• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Isn't that a positive though? He's made a team more solid and given them a base to build on. That's the hard bit done, the next step is to sign a couple of ballers further forward to add some variety to the attack.
I guess it's a slight positive, but we're still having these lapses in concentration because of our tendency to park the bus in the second half and we concede goals that lead to losing valuable points.

His record in 15 games is 7 wins, 5 draws and 3 loses. Not exactly edge of your seat stuff, but the thing that worries me the most is the way we play and his team selection, which is baffling at times.

There were games when I saw the team press with more conviction in the first half and in the second they were all spent and having nothing in the tank, deciding to just sit deep and absorb pressure, which we rarely managed to do well.

We have a lethargic build up play, almost no speed and the players look like they have no clue what to do when we're looking for goals.

Aside from that, the decision to give Luiz a new contract is ludicrous considering he's a powder keg waiting to blow up at any time in a game.

Reactions: A_G

sykesy69

What you looking at fee wise? Partey has a release clause at around £45m I think, if we include Guendouzi we get that down.

Grealish depends on if Villa go down. If they stay up it wont happen but if they’re relegated I reckon he’d be available for £50m. We can raise that from Torreira and Lacazette hopefully.
Isn't Partey approaching his final year on his contract?

Surely his RC doesn't have to be met, especially in this climate. They risk losing him for free next summer rather than bringing in a reasonable fee now? If their finances are in trouble (some massive signings last year, possibly no CL next year), they need to be smart.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
EcG4pbBWkAUAoRC

Emery broke Arsenal, couldn't even get us our regular top of the calendar year table trophy.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Partey approaching his final year on his contract?

Surely his RC doesn't have to be met, especially in this climate. They risk losing him for free next summer rather than bringing in a reasonable fee now? If their finances are in trouble (some massive signings last year, possibly no CL next year), they need to be smart.
Nope. Contract expires in 2023.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cygan was alright in small doses, not every back up centre back can be amazing, he played his part.

Plus Sol had this absolute legend alongside him more often than not anyway...

kolo-toure-arsenal-premier-league_z67c241lt0ui12wdmwt75ufpd.jpg

:drool:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only concern I have with this is that we’re going for name over ability again.

Not saying he’s not a talent but can’t afford a repeat of Pepe / Özil.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Only concern I have with this is that we’re going for name over ability again.

Not saying he’s not a talent but can’t afford a repeat of Pepe / Özil.

A repeat of Özil? That would be superb considering Partey's work rate and ethic.

A repeat of Pepe? Blokes been here for not even a full season under 3 different managers and done well.

Not sure what you're getting at there. A repeat of Mustafi? Nah don't want that, a repeat of Xhaka? Again don't want another one like that.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A repeat of Özil? That would be superb considering Partey's work rate and ethic.

A repeat of Pepe? Blokes been here for not even a full season under 3 different managers and done well.

Not sure what you're getting at there. A repeat of Mustafi? Nah don't want that, a repeat of Xhaka? Again don't want another one like that.

Raise your standards.

Özil’s while great in spells and one standout season has been largely inconsistent.

Pepe as of yet hasn’t come close to justifying the fee, being outperformed by an academy player.

The point being anyway that these two represent going for a name for the fans rather than a player for the team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Raise your standards.

Özil’s while great in spells and one standout season has been largely inconsistent.

Pepe as of yet hasn’t come close to justifying the fee, being outperformed by an academy player.

The point being anyway that these two represent going for a name for the fans rather than a player for the team.
I get what you mean but this situation is different. Özil and Pepe were like cherries on a half baked cake whilst Partey will be the cornerstone (if we do it right) of our new look midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Raise your standards.

We are in 7th, my standards are where they should be for where we are. Anyone thinking above and beyond is running before they walk.

Also hindsight is a wonderful thing. You can sign a player for 5million and he could take the league by storm, you can sign players for 5 million and they can be awful.

You can sign a player for 60-140m and they can take a league by storm. You can sign a player for 60-140m and they can flop.

Price, to some extent doesn't matter too much. Ability, ceiling and how a player works in your team and system are the most important factors. Hence why Klopp has done so well whilst spending minimal amounts during his overall time with Liverpool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom