• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A reality check would imply that he was sent somewhere worse than at Arsenal. But he transferred to Juventus, a bigger and better club than Arsenal.

Smoking in the showers didn't stop him from being one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Same with Guendouzi, being a bit edgy won't stop him from becoming a great footballer.

Huh?

It had nothing to do with the stature of football clubs.

He earned the move to Juve by bucking his ideas up during 2 years on loan at Roma. It’s not about going somewhere better it’s about moving out of your comfort zone where you face a different challenge as a player and person.

Moving to a new country, adapting to a new culture, and needing to justify your place over permanent squad members certainly helps but you can also do that from within if you work in your mentality.

Guendouzi got too big for his boots with all those commercial deals. If there’s anything to be learned from Szczesny it’s that it pays to nip that bullshit in the bud.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Coincidence we are playing so much better without him, and the midfield works more fluid and offers more protection to defenders? I don't think so... He is the weakest body in that midfield. He offers no protection and slows the game. Without him Xhaka looks better than whenever he plays along him. Just sell him and make some money. Use that money for real players.

I think individually Guendouzi is really good, which is why he thrived when our team was in complete chaos post Xhaka-Outburst. As a team player though which he needs to be in the midfield, he's still far from a finished article. At the moment he's not what Arsenal needs, nor is Arsenal what he probably needs to develop.

Which is a bit sad, because Arteta is an excellent coach and if Guen changed his mindset he could learn a lot from him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think individually Guendouzi is really good, which is why he thrived when our team was in complete chaos post Xhaka-Outburst. As a team player though which he needs to be in the midfield, he's still far from a finished article. At the moment he's not what Arsenal needs, nor is Arsenal what he probably needs to develop.

Which is a bit sad, because Arteta is an excellent coach and if Guen changed his mindset he could learn a lot from him.
I disagree... He is not a good player. Super hyped, if he were some near to cesc level at his age then it would be sad. He has no magic

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I disagree... He is not a good player. Super hyped, if he were some near to cesc level at his age then it would be sad. He has no magic

If he were anywhere near Cesc he would be a monster. Not what I'd consider a fair comparison. That said yeah, he's not so outstanding that it's the biggest loss either. We've had bigger.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Guendouzi got too big for his boots with all those commercial deals. If there’s anything to be learned from Szczesny it’s that it pays to nip that bullshit in the bud.
Would agree with this. I like Guendouzi and his cocky attitude But if he cannot use it correctly or is a distraction for the team or doesn’t follow orders Arteta is right to come down in him. He is still young so you can give him some leeway but if Arteta cannot see the changes he wants then he should be moved on this or next summer.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
But maybe Szesznsy being moved on was the reality check he needed to start taking things seriously... He was smoking in the showers ffs

Some people need a metaphorical slap across the face.

That smoking incident was after a match against Stoke where we lost right?

I always felt that was a sign that he suffered from anxiety. If that was the case, for a club run on family values, we sure threw him on the scrap pile fairly quickly.

But that's football though, clubs and fans generally don't care about what the players are going through or why a player is being a disruption off the pitch or on it.

Granted most of the time he want to leave or he's just a disrespectful piece of work. But they're also human.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I always felt that was a sign that he suffered from anxiety. If that was the case, for a club run on family values, we sure threw him on the scrap pile fairly quickly.

But that's football though, clubs and fans generally don't care about what the players are going through or why a player is being a disruption off the pitch or on it.

Granted most of the time he want to leave or he's just a disrespectful piece of work. But they're also human.

Think Wenger took his pastoral role of the players very seriously and don't think Szcez was any different.

Smoking in the showers is just out of order. Anxiety or not. It totally disrespects the other players who work very hard to be in peak condition and take their health very seriously.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Think it was Southampton away where we lost 2-0. I'm sure I remember him sitting in the goalmouth drinking from a water bottle seconds after Southampton scored.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
On his interview on Arsenal.com Szcz said he was wrong to do it, but that he waited until no one was in the shower and he went to the back of the shower (he felt horrible that his mistake made us lose to Southampton).

He also said that Arsène didn't see him, and that one of the players grassed him up...think we all know who that was...

David-Ospina-funny-640x400.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Guendouzi apparently won't back down as he feels justified on defending Leno after the Maupay challenge. Arteta wants an apology. Guendouzi won't even after counsel from David Luiz. Looks like he's off for a rumoured £36m. I hope we don't regret it. Id be happy if he apologised to Arteta for any disrespect shown yo him but stood by his actions. Too many of our plsyers fail to defend a team mate in trouble snd that would be a win-win.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Guendouzi apparently won't back down as he feels justified on defending Leno after the Maupay challenge. Arteta wants an apology. Guendouzi won't even after counsel from David Luiz. Looks like he's off for a rumoured £36m. I hope we don't regret it. Id be happy if he apologised to Arteta for any disrespect shown yo him but stood by his actions. Too many of our plsyers fail to defend a team mate in trouble snd that would be a win-win.
The manager is s teammate as well, showing respect to Leno but not to the manager is incongruity. That's just a kid crying for wanting to be right. 36 M would be great for a player without technical ability in a position which is key to have it. Use that money for a good CM

DasBootist

The manager is s teammate as well, showing respect to Leno but not to the manager is incongruity. That's just a kid crying for wanting to be right. 36 M would be great for a player without technical ability in a position which is key to have it. Use that money for a good CM
He has technical ability. It's everything else he needs to improve upon.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I disagree that the manager is a team mate and Guendouzi does have history with his behaviour. Aliadiere says its his attitude in training/off pitch that's the issue in which case, I back Arteta. He has to respect the manager's authority but I like his support of Leno too. I guess we're taking the money.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This sums it up nicely.

Honestly, he's miles off being a competent starter for us but he has a lot of potential, and I do like his spiky, ballsy character.

If he must leave, I hope it's for £40m+.

Even that seems a bit cheap but still a good profit made.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't dislike him but I really don't know what he offers the team or where he should play in the team.

He can't play the passes we have seen from Ceballos recently and he is always out of position defensively when playing deeper. He lacks the athleticism (like most arsenal mids) required also.

I don't think we will regret it if we take 35/40 million pound for him.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Minimum 45 min per game (only premier league matches)
Guendouzi 4 wins, 9 draws, 7 losses
Tierney 4 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses
Niles 4 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses
Torreira 3 wins, 10 draws, 4 losses
Ceballos 9 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses
Özil 5 wins, 9 draws, 4 losses
Xhaka 12 wins, 12 draws, 4 losses

Moleque

Minimum 45 min per game (only premier league matches)
Guendouzi 4 wins, 9 draws, 7 losses
Tierney 4 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses
Niles 4 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses
Torreira 3 wins, 10 draws, 4 losses
Ceballos 9 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses
Özil 5 wins, 9 draws, 4 losses
Xhaka 12 wins, 12 draws, 4 losses
What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom