• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Is it terrible that i'm not on the ESR train yet? Like I see positives signs in what he's doing on the pitch and i'm not writing him off obviously, but I can't say I've seen him do anything that made me think we have a potential star here. Glad to be proved wrong though.

I think the excitement is partly about the type of player he is. Because we are so lacking that in the squad, the chances of him being a contributor if he can stay fit are greater than in other positions.

Also, before he went on loan last season and had the injury problems, he was making a mockery of u23 football

Goonger

Looking forward to seeing how he has progressed after this loan spell and a pre season under Arteta.

Hopefully if we qualify for Europa League and with the league cup, we should have enough to keep him active enough in the first part of the season, maybe some minutes in the league as well if he keeps progressing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Starting vs Luton, kick off is at 6. This one I'm actually gonna watch - I've caught up with the compilations but haven't seen him live for a minute. Will be nice to see Chris Willock playing again aswell (if he's starting that is).

9jagooner

Starting vs Luton, kick off is at 6. This one I'm actually gonna watch - I've caught up with the compilations but haven't seen him live for a minute. Will be nice to see Chris Willock playing again aswell (if he's starting that is).
Willock is starting too.
Willock is one other player (like Reiss) who hasn't kicked off from their academy days. He did well at Benfica B scoring some fantastic goals and I have looked forward to him playing in England. Didn't do anything at Westbrom (only played for the youth team) and at Huddersfield, even though you see some flashes here and there, there's not much to reflect what I saw of him at academy levels (Arsenal, Benfica and WestBrom).
He does play for them "regularly" though so there must be something the manager sees in him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willock is starting too.
Willock is one other player (like Reiss) who hasn't kicked off from their academy days. He did well at Benfica B scoring some fantastic goals and I have looked forward to him playing in England. Didn't do anything at Westbrom (only played for the youth team) and at Huddersfield, even though you see some flashes here and there, there's not much to reflect what I saw of him at academy levels (Arsenal, Benfica and WestBrom).
He does play for them "regularly" though so there must be something the manager sees in him.
He's only beginning to get regular first team football at a decent level, I'd imagine once he acclimatises that will improve. Same with Nelson, he's not had much football over the course of the year, just needs to build momentum.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah that goal was terrible. It's a testament to him that he is even able to produce those moments in a team like this
I'm a bit surprised he's so high up the pitch, he's almost next to the CF - considering how much help Huddersfield need in the middle 3rd, I'd have had him way deeper and driving the play forward. As it is, he's really getting scraps because of how high up he is. I don't even think it's been an amazing performance from him but he's clearly their best player and the brightest spark on the team.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm a bit surprised he's so high up the pitch, he's almost next to the CF - considering how much help Huddersfield need in the middle 3rd, I'd have had him way deeper and driving the play forward. As it is, he's really getting scraps because of how high up he is. I don't even think it's been an amazing performance from him but he's clearly their best player and the brightest spark on the team.
They want him closest to where he can make the max impact perhaps. If I had a quality player in a sea of dross then I'd want him closest to the goal so that he could help create/convert the few chances we'd get.

Ciscoo

Just came off the bench to score a fantastic (probable) winner against West Brom!

Quality finish

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Huddersfield Town (@htafc) tweetede: 85' GOAL #htafc 2-1 #wba: What a finish from @emilesmithrowe!

He was slipped into the area excellently by @Lewis_OBrien98 and coolly slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

COME ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom