• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malang Sarr

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Liverpool also bought very differently when they were out of the CL...

We need to put our focus on the starting 11 first. That is my opinion. I dont want squad players taking up wages first. Get the 2/3 players in who are going to improve your first team then if you can fill a few holes do that. But I wouldnt be saying let's sell Kolasinac for 5-10m just to bring in Sarr who nobody knows anything about on equally big wages because hes a free and probably big agent fee as well.

If he is incredibly talented then I'm all for it but nobody has indicated with any confidence that hes head and shoulders above Kolasinac. Who knows the league and while unspectacular, can do a job.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need to put our focus on the starting 11 first. That is my opinion. I dont want squad players taking up wages first. Get the 2/3 players in who are going to improve your first team then if you can fill a few holes do that. But I wouldnt be saying let's sell Kolasinac for 5-10m just to bring in Sarr who nobody knows anything about on equally big wages because hes a free and probably big agent fee as well.

If he is incredibly talented then I'm all for it but nobody has indicated with any confidence that hes head and shoulders above Kolasinac. Who knows the league and while unspectacular, can do a job.

No i do agree with you, but I think the quality of player willing to join atm might not be at the level we want.

I think this summer should be a Partey/Havertz kind of summer. Evaluate the CB situation in the winter window if need be.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No i do agree with you, but I think the quality of player willing to join atm might not be at the level we want.

I think this summer should be a Partey/Havertz kind of summer. Evaluate the CB situation in the winter window if need be.

Yeah but how good can Sarr be when he has been able to talk to other clubs since January and has no deal in place. That's my concern. Could we have someone already in the squad or a young player that can fill a back up position as he would likely be.

Who knows he could turn out to be a very astute signing. But I have my reservations. We already have squad dept in defence. What we need is ready made starting 11 players who are head and shoulders above what we have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah but how good can Sarr be when he has been able to talk to other clubs since January and has no deal in place. That's my concern. Could we have someone already in the squad or a young player that can fill a back up position as he would likely be.

Who knows he could turn out to be a very astute signing. But I have my reservations. We already have squad dept in defence. What we need is ready made starting 11 players who are head and shoulders above what we have.

Considering he is free and would probably have quite low wages I think it would be a good signing even if its from a resale standpoint.

However you are probably right, Newcastle style player.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Considering he is free and would probably have quite low wages I think it would be a good signing even if its from a resale standpoint.

However you are probably right, Newcastle style player.

Kolasinac was free and got put on a 100k a week contract. Free players do not represent cheap wages. As he is free he will always get bigget wages than actually signing a player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really want to play FM but I don't think I'd be able to stop myself transfer listing the entire squad

I have an Arsenal save in FM that I play from time to time. First season - sold Lacazette and Xhaka in the summer, Holding and Mustafi in winter. No buyers for Özil even though he's been transfer listed since the beginning of the season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Kolasinac was free and got put on a 100k a week contract. Free players do not represent cheap wages. As he is free he will always get bigget wages than actually signing a player.
Think most of that is structured as a signing bonus anyway. No one breaks their wage structure for free signings.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think most of that is structured as a signing bonus anyway. No one breaks their wage structure for free signings.

Nobody's saying about breaking wage structure but often wages are inflated on free signings. Clubs offer them bigger wages to get them over the line and to be the difference between say going to Arsenal and going to say Sp**s.

My main issue is, is he good enough to improve our team? Or has he huge potential. If he is on Chambers and Holding level forget about it. If he is better than them then get it done. However nobody is answering my question in regards to he is free and young and if he is so good why is he still without a club? Huge risk for a young lad.could fall down the stairs tomorrow smash his leg up and there wont be too many interest in paying someone for nothing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Nobody's saying about breaking wage structure but often wages are inflated on free signings. Clubs offer them bigger wages to get them over the line and to be the difference between say going to Arsenal and going to say Sp**s.

My main issue is, is he good enough to improve our team? Or has he huge potential. If he is on Chambers and Holding level forget about it. If he is better than them then get it done. However nobody is answering my question in regards to he is free and young and if he is so good why is he still without a club? Huge risk for a young lad.could fall down the stairs tomorrow smash his leg up and there wont be too many interest in paying someone for nothing.
He's waiting to see what his options are. Don't think he's a world class talent that the really biggest clubs would be after him and he's obviously taking his time till the end of the season to see which clubs are in for him before making a decision. Otherwise he'll end up with a Gueye like situation.

Tom349

Probably because you have no idea about player contracts as proven by your consistently **** posting in Saka thread.

Could be any number of reasons for him not signing elsewhere yet. He isn't the only free agents who hasn't declared where he is going yet.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Probably because you have no idea about player contracts as proven by your consistently **** posting in Saka thread.

Could be any number of reasons for him not signing elsewhere yet. He isn't the only free agents who hasn't declared where he is going yet.

I have no idea because I said he may develop better at another club. Catch yourself on.

The french league has been over for over 3 months. Plenty of time to organise and evaluate his options.

Do you know about him as a player? what are his strengths? Weaknesses? Who is he comparable with in the premier league. How many games have you seen of his?

Tom349

I have no idea because I said he may develop better at another club. Catch yourself on.

The french league has been over for over 3 months. Plenty of time to organise and evaluate his options.

Do you know about him as a player? what are his strengths? Weaknesses? Who is he comparable with in the premier league. How many games have you seen of his?

Its hilarious how you act like thats all you said when every time it was mentioned we were close to agreeing terms with Saka you would carry on about it still not being done. I could easily dig up the **** you posted, especially around the time when Luiz, Mari and Soares were announced and Saka hadn't been.

Good on the french league. Given Sarr is moving to another league I still fail to see why he needs to rush into a decision when other leagues are still going. For all you know Sarr could have been very close to making his decision prior to Covid 19 and the club which he was close to agreeing with might have pulled their offer or lessened it and now he is exploring other options. The reality is unless you're his family, friends or his agent you don't know what offers he is or isn't receiving. Him not making a decision as of yet isn't a way of judging his ability.

I followed him when he first broke through although he spent a lot of that time playing LB. Haven't followed him since Viera took over Nice. So not in the best position to judge. Personally the only way Im for his signing is if the plan is play three at the back often enough to justify having an undersized CB in the team. Not many defenders have 100 appearances under their belt at the age of 21 so thats something to hang his hat on. Style wise he is similar to Ake but I haven't watched him enough to speak on weaknesses.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well let's see what happens. If hes a squad player on about 40k a week I'm all for it providing hes half decent. Anything more no.

This club for too long has signed sub par players. Time to buy the very best we can attract and I'm sure Sarr isnt the best we can attract. We need first team starter who will go into the team in August. If not we will be back floating around 8th 9th again next season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we sign Sarr as I mentioned previously then it's not for the present when we have countless centre backs already at the club. It's for when a fair amount of them leave over the next 12 months. Luiz, Sokratis, not to mention Chambers and Holding. Mustafi also has 2 years left so he either renews or gets sold very soon.

We are going to have a lot of squad turnover one way or the other. So banking a player on a free means we can spend money elsewhere.

I'd say we will lose at least two centre backs this window.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sarr would definitely not be on big wages. He would be on reasonable wages. Probably half the amount that Kola is on, maybe even less.

It's not that he's a nobody. I haven't seen much of him this season. I saw a little bit, but he has mainly been used as a defensive left back. I saw him when he was hyped as a CB.

We need to put it in perspective. Zagadou, Konate and Upamecano are the most well known young French centre backs. Sarr is in the same under 21 squad, however he is used sparingly. I don't believe it's a quality issue. The other 3 play for much better and bigger teams, Nice are barely Europa league quality. They are also more visible. Upamecano, Konate and Zagadou have physical presence. They are all fast and strong and physically dominant. Sarr is slightly less strong, maybe a little faster and more agile. He is also weaker in the air, but not any weaker than kolasinac. He does have the advantage on passing through. He probably has the best distribution of them all. Easily better than kolasinac by a very long way in that regard, hed probably be one of the best passers we have from the back.

Another thing to consider is that all centre backs make mistakes. Sarr has played a lot of football, he is the most experienced of them all and one key thing is his body. Sarr seems to be an Auba type. Natural athlete. Very rarely goes to ground and reads the game well. He is impeccably conditioned.

Check out the injury records of all of them. Zagadou has ruptured a knee ligament, Upamecano has underlying knee problems, Konate has basically missed this season. Sarr has a completely clean record.

A free, left footed, low wage, hard working, physically refined, fast cb with good passing. I would be signing him + another cb while offloading those we don't need as he also covers left back.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sarr would definitely not be on big wages. He would be on reasonable wages. Probably half the amount that Kola is on, maybe even less.

It's not that he's a nobody. I haven't seen much of him this season. I saw a little bit, but he has mainly been used as a defensive left back. I saw him when he was hyped as a CB.

We need to put it in perspective. Zagadou, Konate and Upamecano are the most well known young French centre backs. Sarr is in the same under 21 squad, however he is used sparingly. I don't believe it's a quality issue. The other 3 play for much better and bigger teams, Nice are barely Europa league quality. They are also more visible. Upamecano, Konate and Zagadou have physical presence. They are all fast and strong and physically dominant. Sarr is slightly less strong, maybe a little faster and more agile. He is also weaker in the air, but not any weaker than kolasinac. He does have the advantage on passing through. He probably has the best distribution of them all. Easily better than kolasinac by a very long way in that regard, hed probably be one of the best passers we have from the back.

Another thing to consider is that all centre backs make mistakes. Sarr has played a lot of football, he is the most experienced of them all and one key thing is his body. Sarr seems to be an Auba type. Natural athlete. Very rarely goes to ground and reads the game well. He is impeccably conditioned.

Check out the injury records of all of them. Zagadou has ruptured a knee ligament, Upamecano has underlying knee problems, Konate has basically missed this season. Sarr has a completely clean record.

A free, left footed, low wage, hard working, physically refined, fast cb with good passing. I would be signing him + another cb while offloading those we don't need as he also covers left back.

Sarr would've been one of those signings Klopp would've made 2-3 years back when he was starting to build the team he wanted.

Really nothing you can say against this and as you said, his wages would not be astronomical.

Pretty sure, even if he wasn't to end up being a main stay at our club for 5 years+, he'd still fetch 20-40m on sale.

We need to start doing those, that Leipzig is in the mix also tells you all about it.
Impeccable business done by them.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Luiz, Saliba, Mari, probably Mustafi and Sarr.

Could live with that for one season, then Luiz goes out and we add a top defender whilst Saliba and Sarr have grown into their roles.

Mari and a completely renewed Mustafi as backups.

Think that's fine as long as you put serious money into fixes for midfield and ideally RB/LW/AM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom