• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

remains

Thought the second half was getting away from us and Arteta should have made the changes earlier. Then again, I think we may well have held on and possibly scored a second without the silly red.

Goonger

If City's ban is upheld then it'll be 6th and 7th get automatic Europa League qualification, right? If we can beat sp*rs at the weekend then that should be possible.

I think it might be 8th in that case. 5th gets Europa League, down to 6th coz City won EFL Cup, down to 7th because of FA Cup. City get banned it's all shifted again, so 8th?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
First we should keep in mind that Leicester were quite weakened today, their full backs are hugely important and Madison too. Still I feel quite positive after the game despite the disappointment of dropping points. In the first half we looked more threatening going forward than I`ve seen us in a long time and overall we defended well. It`s clear as day that Arteta is slowly putting his mark on the team but he needs time. Martinez, Luiz, Mustafi and Tierney very solid. Ceballos was excellent first half. Lacazette looked a lot sharper but his finishing cost us. Ref was awful, hoe many times do we have to accept teams kicking us without even being booked? It`s getting ridicolous now. Ayew and that Brigton player setting records in fouls without being booked.

Polar Bear

The ref cost us NOTHING.

The Eddie challenge was a straight red, totally missed the ball and went hard with studs. The goal was a goal from Vardy, not offside at all, Kolasnic was playing everyone onside. Right decision and correct.

We did not win because of ourselves and thats why we are in the position we are in after 34 matches played, its on us. We was awesome in the first half, we could have been 4-0 up, we played some great moves but we allowed the game to get scrappy and we coasted, we just rested on 1-0 and thats so dangerous, we let them get back into it and you can only do that if you have a big lead. Its our own fault. Lucky to get a draw in the end because of our own poor game tactics, never ever allow the game to coast when you are only winning by 1 goal, its so risky, anything can happen.

I know because we love Arsenal that we only see everything in our favor with our Arsenal glasses, but we cost ourselves in that match, so naive. Man City would have gone for the throat at 1-0 up and finished the match off.

Pop Tart

Established Member
First half I thought we were excellent with dani and granit pulling the strings. Saka incredible. Also hector was proving a rare threat. 2nd half we panicked like so many times just rushing into challenge and hitting and hoping passing. No composure . Typical of us

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The ref cost us NOTHING.

The Eddie challenge was a straight red, totally missed the ball and went hard with studs. The goal was a goal from Vardy, not offside at all, Kolasnic was playing everyone onside. Right decision and correct.

We did not win because of ourselves and thats why we are in the position we are in after 34 matches played, its on us. We was awesome in the first half, we could have been 4-0 up, we played some great moves but we allowed the game to get scrappy and we coasted, we just rested on 1-0 and thats so dangerous, we let them get back into it and you can only do that if you have a big lead. Its our own fault. Lucky to get a draw in the end because of our own poor game tactics, never ever allow the game to coast when you are only winning by 1 goal, its so risky, anything can happen.

I know because we love Arsenal that we only see everything in our favor with our Arsenal glasses, but we cost ourselves in that match, so naive. Man City would have gone for the throat at 1-0 up and finished the match off.
Can't wait til you go extinct.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think it was a red but the whole ref going to the screen thing seems a bit silly. How likely is he to disagree with the VAR people that just spent a ridiculous amount of time reviewing it?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The ref cost us NOTHING.

Nope. Vardy is onside when the original cross comes in but Perez touches it and plays him offside as he's already made his run. It's not much of a touch but it doesn't have to be, it's a touch.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The way Vardy kicked Mustafi was far to unnatural to be an accident. He knew what he was doing.

I did exactly the same thing when i was younger, meant it, tried to play it off as a accidental tumble, got away with it other kid i think needed stitches and I did a rivaldo/Luiz like laugh and winks to mt teammate when i realised i got away with it.

Whickham

Should have won the game with that performance, VAR sucks and the ref is a f***** idiot, it doesn't look like a red card andaand it costed us a lot, Arteta needs to work on his substitution/ttiming, he's tactically weak today, how
on earth bring in Nketiah and willock when you have toreira, sokratis and pepe on the bench, and also we should get rid of Laca, Bellerin, Nketiah, Arteta, Kola and Guendouzi, Nketiah this summer to make change.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I saw someone post what could the defence have done on the goal?

two things. Hold a better line or drop. Mustafi plays Vardy onside if he gets up slightly better he is off. The other is simply tracking the runner from a goal side position as Ashley Cole said. drop into the space and clear it. Seen Tierney do something similar against Wolves were he complained he had two. He could have stepped up risked the offside or as he done he stayed with the runner and ultimately won a goal kick.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Great first half and horrendous second half. Why did we look so knackered in the second half?
Never mind the result, we wouldn’t get near the CL anyway. What worries me a tiny bit, was the way we suddenly lost the game out of our hands. I can recall to many games Arsenal did this pre Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom