• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sokratis was washed. Point taken on Mustafi. In fairness, Gabriel looked pretty sturdy in Spain before we ruined him as well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not convinced. Laporte, Van Dijk, Rudiger, Maguire were all proven in a top league before our rivals splashed. Even Alderweiweld had a succesful stint at Southampton. Long story short, Salibah and Mari are our punts from other leagues and I'd rather we bought from within the league.

The 4 players you mentioned all cost huge amounts. All signed relatively recently. We dont have 60-80m to throw on a centre half. Personally i still think we spent the Pepe money foolishly and went for an opportunist signing.

72m could have potentially bought a top CB and a young winger. I think it is much easier to find a winger who will do a half decent job than a top centre half. And we blew the load on the wrong position.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Either Chelsea, United or us... Although if its true that we've offered a contract to Sarr I'm not sure.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea and especially Arsenal have to shift centre backs before they bring anyone in. Liverpool are set at centre back and City/United have Laporte/Magiure to play LCB. So I reckon its Sp**s.

Vertonghen is going, so there is a gap for a left footed centre back in their squad. Mourinho is also pals with Campos and he seems the type of CB he would go for.

Hopefully it's us though, on paper he is the best option for the team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If swap deals become the norm this summer we could be in a good position with the likes of Guendouzi, Lacazette and even Auba if it comes to it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
ITKs talking in riddles these days.

AM should add a tool where you have the option to provide a source's reliability tier. Bceause some of these sources I have no idea whether they are bum level or elite.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we're in for this guy. Think it's either Everton or Sp*rs, or he'll go to Napoli.

We already bought a leftie in Mari. I think the club's long-term target is Upamecano and if a deal for him is possible they'll go for it, otherwise they'll make do with what we have for next season.

db10fan

Don't think its Arsenal who bids as we have more pressing need at CM and also loaded at CB so I expect CM to be the marquee signing this summer. LCB will be sorted with cheapish/free signing of Mari/Sarr. IMO, with Saliba signed only if we can sell 3-4 of Sokratis/Mustafi/Holding/Chambers/Mavro then we can sign another CB.
This is what IMO we are setting up at CB :
RCB : Luiz-Saliba
LCB : Mari and or Sarr/other Lefty CB
Back up CBs : 1 or 2 of Sokratis/Mustafi/Holding/Chambers/Mavro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom