• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Good performance, but like Xhaka, lack of athleticism showed when Sp**s started to go long and into the channels. Probably a higher ceiling than Xhaka, but you can only really have one in the side and be successful, as there's just no mobility. Another loan with an option would be very welcome, but not sure Real will be up for that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like him, shows for the ball constantly and can receive in higher pressure situations than Xhaka and is more agile and skillful to find a pass out of them.

Like others say, he needs some athleticism alongside him

Gunner-Union

Thought he was fine but we just don’t have any mids around him making runs and our wingers never hug the touchline or make wise runs.
partner him with partey and an am like grealish or even ESR and I think it would work but Christ do we need some changes

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Good performance, but like Xhaka, lack of athleticism showed when Sp**s started to go long and into the channels. Probably a higher ceiling than Xhaka, but you can only really have one in the side and be successful, as there's just no mobility. Another loan with an option would be very welcome, but not sure Real will be up for that.
I still struggle to understand what's expected of him. He controlled every game since the restart, was by far our best defender and the only source of creativity in our team. I would take that and wouldn't complain about athleticism at all. The player next to him should be athletic and complement his game, and yes, that player is not Xhaka

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
This is a big game for someone like Ceballos, I remember in the game at Emirates against Sp**s he came off the bench and it was the first time I really started to notice that he was hogging onto the ball too much, wasn't make enough forward passes, his cameo was very disappointing.

Now he has to really show he can hang in these big games, make his presence felt in midfield. If he replicates his last performance then it'll be very promising. But what I've seen with Ceballos is that he usually has one top performance followed by a few lackluster ones, hopefully this isn't the case and we're now seeing what he's all about.

Well...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I still struggle to understand what's expected of him. He controlled every game since the restart, was by far our best defender and the only source of creativity in our team. I would take that and wouldn't complain about athleticism at all. The player next to him should be athletic and complement his game, and yes, that player is not Xhaka

Creativity? We don't have any midfielders who create. Ceballos is another player who facilitates the ball down the sides just like Xhaka, he just makes it look easier on the eye.

In the league we don't have one midfielder who has created more than 1 big chance. That's includes Torreira, Willock, Özil, Ceballos, Xhaka and Ceballos. De Bruyne has 30. ESR has 4, Saka has 6.

The midfield can't create **** and Ceballos is a part of that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Creativity? We don't have any midfielders who create. Ceballos is another player who facilitates the ball down the sides just like Xhaka, he just makes it look easier on the eye.

In the league we don't have one midfielder who has created more than 1 big chance. That's includes Torreira, Willock, Özil, Ceballos, Xhaka and Ceballos. De Bruyne has 30. ESR has 4, Saka has 6.

The midfield can't create **** and Ceballos is a part of that.
I don't think De Bruyne would create half of these chances playing for Arsenal by playing instead of, let's say, Ceballos.
The first step is definitely getting some fluency to our game and only then we can fix the numbers. Half of our first eleven can't control the ball or pass it within 6 yards without ****ing their pants. Once we have the basics, only then can we talk about who can hit the right numbers. Right now, only Pepe and Ceballos can receive the ball and be completely comfortable that the ball is at their feet

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This was an all round display that has me changing my opinion on keeping him. It was nice to see a NF demanding the ball,driving forward,chasing back and trying to make something happen. His lack of pace can be compensated by being paired with a more compatible partner

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Without a doubt our best player since the PL restart, but still not sure if we should make it permanent

TinFish

Another year loan would be perfect. I feel he will improve even more if we give him more time. Would sign him permanently for below £20 million though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Breaking the lines more with his passing now.

Doing well in a midfield 2, but think he'd excel in a 3.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He was very good, admittedly. Getting better by the week. Still not sold on buying him, but let's see if another loan is possible.

Small sidenote, I do find it annoying that he sometimes plays an incredibly sloppy pass. I remember in the second half he won the ball near the touchline and then passed the ball out of bounds on a 4 mtr pass to Xhaka. Think it's exemplary for his nonchalance at times.

Minor point this game, though. He played well. Just wonder if anyone else notices this from him at times.

HBL

Established Member
Another loan with an option to buy would be the best move imo but he is playing well recently and I'm happy with his performances. Him and Xhaka were both good yesterday until Sp**s got the 2nd, after that the team just lost it completely. Not sure on Xhaka/Ceballos in the same midfield in the long term though, they're too similar and unless we add a lot of mobility around them I don't see it working.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Another loan with an option to buy would be the best move imo but he is playing well recently and I'm happy with his performances. Him and Xhaka were both good yesterday until Sp**s got the 2nd, after that the team just lost it completely. Not sure on Xhaka/Ceballos in the same midfield in the long term though, they're too similar and unless we add a lot of mobility around them I don't see it working.

I think it could work well if you add Partey to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom