• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,442

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't understand the media they say we don't have money but then come with stupid stuff like this Willian could end up costing us more than 20m with agent fee and other stuff when it come to free agent not to mention the contract that could be around 200k. Not happening.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I don't understand the media they say we don't have money but then come with stupid stuff like this Willian could end up costing us more than 20m with agent fee and other stuff when it come to free agent not to mention the contract that could be around 200k. Not happening.
Amy Lawrence will report a £50m agent fee for Kia and the usual suspects will believe it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How can Arsenal fans even pretend we’re bigger than Chelsea? We get a finished cast off every other year from them, Benayoun, Cech, Luiz, Willian. They go and get our best talent when they like Cole, Cesc.

Embarrassment of a club. Ashamed right now.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think this is media nonsense. I cannot see us signing a £250 k a week player without Champions League football. If he had been available next Summer when we lose Özil's £350k off the books maybe but not this year.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How can Arsenal fans even pretend we’re bigger than Chelsea? We get a finished cast off every other year from them, Benayoun, Cech, Luiz, Willian. They go and get our best talent when they like Cole, Cesc.

Maybe it's nice just to stop doing business with them?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we sign this guy I'll be ****ing furious. Exactly what we don't need age profile wise, and on his last contract. Literally the scourge of our current predicament.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

They didn't get Cesc from us. And we sold them Giroud, I'd say the relationship now is that of exchanging players who aren't really going to improve each other significantly but would do a job for either team. Chelsea are offering Willian a 2 year deal, so only a one year wages difference in valuation.And like I said before Willian can do a job for us till Saka/Nelson mature a bit.
Also why does everyone think he's coming here to be a starter. Our starting front three would be:
Auba - Laca/Nketiah - Pepe
Or
Saka - Auba - Pepe
Willian will cover for Pepe/Saka.

Tom349

If we sign this guy I'll be ****ing furious. Exactly what we don't need age profile wise, and on his last contract. Literally the scourge of our current predicament.

Really?? Outside of Pepe the rest of our widemen are 20 or younger and are going to be afforded the opportunities to develop. It makes a lot more sense to get Willian to bridge the gap whilst the likes of Saka, Martinelli and Nelson develop then it does to go out and spend 50m on finding someone in all likelihood has less talent than those players.

Signing Luiz and Cech has literally nothing to do with our current predicament. Wasting millions on the likes of Musafi and Lacazette while not being able to sell the likes of Gnabry, Ramsey and Alexis for decent fees is why we are where we are. Cech and Luiz may have been poor signings but they haven't impacted our future.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The three year demand a big issue when 32 next month. On a one or two year deal makes good sense & would expect him to be one of our better players.

He is a well rounded player, hard worker & putting up 9g / 7a in the league. Being able to play right, left or central a big positive for our squad makeup as well.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
When did Willian become a £250k a week player? :lol: He wants £120k a week and a 3 year deal (not that I’d give him 3 years).

Then you have the usual suspects, the c**ts attacking female reporters for telling the truth and tell us that we are best in the world at doing transfers. Classic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When did Willian become a £250k a week player? :lol: He wants £120k a week and a 3 year deal (not that I’d give him 3 years).
Those are big wages and a big contract at his age though, doubt many in Europe are on a similar package at that age.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Those are big wages and a big contract at his age though, doubt many in Europe are on a similar package at that age.

I agree if it’s a three year contract. Having said that there’s probably loads of 32 year olds across the European leagues currently on £120k a week. Off the top of my head Barcelona probably have a handful.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
John Cross was the one who reported the 250k figure, that was what the club were willing to offer before the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom