• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This would have never happened under Wenger.

It looks like it wont be happening in the future under Arteta. As the manager you have to stamp on stuff like this or you've lost. Douzi could have apologised for whatever happened, he chose not to, he's out!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Reading this thread and seeing the signs coming out of the club I think we need to say goodbye to him. Too bad it didn’t work out. I must admit I had hoped he would be a good player for us, but seems he doesn’t have the right attitude. Good of manager to set an example.

ChefMan21

If we can't get a good price for him loan him out to some lower league club. If he complains, he's gone.

The cost of a poisonous influence on a squad - along with the associated press scrutiny - is greater than the cost of making a loss on a player imo.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He refusing to apologise as he said he was defending Leno.

If this is true I'm on his side.
He can still apologize for how he did it if the manager considers how he did it incorrect. Doubt he will have to apologize for defending a team mate, but how and when he went about it.

Clearly there is more behind this than just the Brighton game. Think he needs to swallow his pride, apologize in a way the manager wants and change attitude. If he cannot then he has to go in my view.

Note that standing up for the team mates is something our team does too little of, so I have nothing against that in itself. But instead of putting you hand on someone after the game or running your mouth, confront the other player right at the foul or get stuck into him hard during the game. Not sure what he did served us or him well.

ChefMan21

If it's Inter, Atleti, or Barca in a swapsies pandemic window:

Inter - Skriniar or de Vrij
Barca - Puig, would look at La Masia for some talent
Atleti - Partey

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think he needs to swallow his pride, apologize in a way the manager wants and change attitude. If he cannot then he has to go in my view.
You can't change your attitude just like that. There's 18 years of growing up behind him and he is a result of that. Yeah, some apology would work temporarily, but in the long run, we will see new issues coming.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Atleti - Partey

Skriniar and De Vrij are two of the best CBs in the world. Would be a swap + 30-40 m for us.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He refusing to apologise as he said he was defending Leno.

If this is true I'm on his side.

I believe the only thing he was trying to |defend was his **** performance.

If he wants to stay, OK! If he doesnt he can go, he is a **** player anyway.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He can still apologize for how he did it if the manager considers how he did it incorrect. Doubt he will have to apologize for defending a team mate, but how and when he went about it.

Clearly there is more behind this than just the Brighton game. Think he needs to swallow his pride, apologize in a way the manager wants and change attitude. If he cannot then he has to go in my view.

Note that standing up for the team mates is something our team does too little of, so I have nothing against that in itself. But instead of putting you hand on someone after the game or running your mouth, confront the other player right at the foul or get stuck into him hard during the game. Not sure what he did served us or him well.
Tbf to him he's always among the first to the scene whenever an altercation happens with the opposition. Seem to remember him getting involved in the Sp**s melee last year, even though he wasn't playing.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
You can't change your attitude just like that. There's 18 years of growing up behind him and he is a result of that. Yeah, some apology would work temporarily, but in the long run, we will see new issues coming.
So he's incapable of changing?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tbf to him he's always among the first to the scene whenever an altercation happens with the opposition. Seem to remember him getting involved in the Sp**s melee last year, even though he wasn't playing.
I agree. I honestly have time for Guendouzi and if the issue was just a matter of sticking up for team mates in an incorrect way at times, I doubt he would be in the situation he is in now. I like that he runs in for a fight. Not sure he would be much help once there though. I wish harder guys like Kola would do more of this instead.

Guendouzi has clearly tested Arteta's patience too often for various reasons. If he doesn't have the right attitude from Arteta's standpoint the he needs to be traded. I still hope he can turn it around as I think he is a good player, but if not then he needs to go.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

That's one reason he has 8 yellows in 34 appearances.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

This 'attitude' has also got him from Ligue 2 to 80+ Arsenal appearances & French training camps within 24 months. He is being linked to some pretty big clubs.

Maybe this is not a player all managers will like but if you are buying you know the character & traits of a player... walking in with open eyes. Some may see it as a positive in a young player & develop it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Atleti - Partey
No chance Barcelona are selling Puig. The guy is a real talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom