• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Feels like he could explode next season and Madrid are probably closer to giving up on him so I'd push very hard for a purchase option this time around if we get another loan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There's obviously a big difference between playing like that for 45 mins and playing like that consistently throughout the season. But we can look at that performance as an example of what he's capable of.

He's capable of being a very good two-way central midfielder, a no. 8 who can contribute in both defence and attack. If he could play like that regularly I'd be happy to have him in the team.

So let's get ahead of ourselves shall we. Say that we do keep him on loan or whatever, and say he can replicate that performance consistently, how do you set up the midfield?

Cos you'd think you'd want a really good defensive midfielder behind him, and a more attacking midfielder next to him. And Xhaka isn't either of those. So does Xhaka get in the team?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There's obviously a big difference between playing like that for 45 mins and playing like that consistently throughout the season. But we can look at that performance as an example of what he's capable of.

He's capable of being a very good two-way central midfielder, a no. 8 who can contribute in both defence and attack. If he could play like that regularly I'd be happy to have him in the team.

So let's get ahead of ourselves shall we. Say that we do keep him on loan or whatever, and say he can replicate that performance consistently, how do you set up the midfield?

Cos you'd think you'd want a really good defensive midfielder behind him, and a more attacking midfielder next to him. And Xhaka isn't either of those. So does Xhaka get in the team?

I think if you had a midfield of Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos you’d have enough defensive cover that you can play a 4-3-3 with your fullbacks pushed high up and have your wingers operating as inside forwards to provide creativity from central positions. Still might not have enough creativity but it’s a very strong midfield.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

First of all, he needs to become stronger, because he keeps slipping all over the place when he is turning.

At this point, you cannot build a midfield around him, so if we do keep him, we should get another two midfielders (if we play 4-3-3).

He has the same problem like Ramsey: They both cannot sustain 90 minutes.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think if you had a midfield of Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos you’d have enough defensive cover that you can play a 4-3-3 with your fullbacks pushed high up and have your wingers operating as inside forwards to provide creativity from central positions. Still might not have enough creativity but it’s a very strong midfield.

I guess so yeah, but it's not what I'd think of as an ideal or complete midfield, which is what we should be aiming for after all.

I feel like Xhaka is in that midfield just because we all sense he's in Arteta's plans, and Partey is in it just because we're linked to him.

Imagine if we didn't have to play Xhaka no matter what, and imagine we weren't linked to Partey, how would you build a midfield with Ceballos in it?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Again, a very good performance from him yesterday. Ceba, Auba and Tierney are stand out players post lock down.

Hope we sign him permanently.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I guess so yeah, but it's not what I'd think of as an ideal or complete midfield, which is what we should be aiming for after all.

I feel like Xhaka is in that midfield just because we all sense he's in Arteta's plans, and Partey is in it just because we're linked to him.

Imagine if we didn't have to play Xhaka no matter what, and imagine we weren't linked to Partey, how would you build a midfield with Ceballos in it?

Well ideally you’d have either one of Xhaka/Ceballos partnering Partey with a more attack minded midfielder playing a bit further forward but do we think that way because we had a decade of Wenger setting us up that way and now we’re programmed to think we need an attacking midfielder? Liverpool play a similar way to the way I mentioned with a strong midfield 3. Madrid play with Kroos/Casemiro/Modri. Henderson/Fabinho/Winjaldum is not too dissimilar to Ceballos/Xhaka/Partey.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Well ideally you’d have either one of Xhaka/Ceballos partnering Partey with a more attack minded midfielder playing a bit further forward but do we think that way because we had a decade of Wenger setting us up that way and now we’re programmed to think we need an attacking midfielder? Liverpool play a similar way to the way I mentioned with a strong midfield 3. Madrid play with Kroos/Casemiro/Modri. Henderson/Fabinho/Winjaldum is not too dissimilar to Ceballos/Xhaka/Partey.

Well it's true that Liverpool's midfield do very little creating, but they have quite a unique system. Their fullbacks are basically their playmakers, and I wouldn't want to recreate that. Most successful teams have creativity from midfield, KDB at City or Modric at Madrid for example.

I mean Arteta himself was an attacking midfielder originally, so I can't believe that he wouldn't want to play with at least one, if not two, creative midfielders. But it's hard to tell whether Arteta genuinely rates Xhaka and Ceballos or if they're just the best of what he has available to him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was our best defender for the last couple of games and he complimented that yesterday with a fine technical display. Passing was on point and he didn't hug the ball that much.

If we do buy him, there is always a potential that he won't be that consistent, but there is also a potential that we could get a fine player who is still very young and could improve. It's a risk for sure, but even if he doesn't make it here, I think we could sell him without problems

His defensive skills are insane and it looks like Arteta is dealing with some of the issues he has in his game. Arteta was an expert in this position Ceballos is playing now and he's probably the best person to guide him

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Our best option in central midfield at the moment. I’ve been slagging him off all season but now for me, he’s a starter.

He does well when he doesn’t spin himself into trouble and looks for the forward pass I hope he does it more.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Are we interested in signing him permanently anyone know also if he is interested in joining permanently? Xhaka back to his best, Ceballos in this form consistently & if Partey joins would be a good central midfield rotation or in a 3.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well it's true that Liverpool's midfield do very little creating, but they have quite a unique system. Their fullbacks are basically their playmakers, and I wouldn't want to recreate that. Most successful teams have creativity from midfield, KDB at City or Modric at Madrid for example.

I mean Arteta himself was an attacking midfielder originally, so I can't believe that he wouldn't want to play with at least one, if not two, creative midfielders. But it's hard to tell whether Arteta genuinely rates Xhaka and Ceballos or if they're just the best of what he has available to him.

To be honest, I would be very surprised if he was really happy with his midfield and rated both of them. They both have good qualities, but it just isn't enough if he wants to compete and be as flexible as he wants tactically. I think he 3ants to move to 4 3 3, but he realises he doesn't have the players to do it.

Think about how much tinkering and tactical input he has to have just to make us more solid. We dont have any centre backs that are consistently good enough to be in a 2. They either make a mistake or get sent off once every 5 games. So he has moved us to a back 3 to make Luiz, Mustafi and Kola feel comfortable.

We have creativity in Saka when he is on the left. Him and Tierney in tandom can run riot if Saka plays as a left 8 with the freedom to float.

The right 8 needs to offset Saka and Partry would be perfect for that role as it allows the right back to move forward and Pepe to drift inside. Partey isn't a Dm he is a cm.

The most important signing he may make other than Partey is finding a technically gifted, athletic holding midfielder. Someone who can play the ball in between the lines and step away from trouble. Someone who is brave and can also cover large distances. Someone with a good passing range. We need a midfielder who isn't just happy keeping the ball. We need someone who wants to effect the game.

I wonder whether Arteta worked with Douglas Luiz at City as he fits the dm profile. Pair him with Saka and Partey and you have a nice blend of hard working/ technical/ physical capabilities.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Partey is b2b so if he sits deeper to defend then also gets up to help on the counter, Xhaka with long balls over the top to stay back regularly despite his challenged would be enough I'd say. Partey would also have to come back aswell obviously.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
To be honest, I would be very surprised if he was really happy with his midfield and rated both of them. They both have good qualities, but it just isn't enough if he wants to compete and be as flexible as he wants tactically. I think he 3ants to move to 4 3 3, but he realises he doesn't have the players to do it.

Think about how much tinkering and tactical input he has to have just to make us more solid. We dont have any centre backs that are consistently good enough to be in a 2. They either make a mistake or get sent off once every 5 games. So he has moved us to a back 3 to make Luiz, Mustafi and Kola feel comfortable.

We have creativity in Saka when he is on the left. Him and Tierney in tandom can run riot if Saka plays as a left 8 with the freedom to float.

The right 8 needs to offset Saka and Partry would be perfect for that role as it allows the right back to move forward and Pepe to drift inside. Partey isn't a Dm he is a cm.

The most important signing he may make other than Partey is finding a technically gifted, athletic holding midfielder. Someone who can play the ball in between the lines and step away from trouble. Someone who is brave and can also cover large distances. Someone with a good passing range. We need a midfielder who isn't just happy keeping the ball. We need someone who wants to effect the game.

I wonder whether Arteta worked with Douglas Luiz at City as he fits the dm profile. Pair him with Saka and Partey and you have a nice blend of hard working/ technical/ physical capabilities.

I know you like Saka as a left 8, and I know he can play there, but why can't he play at LW? Like what's wrong with that. That's his preferred position after all. Maybe he can move a bit further back later on in his career, but the kid is 18, just let him run and dribble at people. That seems like the simpler and more natural thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom