• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilshereGone

Could turn into a bit of a dilemma because Leno's been our best player this season with Auba but I prefer Emi's style of keeping so much more.

Small sample size but he's so confident commanding his area, which is Leno's biggest weakness. Leno might be the more acrobatic shot stopper but Emi's made a lot if sharp saves, good with his feet. Maybe the 1st goal vs Brighton was a bit dodgy, but he hasn't put a foot wrong since imo. His positioning and speed off his line is really impressive too. If he continues this form I prefer him over Leno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dave Seaman was also very strong in this area, particularly in the early part of his time at Arsenal when he was more athletic.

Don't remember Jens being that weak in the air...his main weakness was that you could never trust what the **** he was gonna do really :lol:

Still a very good keeper and a great personality, miss him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't remember Jens being that weak in the air...his main weakness was that you could never trust what the **** he was gonna do really :lol:

Still a very good keeper and a great personality, miss him.

Wouldn't say Jens was weak, but he was keen on punching the ball. Seaman was just a wee bit short to be really commanding in the box in my opinion.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Se
Wouldn't say Jens was weak, but he was keen on punching the ball. Seaman was just a wee bit short to be really commanding in the box in my opinion.
Seaman was big,same height as Martinez and had a big frame. From what I remember dealing with high balls and crosses was a strength of his.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Normally, GK go for punching crosses because they are not confident of catching it.

These GK when making a normal save (not dealing with crosses) will parry the ball more than catching.

Jens catching/handling when making a save was superb. In fact, one of the best I have ever seen. So I think him punching crosses is because he likes to do it, rather than incapable unlike most other GK.

elemoo

Arsenal’s best player today... does everything Leno does but with superior ariel ability, command of the box and distribution (particularly with his feet).

Could see us conceding a few of those saved shots with Leno in goal.

If this trend continues I think he should be our #1 keeper tbh

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah this is the best form of any keeper at Arsenal for the past 15 years. If he were to keep it up in pre season then you can't really see why Leno deserves to start when he comes back

Keepers are weird though. Look at De Gea

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In his earlier appearances he used to be good but always had an error in him, looks like he’s cleaned that up. If he keeps it up for the last four games you have to consider who our number 1 is going forward.

Martinez being homegrown and a veteran at the club must be an advantage.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would you guys sell Leno if Emi keeps it up for the last few games?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nah, you let them two battle it out next year, and if then one wants to leave you let them.

This Martinez run is the best since Lehmann maybe.

I agree that Marinez has been quality since he came into the team.

But I feel Szcz's time gets overlooked due to how badly it ended here, he had periods were he looked outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom