• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he just straight up wants out.

Teammates turned on a manager he liked, new guy on his ass, contract ticking down & bigger clubs out there.

Kind of like his stubborn attitude. :cool:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
bigger clubs out there.

Also showing great loyalty to a club that took him from the French second division only 2 years ago, played him all the ****ing time, even his numerous **** games, gave him fame and fortunate...but as soon as he has to earn his spot, rather than have it given to him on a plate like Emery did, he wants out...what an attitude!

Can't wait until he leaves us for PSG, only to be loan back to Lorient the year after :drool:

Also showing great loyalty to a club that took him from the French second division only 2 years ago, played him all the ****ing time, even his numerous **** games, gave him fame and fortunate...but as soon as he has to earn his spot, rather than have it given to him on a plate like Emery did, he wants out...what an attitude!

Can't wait until he leaves us for PSG, only to be loan back to Lorient the year after :drool:

When you tell it like this you have to wonder how scared Emery was of his player and had no control over them!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Probably the fact that he kept telling the Brighton players he earned more in week than they'd would ever earn in their carreers.

It was something along those lines, you add that to his antics in training, etc., and you've got a player who needs to step down from his high horse (or pony, if you're @OnlyOne )
I'd like to believe it has very little to do with his on-field conduct and is more about his general attitude. What he's alleged to have said about earnings is bad, and putting your hands on someone after the whistle for whatever reason is also bad, but it's all in the game and far worse things are said that don't go reported. In the grand scheme, it's nothing. However if it's consistent with other examples of ****house behaviour around the club, then he needs sorting, selling, slapped... whatever it takes.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Loyal to who though?

The guy that played him & the guy that did the deal are gone. I give him & a couple of others credit for playing till the end with Emery... most of his teammates didn't.

Now fallen out with the manager & club leaking **** most days.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Loyal to who though?

The guy that played him & the guy that did the deal are gone. I give him & a couple of others credit for playing till the end with Emery... most of his teammates didn't.

Now fallen out with the manager & club leaking **** most days.

This is way worse and much more disrespectful than anything Guendouzi is alleged to have done. He needs to grow up for sure, but nothing I'm reading here makes him a lost cause, all these leaks about a 21 year old is pretty scummy tbh, just deal with it internally. At this point a change is probably for the best for him too.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

This is way worse and much more disrespectful than anything Guendouzi is alleged to have done. He needs to grow up for sure, but nothing I'm reading here makes him a lost cause, all these leaks about a 21 year old is pretty scummy tbh, just deal with it internally. At this point a change is probably for the best for him too.

Very good point, top post.

Shalmaneser V

If the rumours about Barcelona being interested in him are true. We should ask for Riqui Puig in return. Better talent and potential imo.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If the rumours about Barcelona being interested in him are true. We should ask for Riqui Puig in return. Better talent and potential imo.

Barcelona must be extremely dimwitted to accept such a bid. Not that Guendouzi is not a top talent, he is, but Puig is probably better and higher ceiling. Then again, they traded Arthur for Pjanic so

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

You sure Guendouzi wasn't involved?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think too much is being made of him not apologising. I don't think Arteta is petty and is demanding Guendouzi to apologise to him but rather he has clearly been told to pull his head in my Arteta and Edu and own his mistakes and rather than taking that on board and putting his head down and rectifying it. He has bitten back at Arteta and Edu and seems to have dug himself a massive hole in the process.

Essentially he has taken the high road when he needs to humble himself.

Regarding any interest from Barcelona I wonder if a Coutinho swap would be on the cards. Personally against it but it makes sense given the Kia link and our supposed interest in Coutinho. Which for all the talk of our wage issues we cut a lot of salary already since the beginning of last season with Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Monreal, Koscienly and Mhkyitarian leaving and renewing Luiz on more friendly deal. Also have Kolasanic, Sokratis, Mustafi, Özil and Lacazette all possibly leaving at the end of the season. Only really leaves Auba, Pepe and Partey should he come on big money (150k plus) with a lot of kids earning around 30k or less.
If we were able to get Coutinho for peanuts by sacrificing Guendouzi, I'd buy a Don Raul t-shirt. Mkhi is gone, Özil is gone in 12 months. We can afford him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Barcelona must be extremely dimwitted to accept such a bid. Not that Guendouzi is not a top talent, he is, but Puig is probably better and higher ceiling. Then again, they traded Arthur for Pjanic so

Artur for Pjanic is an accountancy move / FFP dodge for both clubs. Because both were bought for much lower fees, it makes their books look much better. Ridiculous, and I hope it massively backfires for both

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️

Easier to get rid of one player than whole squad.

Also seems like Emery is a push over. PSG players were running wild when he was their manager.

blaze_of_glory

Unfortunately these sorts of leaks have been the norm since 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom