• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's a 50-50 that he got slightly wrong having been on two seconds. If that's a non Arsenal player, it's not even a booking.
Agree.

I understand why it's technically a red, but I barely ever see such a foul being punished with a red in the PL. I was watching on my phone, but I could also barely see any contact.

My immediate reaction was 50-50, unfortunate colission, yellow and move on. Still think that would've been a suitable punishment.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Its a classsic VAR sending off - looks much worse in slo-mo than real time - because its so much more difficult to judge intent, recklessness etc. VAR requires refs and backroom muppets to look at stuff in slo-mo but then apply the rule in real time. Its easy to do this with purely techical offside decisions - often less so in red reviews.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Its a classsic VAR sending off - looks much worse in slo-mo than real time - because its so much more difficult to judge intent, recklessness etc. VAR requires refs and backroom muppets to look at stuff in slo-mo but then apply the rule in real time. Its easy to do this with purely techical offside decisions - often less so in red reviews.

The thing that triggers me the most is that they show a referee one scene instead of those 2-3 scenes we got just before.

Some scenes make things look worse and some do the opposite - you see them all and judge more clearly.

FinnGooner

Established Member
For me, it was a red card because it was effectively a dangerous play, however there was absolutely no malice in the tackle. He saw a chance to get the ball which would've given us a very good counter-attacking chance. His job is to press actively, that's the main reason why he's in the team. This is a good learning experience for him. I think in the youth games he would've made it to the ball but now in the PL you have that one half a second less which can be crucial at times. You only learn this kind of nuances through experience.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Clear red card and a big let down, costed us points.

He's an OKish player, I like his pressing game but he's not even close to Laca in terms of overall quality. If we're serious about challenging for top4 and trophies we should try to do everything to keep Laca and sell Nketiah while his stocks are high. Martinelli is a bigger talent and already a better player than him.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Well it seems they can mess that one up too. Imo Leicester's goal was offside as it looked to me Perez got a slight touch on the ball before it reached Vardy.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Judging by the letter of the law it was a clear red card. In his eagerness to win the ball Nketiah misjudged the situation. It was just unfortunate.

say yes

forum master baiter
It was a definite red, but it doesn’t change how I feel about Eddie at all. It wasn’t malicious or even particularly stupid, just overzealous and unlucky. **** happens.

Don’t think he’s going to eventually make it here (so few do), and Lacazette is clearly the better player right now, but Eddie’s still an exciting talent who has merited his minutes this season. Shame about the suspension.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Could have easily have got a yellow and kept it moving really.
Was a stupid sub in the first place but whatever, still think it was harsh.

If you’re gonna slow mo every accident on the pitch there’s a lot more reds so I get a little bit irritated when people pretend that’s a stone wall red. Like my Man U mates.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, there's much more to take into account than just contact. I mean, if it was just down to that, then slo-mo would show you that Vardy also definitely had Mustafi in his sight and raked his studs across his head. He so obviously tries to make it look unintentional but slo-mo replay tells you the full story in that case. The difference is the ball was once where Eddies foot landed, as opposed to Vardy just being a ****.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Clear red card and a big let down, costed us points.

He's an OKish player, I like his pressing game but he's not even close to Laca in terms of overall quality. If we're serious about challenging for top4 and trophies we should try to do everything to keep Laca and sell Nketiah while his stocks are high. Martinelli is a bigger talent and already a better player than him.

Laca more polished and probably will have the better overall career. Will score better goals, be better at hold up, and score more diverse goals, but Eddie will get more poacher's efforts and will press better and beat more men off the dribble with pace. Martinelli is the better talent. Laca's time is limited as he's not really good enough at the role he has, and Eddie will either improve and contend for regular starts or will stagnate and get a few goals here and there and be sold.

Either way, Eddie's stock will be a lot higher after a few more games and a few more goals, so it makes absolutely no sense to sell him now unless you think he'll simply not play for us again.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Overhyped because laca is bang average. People are so frustrated with laca that they praise this guys work rate. People will only tire with work rate when goals are needed. But this kid has the golden boot in the bag.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Red card was a bit harsh. Eddie was clearly going for the ball and had no malicious intent. He doesn't have a reputation as a dirty player and always presses the defense and GKs. I think Pepe should have come on instead of Eddie though. Don't get it, cause I assume Pepe would be starting on Sunday. Why not give me a couple minutes here before such a big game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is everyone so quick and eager to pile on a kid?

Creswell tried snapping Pepe’s knee earlier in the season and got nothing. Can do one if you think Arsenal fans need to accept it was a red.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Why is everyone so quick and eager to pile on a kid?

Creswell tried snapping Pepe’s knee earlier in the season and got nothing. Can do one if you think Arsenal fans need to accept it was a red.

No one is pilling on him, he just isn't that good that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom