• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I've always found crack heads a great source of amusement.

EcaejWLXgAALHB3

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Özil was brought to challenge for titles and deliver trophies. He did his bit. Got rewarded with a fat contract.

then the europa merchant screwed whatever was left when the wexiters were done. We went from being an Özil team to a Guendoozi team...

now we are a midtable team playing without a midfield...

We play with 3 attacking players not 4. The whole discussion is just hair splitting...and an old folks home thread.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Cantona earned that treatment. Apart from his first season, nothing Özil showed on the pitch warranted any type of special treatment imo.
Özil's best season as part of the team has to be 14/15 and 15/16, his best individual season imo was in 16/17 when he was regularly getting beyond Giroud and scoring goals like this

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The team had started to suffer by then though.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Imagine dating Carmen Electra back then, while playing with Michael Jordan and winning 3 titles in a row...what a life :drool:.

Didn't he also date Madonna and at one point while he was gambling in Vegas got a phone call from her telling him she was ovulating. Sending him a private jet. Took the plane to New York, creampied her and flew back to vegas to continue rolling the dice. What a life indeed.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil's best season as part of the team has to be 14/15 and 15/16, his best individual season imo was in 16/17 when he was regularly getting beyond Giroud and scoring goals like this

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The team had started to suffer by then though.
There was nothing regular about anything Özil did tbh—least of all ‘getting beyond Giroud and scoring goals like this’ *inserts best goal he ever scored which came against bin men from nowhere in particular*. Trying to gaslight the whole ting :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There was nothing regular about anything Özil did tbh—least of all ‘getting beyond Giroud and scoring goals like this’ *inserts best goal he ever scored which came against bin men from nowhere in particular*. Trying to gaslight the whole ting :lol:
I think that goes without saying. We're all arsenal fans I'm not trying to blag anyone into thinking he scored 20 goals or something. But I'm pretty sure this was his best goalscoring season while still maintaining his ability as a playmaker. It was agreed on in the old thread that he was a better player than madrid Özil at this point, just playing in a worse team.

You need to relax g.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Didn't he also date Madonna and at one point while he was gambling in Vegas got a phone call from her telling him she was ovulating. Sending him a private jet. Took the plane to New York, creampied her and flew back to vegas to continue rolling the dice. What a life indeed.
The tings were loose by then though. More something she can boast then Rodman tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It was agreed on in the old thread that he was a better player than madrid Özil at this point, just playing in a worse team.
Doubtful. I don’t know who agreed with who or whether this mass synchronised nod of heads should even mean anything... but in hindsight, nah. Not for me. Hard to compare, and hardly worth doing so either.

Last edited:

Think Özil is the most underrated player Arsenal has ever had!

Very thankful for his time here! Brilliant brilliant player! But that 350k was a huge mistake!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The fact that the argument has shifted from ‘he’s great!’ to ‘he was underrated’, will do for me. It’s like reading the gas and electric bill 5 minutes after you’ve won the lottery :lol:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
What's the best individual season you have ever seen from an Arsenal player?
1A and 1B are Henry ‘02-‘03 and ‘04-‘05. Close 2 is RVP ‘11-‘12 (and an argument could be made for it being the greatest given the teammate talent gap to the aforementioned 1A and 1B). Close 3 probably Invincible Henry.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil is not underrated. There are many flaws in his game. Many of us still criticising him today says a lot about him.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The chickens were always going to come home to roost once the assists dried up.

You look at his league stats and the 19 assist season it’s just a bit of a freak. Either side of it is pretty much mediocrity. The only difference is a few more of these corners and free kicks were headed in or Giroud scored a worldie off one of them. There has been no decline in the last five years really. I’m sure he’s lost motivation but there’s been no real visible decline on the pitch for me. It’s his fans that are looking at his numbers and saying he’s past it and that other things out of his control have caused it... but the reality is his he’s the same player.

The numbers were sacred for some reason, but people put far too much on them. That was always my argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom