• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
You can see he is an actual defender with tenacity and technique.

Could prove a really shrewd signing on a free. I hope it wakes up Hector as they both offer something different.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was pretty bad tbh.. First real game in ages though..

Yeah I was a little confused with the comments, I was thinking maybe I was too harsh on his performance, but I don't think he was that great tbh.

Still as a unit did alright so I can't complain too much.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Exactly as advertised by stats analysis. Great defensively 1 on 1. Not particularly threatening going forwards. Looked like he was still trying to get an understanding with his teammates.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought he had a great game, in the first half thought they tried to get Traore down his side and he dealt with it brilliantly. In the second half Wolves pretty much gave up going down his side and Traore focused on our left instead. Showed some fairly good crossing ability and will probably give us more going forward as time goes on.

Looks like a good signing based off of this one game. Having defensive stability in both full backs would be insanely useful to build upon especially if we were gonna switch to a back 4 next season.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Had an okay game with ups & downs. But it's to be expected being new to the team & all. Early days but seems to be a shrewd free signing

Halcyon Daze

He hasn’t done a thing wrong so far, fair play to him. Didn’t realise how short he is though, looked small out there today.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is it me or does he look like a bit of a tank?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing amazing, do think Arsenal fans have a weird fetish for thinking any RB is better than Bellerin.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nothing amazing, do think Arsenal fans have a weird fetish for thinking any RB is better than Bellerin.

Tbf with the way Bellerin has been playing post injury the standards are on the floor so at the moment any RB probably is better than what we've seen recently with Bellerin, which has been pretty appalling. Let's be blunt about it. He's pretty mediocre in a defensive sense these days and he offers next to nothing going forward, he doesn't even have that blistering pace to fall back on in either department. That's not to say Cedric is better than pre-injury Bellerin who was doing pretty decently in Emery's initial reign. Again not brilliant because we all know the attribute which he lacks which means he'll never be a top class full-back but he was still pretty decent getting a few assists from cut backs and low crosses. Cedric again he's decent at best, a suitable backup but that's what he must remain.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Tbf with the way Bellerin has been playing post injury the standards are on the floor so at the moment any RB probably is better than what we've seen recently with Bellerin, which has been pretty appalling. Let's be blunt about it. He's pretty mediocre in a defensive sense these days and he offers next to nothing going forward, he doesn't even have that blistering pace to fall back on in either department. That's not to say Cedric is better than pre-injury Bellerin who was doing pretty decently in Emery's initial reign. Again not brilliant because we all know the attribute which he lacks which means he'll never be a top class full-back but he was still pretty decent getting a few assists from cut backs and low crosses. Cedric again he's decent at best, a suitable backup but that's what he must remain.
How about bellerin in wenger’s era?
It seems you all forget how good he can be.

For now, maybe it’s injury, maybe it’s form/fitness, that he is not performing as good as he is capable of.

But he is still young. And especially when we have seen how great he can be at his highest level, why not give him a bit more time to see if he can get back to that standard?

If time is given and he fails, then it’s fair to get rid. But I don’t think now is the time to do that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How about bellerin in wenger’s era?
It seems you all forget how good he can be.

For now, maybe it’s injury, maybe it’s form/fitness, that he is not performing as good as he is capable of.

But he is still young. And especially when we have seen how great he can be at his highest level, why not give him a bit more time to get back to that standard?

Yeah he burst onto the scene and was pretty good for his first two season before his flaws became increasingly obvious. Made countless mistakes defensively, couldn't cross the ball particularly well so his attacking contribution was limited.

I'd say his performances under Emery in 2018 were better than his last couple of seasons under Wenger tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom