• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think its inevitable we will lose a forward this summer. Possibly more than 1. Lacazette being the most likely to go following that Aubameyang and as other posters mentioned possibly Nkeitah. He still looks far to raw. But if we keep Aubameyang then it makes sense to retain Nketiah as back up. I'd be worried if we went into the season with Eddie as the number one striker.

Aubameyang, Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nkeitah is a fairly strong forward line.

We shall see what happens.

Selling laca it'll open doors for us to get good winger or attacking mid if we kept Nelson

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wonder if we could swap him to RBL (Upamecano) or Atletico (Partey).
RBL won’t budge to his wages and he’s probably a little too old for their model. Simply not good enough for Atlético.

I’ll be surprised to see him leave.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
RBL won’t budge to his wages and he’s probably a little too old for their model. Simply not good enough for Atlético.

Simeone rates him. Was on the verge of signing him in 2017, before the ban. Can see him be good for Atleti, feels like the type of tenacious top man they are looking for.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Simeone rates him. Was on the verge of signing him in 2017, before the ban. Can see him be good for Atleti, feels like the type of tenacious top man they are looking for.
No top club wanted him, France don’t want him, we only buckled after years with Giroud and even then, we went out and signed Auba 1 year later.

Think Atlético will target younger guys, linked with Jovic.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think its inevitable we will lose a forward this summer. Possibly more than 1. Lacazette being the most likely to go following that Aubameyang and as other posters mentioned possibly Nkeitah. He still looks far to raw. But if we keep Aubameyang then it makes sense to retain Nketiah as back up. I'd be worried if we went into the season with Eddie as the number one striker.

Aubameyang, Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nkeitah is a fairly strong forward line.

We shall see what happens.
If we go back to 4-3-3 type of formation then saka might end up getting a lot of game time as the advance midfielder.
I dont think Özil will leave but hes unlikely to get significant game time either and Arteta might turn to Saka

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nagelsmann wouldn't touch a striker like Lacazette in any case, he'd be next to useless for him.

Nagelsmann usually plays two up top in his systems but even still one of his strikers in generally an all rounder who drops deep but here's the thing they're strong, physical, can actually link up with teammates can be a target man but also kinda like a second striker. While the other striker is the one with the pace and movement who'll play on the shoulder but will also drift wide to find space to exploit. Lacazette fulfills neither of these roles. Currently RBL have Werner and Poulsen, Lacazette cannot replicate what either man gives to RBL, even with Werner leaving they'd be after a different profile of forward.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All the top clubs are looking for a ST, if we can convince Auba to sign a new contract then Laca might be the "cheap" option that some big clubs might be tempted to go for.

Laca just needs to keep banging in the goal like he did this weekend.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If united can sell Lukaku for 75M we can get 25 for Laca.

One average season doesn't make him Solanke. If we want him gone he will have suitors.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No top club wanted him, France don’t want him, we only buckled after years with Giroud and even then, we went out and signed Auba 1 year later.

Think Atlético will target younger guys, linked with Jovic.
Not even a year. 6 months later. He's not as awful as the Scott Steiner troll makes out but he's absolutely flaming out here. Ok, conditions haven't always been ideal for a striker here but Auba is doing a better job played out of position. We should offload him for whatever we can get and put that money towards Partey.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Needs to be sold regardless of the great goal. There are plenty of younger, better strikers out there & that's not taking into consideration how much investment is needed in other areas of the squad

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
on the other hand Laca himself sounds like a man happy where he is

Why wouldn't he be. Gets paid 180k a week. Lives in one of the best cities in the world. Minimal pressure to perform from the club and a large section of the fanbase (hope this has changed).

I really fear we won't be able to shift this guy. Hopefully he is told he won't get a game next season and his professional pride will cause him to accept a transfer somewhere.

I feel the success of our window is dependent on shifting this bloke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom