• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leno

AMN Saliba Gabriel Tierney

Partey Xhaka Saka

Pepe Auba ASMaximin​

Allan Saint-Maximin and Pepe on the wings would be a headache for any defence plus Partey and Saka will be able to cover the space in the middle of the pitch.

3 realistic signings in Gabriel, Partey and ASM depending on if we sell Guendouzi, Lacazette, Bellerin etc.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think we will sign Partey and a CB regardless of who we sell. I feel like there's too much smoke on the Partey front and obviously our centre backs are either bad or just old. I'm confident we will move on Sokratis, Mavrapanos and Mustafi. Upamaecano is officially on his last year so I consider him ours.

Depending on further sales I think we will go for an AM. Creativity through the middle is still an issue and I know Arteta would want to fix that. I think Guendouzi or Torreria will be our sacrificial lamb for any potential swap deals. I don't think there are many clubs who would be willing to pay Lacazette's wages so I think we'll be stuck with him or we send him out on loan but here's hoping someone actually buys him. So, Guendouzi out for Aouar would make the most sense. Lyon would like to have their hands on a French starlet. And hopefully we get rid of some of the dead wood.

So I think our transfer window will look like this:
Ins:
Partey
Upamaecano
Aouar
Saliba (back from loan)
ESR (back from loan)

Outs:
Sokratis
Mustafi
Mavrapanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Lacazette
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Cellabos (back to Madrid)

Leno
AMN Saliba Upa Tierney

Aouar Partey Saka

Pepe Nketiah Auba

Bench: Nelson, Cedric, Luiz, Willock, ESR, Martinelli, Mari, Xhaka, Martinez

TornadoTed

Established Member
Leno

Partey Xhaka Saka

Pepe Auba ASMaximin​

Allan Saint-Maximin and Pepe on the wings would be a headache for any defence plus Partey and Saka will be able to cover the space in the middle of the pitch.

3 realistic signings in Gabriel, Partey and ASM depending on if we sell Guendouzi, Lacazette, Bellerin etc.

I'd be pretty delighted with that, I would probably just about prefer Edouard to Maximin though if pushed. I think Auba offers more on the left than through the centre and Edouard just looks like such a good all round player with no real weaknesses to his game.

Leno

Partey Xhaka Saka

Pepe Edouard Auba​

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Partey
Saint-Maximin
A Centrback (hard to pick imo)

Would be my ideal summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd be pretty delighted with that, I would probably just about prefer Edouard to Maximin though if pushed. I think Auba offers more on the left than through the centre and Edouard just looks like such a good all round player with no real weaknesses to his game.

Leno

Partey Xhaka Saka

Pepe Edouard Auba​

That could work, although I wonder if that front 3 are all players who want to be on the end of moves instead of helping to build them. I suppose Pepe can create, but I think he's better closer to goal where he can score.

Saint-Maximin is purely about dribbling past people and creating chances for teammates. He's such a destabilising presence, if you had him creating space for two good finishers like Auba and Pepe it could be deadly, whereas I wonder if Auba-Edouard-Pepe is too much finishing and not enough creating.

And remember we have Nketiah and Martinelli too, who are also both more finishers than creators.

I'd go for Edouard if we had to sell Auba though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Leno

Partey Xhaka Saka

Pepe Auba ASMaximin​

What's cool about that team is how many good dribblers there are. Pepe, Partey and Saka are all very good dribblers, and Saint-Maximin is obviously an incredible dribbler.

Like even if a team has one good dribbler they're going to pull the opposition formation out of shape and cause a defence problems, but if you had potentially four of them it could be pretty exciting.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Realistically you can't get rid of so many players in one summer and replace them adequately.

Out's (Wages per year in brackets) -

Guendouzi - £35M (500k)
Laca - £25M (2.4m)
Özil - whoever will pay his wages (4.2M)
Sokratis - £5M (1.2m)
Elneny and Mavro i'd swap for a pair of football boots
Bellerin - £25M (1.32m)
Holding or Chambers - £10-15M (500k-1m)

Get rid of that lot and you save a lot on wages plus get around 100m in the kitty. Easier said than done with some, but Guendouzi, Laca and Bellerin in particular are the key to a good summer. Get rid of them as they're sellable assets and start a rebuild.

But more important with the outs list you're taking around 10m a year off the wage bill. Almost half of which is bloody Özil.

My in's list, considering the new FFP rules where you can essentially spend how you wish as long as its accounted for in 2021.

In's -

Partey - Swap for Guendouzi/Laca OR £42M release clause.
Gabriel or Upamecano - £25-35M
Kai Havertz - £80M
Depay - £20M

Net spend - £75M or so.

An absolute must if we want to get back to where we need to be.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Do you reckon Lyon would take a swap with Guendouzi for Aouar?

Partey - Xhaka - Aouar
Pepe -- Auba -- Saka

I feel like we're playing Saka in pretty much every position except his preferred one. Could be a nice front 6.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we will sign Partey and a CB regardless of who we sell. I feel like there's too much smoke on the Partey front and obviously our centre backs are either bad or just old. I'm confident we will move on Sokratis, Mavrapanos and Mustafi. Upamaecano is officially on his last year so I consider him ours.

Depending on further sales I think we will go for an AM. Creativity through the middle is still an issue and I know Arteta would want to fix that. I think Guendouzi or Torreria will be our sacrificial lamb for any potential swap deals. I don't think there are many clubs who would be willing to pay Lacazette's wages so I think we'll be stuck with him or we send him out on loan but here's hoping someone actually buys him. So, Guendouzi out for Aouar would make the most sense. Lyon would like to have their hands on a French starlet. And hopefully we get rid of some of the dead wood.

So I think our transfer window will look like this:
Ins:
Partey
Upamaecano
Aouar
Saliba (back from loan)
ESR (back from loan)

Outs:
Sokratis
Mustafi
Mavrapanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Lacazette
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Cellabos (back to Madrid)

Leno
AMN Saliba Upa Tierney

Aouar Partey Saka

Pepe Nketiah Auba

Bench: Nelson, Cedric, Luiz, Willock, ESR, Martinelli, Mari, Xhaka, Martinez

This would be so good. Being greedy I'd like to see another forward in there, maybe Edouard.

I also think Xhaka will be in the side next season, with one of Mari/Luiz partnering Upamecano (can't see Arteta going with two u21 centre halves). Long term though this what Arteta will want imo.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Partey - Xhaka - Aouar
Pepe -- Auba -- Saka

I feel like we're playing Saka in pretty much every position except his preferred one. Could be a nice front 6.

Fingers crossed they consider it. I saw reports a few weeks ago they'd sell him for approx 40million, so Guendouzi and a bit of money may be plausible.

This guy is a genius footballer imo. He is amazing at playing on the half turn and has end product. Just what we need in midfield.

He has played basically every midfield position to a high level, and has top class champions league performances against top sides (City, Juventus). The club should do everything they can to sign him.

I think we have a chance as well. A few weeks ago I thought he was definitely city bound, but I get the feeling now that next season they'll be all in with Foden. Juve who were linked have also just signed Arthur.

Partey/Aouar transforms this team, I'm convinced.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fingers crossed they consider it. I saw reports a few weeks ago they'd sell him for approx 40million, so Guendouzi and a bit of money may be plausible.

This guy is a genius footballer imo. He is amazing at playing on the half turn and has end product. Just what we need in midfield.

He has played basically every midfield position to a high level, and has top class champions league performances against top sides (City, Juventus). The club should do everything they can to sign him.

I think we have a chance as well. A few weeks ago I thought he was definitely city bound, but I get the feeling now that next season they'll be all in with Foden. Juve who were linked have also just signed Arthur.

Would be perfect to be fair. And we can do it if the player agrees.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Yeah couldn't agree more, I always saw a bit of Iniesta in the way he dribbles. He's definitely a player Pep would love, so you'd imagine Arteta would love him too.

And you know it kinda makes sense to move Guendouzi on from a footballing perspective too. Obviously there's been a bust-up between him and the coach, in which case he has to go anyway.

But in terms of football I think he can be a really good player, problem is his skills overlap too much with Xhaka. If Xhaka is here for the long-term then there probably isn't room for Guendouzi anyway. He could go to Lyon and really do well there.

But honestly, imagine if we could swap Guendouzi for Aouar and Lacazette for Partey, would be incredible business.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah couldn't agree more, I always saw a bit of Iniesta in the way he dribbles. He's definitely a player Pep would love, so you'd imagine Arteta would love him too.

And you know it kinda makes sense to move Guendouzi on from a footballing perspective too. Obviously there's been a bust-up between him and the coach, in which case he has to go anyway.

But in terms of football I think he can be a really good player, problem is his skills overlap too much with Xhaka. If Xhaka is here for the long-term then there probably isn't room for Guendouzi anyway. He could go to Lyon and really do well there.

But honestly, imagine if we could swap Guendouzi for Aouar and Lacazette for Partey, would be incredible business.

Yeah, I remember that game where Arteta was head coach for City against Lyon in the CL, Ndombele and Aouar absolutely dominated City's midfield. So Arteta's seen first hand what he can do. Seem to remember reports after the game that Pep had asked Arteta to compile reports on Aouar after the game.

Would be amazing if we can get it done. Partey and Aouar absolutely transform this team imo.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Partey - Xhaka - Aouar
Pepe -- Auba -- Saka

This is pretty much my dream scenario. Guendouzi could be a trade asset for getting Aouar, indeed.

Harry Hunter

Swap deal time
Kolasinac + Torreira + cash? For Koulibaly
Laca for Partey
Douzi for Aouar

Sell Bellerin to PSG
Auba sign new deal hopefully(if not use in a swap deal)
Saliba and ESR back from loan
Dead wood sold
Sign some random backup left back and potentially a defensive midfielder

Leno
AMN Saliba Koulibaly Tierney
Partey Xhaka Aouar
Pepe Auba Martinelli

Martinez
Cedric Luiz(rather Mustafi) Mari ???
Willock ??? ESR
Nelson Nketiah Saka

Realistically Saka starts over Martinelli but I just wanted to put that all English front 3

goldengod

A realistic summer:

- Auba/Nketiah/Mustafi/Chambers/Martinez: new contracts
- Elneny/Mkhi/Özil/Sokratis: sold for a few mill combined (mostly free
- Guendouzi: £30-35m
-Lacazette: £35-40m

In:

Partey
AM (e.g., Auour/Szoboszlai)
LW (e.g., Saint-Maximin)

That essentially leaves:
AMN/Torreira/Willock - backup CMs
Willock/Saka/Martinelli/Nelson/ESR - backup AM/Wingers
Nketiah/Martinelli - backup strikers

One open issue is Kolasinac - either he signs a new deal on a lower wage to reflect his squad status or is sold. We could either: (i) sign a new young LB; (ii) have AMN/Cedric as backups, but then invest the money to get another CM. My preference would be the former.

Re - Sign Auba
Swap Lacazette plus 10m for Partey
Swap Guendozi plus 10m for Auour
Buy Upamecano 40m
Pay Özil to go away 10m
Keep Ceabllos one more year

Hope to find 60m in player sales to cover which would be hard
Bellerin or AMN,
Holding or Chambers
Sokratis
Mustafi,
Balogun