottom