• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,415
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The problem with moving to Napoli for 80m euro is that it's going to be incredibly difficult to move to the PL after that, a club would have to pay so much that it becomes very unlikely. Look at Koulibaly, realistically he should have moved already but De Laurentiis has effectively held him hostage to a massive transfer fee.

I still think he'd be a cool Lacazette replacement if Arteta decides he still wants to play Auba on the left. Osimhen is really strong, good in the air, can hold the ball up, and he's better in the right channel, leaving space for Auba to score in the left channel. He could be a good focal point, target man type CF.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
80m euro deal is agreed but Osimhen wants time to think about it. He'd prefer the PL, he's worried about racist abuse in Italy and he's still struggling after the death of his father.

It doesn't make sense of us to get him, especially not for such a fee, but the pure thought of stealing Torreira, then Pepe and now Osimhen from them would be ridiculous.

Very worried about the mafia having enough of this **** though

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The problem with moving to Napoli for 80m euro is that it's going to be incredibly difficult to move to the PL after that, a club would have to pay so much that it becomes very unlikely. Look at Koulibaly, realistically he should have moved already but De Laurentiis has effectively held him hostage to a massive transfer fee.

I still think he'd be a cool Lacazette replacement if Arteta decides he still wants to play Auba on the left. Osimhen is really strong, good in the air, can hold the ball up, and he's better in the right channel, leaving space for Auba to score in the left channel. He could be a good focal point, target man type CF.

I get that, but since KT's success I would give @bingobob another benefit and go for Dembele or the other Celtic bloke whose name I forgot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I get that, but since KT's success I would give @bingobob another benefit and go for Dembele or the other Celtic bloke whose name I forgot.

Odsonne Edouard, yeah I hear some Celtic people rate him higher than Moussa Dembele.

I dunno, like does Arteta play Auba on the left because he prefers him there, or does he do it just out of necessity? If he wants to keep Auba and keep playing him on the left, then I guess the club will try to sign whichever CF best suits that system. From what I've seen Osimhen might suit that very well, whereas Edouard actually looks like he likes to play in the same area as Auba, in that left channel.

Edouard could be the best replacement for Auba if he leaves. But y'know, it's a mystery to me what Arteta wants.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Odsonne Edouard, yeah I hear some Celtic people rate him higher than Moussa Dembele.

I dunno, like does Arteta play Auba on the left because he prefers him there, or does he do it just out of necessity? If he wants to keep Auba and keep playing him on the left, then I guess the club will try to sign whichever CF best suits that system. From what I've seen Osimhen might suit that very well, whereas Edouard actually looks like he likes to play in the same area as Auba, in that left channel.

Edouard could be the best replacement for Auba if he leaves. But y'know, it's a mystery to me what Arteta wants.

I think he play's there out of necessity, look at that left side. It's Saka (young), KT (young, new to the league), Xhaka and Kolasinac.

He needs someone senior there, or rather someone with better concentration levels. Think as soon as we get someone more mobile in midfield and a better centerback, we'll see 4-3-3 more often.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dembele is an old school centre forward. Pace, power strength. He wont bring as much to the team outside the final third but if you're looking for someone who would be the more mobile Giroud but perhaps not as good at link up play Dembele is your man. He would score a ton of goals for us.

I'd be delighted if we signed him. In many ways moving Aubameyang and Lacazette on IMO bringing Dembele in gives us a more normalised set up.

Dembele is an out and out centre forward you cannot shift him. It means you can play Saka from the left. You've got a younger player who will score you 20 goals a season through the middle as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I personally wouldnt join a side like Napoli, Lyon or Sp**s if I was aiming to use them as a stepping stone. Laurentis, Aulas and Levy are so difficult to do business with so its not exactly gonna be easy to force a move.

I guess we need to be more like that though.. either keep our players or get a lot of money for them. Otherwise you become a feeder club.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

80m euro deal is agreed but Osimhen wants time to think about it. He'd prefer the PL, he's worried about racist abuse in Italy and he's still struggling after the death of his father.

Sad really, you would think that modern footballers wouldn’t have to deal with this ****. He has a phenomenal opportunity to provide further for his family but has to weigh those types of things into question is sickening.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I personally wouldnt join a side like Napoli, Lyon or Sp**s if I was aiming to use them as a stepping stone. Laurentis, Aulas and Levy are so difficult to do business with so its not exactly gonna be easy to force a move.

I guess we need to be more like that though.. either keep our players or get a lot of money for them. Otherwise you become a feeder club.
Well every footballer seems to be using Dortmund as a stepping stone and I’d argue that Zorc isn’t the easiest to do business with either. It’s just the economics of the game.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Rice is pretty average on the ball and gets caught out a lot positionally, stay well clear. Also not the profile we should be after, could see him ending up at United or Chelsea easily enough tho.

Rice isn't average on the ball. Good passer on the ball with both feet. Not top class on the ball but above average for sure. I rate him on the ball higher than Ndidi.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Rice has been impressive most of the time I’ve seen him tbh.. Think he’ll do well at a big club.
hate to say it cause he his a turn coat traitor who deserves a slap to the balls but yeah he is impressive in a poor team. Another one of those players that could step upto a better team. But one we are likely to turn our noses up at because we have a by and large snobby fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom