• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is it possible that our number two goalkeeper is World class?
Roma had one in the bench for almost a year and didn't realise they had a WC goalie in their bench

Since he's come on, I haven't seen any weakness in his game. He seems to command the area better than Leno and is more dominant in the air than Leno.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Roma had one in the bench for almost a year and didn't realise they had a WC goalie in their bench

Since he's come on, I haven't seen any weakness in his game. He seems to command the area better than Leno and is more dominant in the air than Leno.
I’m waiting for something to go wrong, seems to good to be true.

This seems like the moment in a documentary we’ll be watching ten years from now. Emi comes in due to a freak injury and just never looks back, leads the club to a new era wirh Arteta, Pepe, Saliba and Saka.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m waiting for something to go wrong, seems to good to be true.

This seems like the moment in a documentary we’ll be watching ten years from now. Emi comes in due to a freak injury and just never looks back, leads the club to a new era wirh Arteta, Pepe, Saliba and Saka
Knowing our luck, having said that, those players you name would end up having freak injuries and having Wilshere-esque career :lol:

Same with me. Watching him there seems to be no glaring weakness in his game. He reminds me a bit if Allison. He looks better physically than Leno.

I hope this is not a false dawn.

Quick question: Who would you rather have? Current Leno or current Emi

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The thing is with Leno he still makes me nervous at times!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We can safely say that he is better with the ball at his feet and in dealing with crosses than Leno. He also seems to parry the ball less. Leno on the other hand is very good at coming out quickly and can make some stunning saves. Martinez has also impressed me with how quickly he comes off his line as he did twice yesterday against Traore and is also capable of some very impressive saves. I thought both our team performance and individual performances yesterday was a bit overrated but Martinez has seriously impressed me. Looks like a complete goalkeeper.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
- His distribution is so much better and that is very important.
- The command of his box is better

- He seems more assured
- He catches rather than Punch
- He just has a calming aura around him.

These 2 points especially is really important for a keeper at a top club.

roz

Fake News Merchant
His distribution might actually be better than Lenos. Leno is a fantastic keeper but Emi has been great so far

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Leno is like a create a character model in a video game...a very good keeper, but seems to have a completely bland personality.

Emi has a bit of a **** side to his personality, similar to Woj when he was here, that will serve him well as a goalkeeper.

Feels like yesterday that I was the only one rating Martinez on here over Lenoþ glad more are coming around!

You switch GKs and we start racking up those clean sheets. Easy math. Martinez is

Someone point out here that Leno makes jim nervous. I always try to point out not only does Leno make us fans nervous but the whole defense in front of him.

I like Martinez better than Leno. I think he suits our game lot better and with game time he can iron out these mistakes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Quick question: Who would you rather have? Current Leno or current Emi
Well current Emi has no weaknesses.

Current Leno tends to bottle it a tiny bit, is average with his feet and flappy on crosses.

It’s a no brainer but I refuse to believe that Martinez is this good. :lol:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Both of our keepers improved massively this year.

Must be something to do with the new GK coach Arteta brought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom