• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Mustafi, and the defenders in general, have benefited from having a coach that can implement a proper defensive system.

But system is the key word here. Mustafi individually is a poor player (for the level we are aiming to compete at). Get rid if a suitable offer comes in.
The better we can make them look thanks to them playing in a good setup the higher price we can get for them. If Arteta can rehabilitate Mustafi and we can then shift him for a fairer price than say 9 months ago I would be happy as a pig in ****.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Luiz was in decent form pre lockdown as well but we all saw the mistakes were still there versus City.
Mustafi has played decent as well lately but that shouldn't mean unnecessarily handing him a new deal. If Mikel wants to keep him around as a backup till his deal runs out fine but surely a new deal is just paper talk

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Out of the 5 bums we had as CBs this season I actually would have considered keeping mustafi and maybe one other, but the club already signed Mari and Luiz so not sure if I'm on board with keeping Mustafi now, wouldnt leave enough space for a new CB.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Once again the striker is behind his back and he has no idea where he is.

Once again we conceded due to this.
That's why he has to make these risky sliding tackles, because he isn't close to his opponent.
Four coaches haven't managed to coach this very important quality and that's why he cant be relied upon. He's been decent recently but we can't improve enough with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

That's why he has to make these risky sliding tackles, because he isn't close to his opponent.
I think it was smart cross it catch everybody vardy was quicker to react mustafi done well today.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I think that's a bit harsh, Vardy's movement was really good and that cross was really pinpoint a lot of defenders would've struggled there.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I am not one of these people who think Mustafi is terrible, I think some of the criticism of him has been way over the top. I actually think he would look pretty decent for a mid table team who get plenty of bodies back behind the ball.

However he just isn't good enough for a team at our level/the level we want to be so he must be moved on as soon as possible, hopefully this summer for a small fee or released next year.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Mustafi is a decent CB who when he loses confidence he either tries to do everything himself or takes himself out of the play to abdicate responsibility.

To date he has lacked the mental strength and concentration for a top 4 club, but his skill and physicality is decent. If Arteta thinks he can get into his head and sort that out, he is an asset. If not, he should be congratulated on his recovery in 2020 and sold to Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom