• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Nathan Aké and Gabriel Magalhães should be the primary targets for the left-footed CB spot imo. Malang Sarr is one to look out for as well, he's out of contract. Too young to pair up with Saliba straight away though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've had a look at the tea leaves and they tell me that we will sell Lacazette and Guendouzi, and buy Mikel Oyarzabal and Thomas Partey.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ornstein saying Leon Bailey wants to move to England and could be bought for 20-30m. Haven't watched him much tbh, but his hype has died down a bit since he first came on the scene.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
After doing a spot of reading I now realise why we used to spend big in 3 year periods. You could take max 30m euro losses in a 3 year period. So spend big at the start of the 3 years then balance the books. Not sure its the best way to do it...

Considering they aren't counting this year financially and rolling it onto the next, would it be wise to go big this summer? We know we have a lot of cash, not only that but Stan can now put money in without having to worry about FFP. Wages are obviously important we have to snip those. But in theory we could heavily back Arteta this summer.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ornstein saying Leon Bailey wants to move to England and could be bought for 20-30m. Haven't watched him much tbh, but his hype has died down a bit since he first came on the scene.
I forgot about him, how has he been playing?

Harry Hunter

We should sell Kolasinac, probably doesn’t want to be a back up and is on high wages. Preferably we get a young talented replacement and not someone like Kurzawa. Or maybe someone from the academy, what about that left back we signed from Barca? Whoever it is they might have to play quite a few games with Tierney’s injury record but I hope I’m wrong.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think Bailey declined alot in last 2 years that's why Leverkusen want to sell that cheaply

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We should sell Kolasinac, probably doesn’t want to be a back up and is on high wages. Preferably we get a young talented replacement and not someone like Kurzawa. Or maybe someone from the academy, what about that left back we signed from Barca? Whoever it is they might have to play quite a few games with Tierney’s injury record but I hope I’m wrong.

I don't think Kola will go anywhere. We need experienced backup for KT as he's very injury prone. Also Kurzawa just signed a new 4 year deal with PSG I believe.

I think Guendouzi out is a given, after that I'm not even sure anymore. Maybe Sokratis. I also think Arteta likes Mustafi, and to be honest on current form I'm fine with him staying to prove himself under a good coach.

If I had a realistic outs list it would probably consist of -

Guendouzi
Sokratis
Holding or Chambers
Elneny
Mavropanos
Özil (Huge wages so hard to shift but he's been frozen out)

Laca and Bellerin are big maybe's. I like AMN and Cedric for right back though.

Issue is you can't get rid of so many players in one summer AND replace them. Especially when you need 3 signings to start with anyway. Partey, Upamecano and a forward is what I think we will ultimately go for. Meaning we can get rid of one forward, one CM and two Cb's as Saliba is coming in.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

No idea tbh, he's probably not the finished article.
A combination of disciplinary issues and decline in performance. I guess that's making him a big risk.

Could be a bargain or a could go all wrong. But don't we have enough wingers? Would invest in other areas first.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wonder why we never went in last summer or even really linked. In the 15m range really low risk & its not like his game has jumped on since... similar production & ability to sit mofos down then as well.

Also pretty crazy they cant take over a football club but we were happy to sell fighter jets.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There's lots of drama between Bailey and Jamaica that may or may not be indicative of attitude problems. First, he dragged out his decision over what national team to play for by doing whatever he could to claim eligibility for another nation, and after finally going back to Jamaica he is now at odds with them after criticizing their FA. Maybe this mess is on Jamaica, his agent, or him, but if it is him I'm not sure he'll be a good fit with Arteta given Mikel has shown to stand strong against poor attitude.

Ability-wise, Bailey has definitely stagnated since 2017/18 but there is some talent there for Arteta to play with. Very quick, good dribbler, and I like the positions he takes in the box. Could be interesting given a low price, he's still only 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom