• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,476

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He’s not getting £250k a week. This is one of those things where if it’s said enough it becomes fact when the reality is it’s bollocks. Every article has said he wants a 3 year deal with wages similar to what he’s on now (£120k a week). Only John Cross has said we were “prepared” to offer him £250k a week which is obviously bollocks.

Likely an inflated number given a signing on fee, but 120k for him for 3 years is still far too much,

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Benrahma is already a done deal for Chelsea?
Not seen those links, but no idea.
From what I've read he was doing a live stream and one of his friends said congrats on Chelsea which people are taking as it meaning it's pretty much a done deal.

I agree about Auba btw, but I think if Arteta had any intention of using him in his real position Nketiah wouldn't be starting right now. So I don't see the point in another LW, would rather bring in a targetman striker who can lay it off to one of the wide players.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
John Cross was the one who reported the 250k figure, that was what the club were willing to offer before the pandemic.

John Cross couldn't accurately report his own breakfast. Met him when I was press for an Arsenal kit launch a few years back. He seemed nice enough, but it was clear all the other established press thought he was a knob

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Ideally would see ESR and John-Jules there in the future, but it's certainly too soon for next season.

Though Benrahma could play behind the striker or is he only a LW ? You've seen him play regularly ?

Benrahma can play behind the striker but only if given a free role. If Brentford come up, they won't sell him without a kings ransom

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Willain at anything more than a year makes no sense strategically unless its for a max of two at a much lower than quoted wage. Pretty sure Arsenal links are just using Arsenal to drum up interest elsewhere

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Partey, Ben White and Benrahma - that's what I'd call a good window and it would be absolutely doable - you'd even be able to get a talented new RB in with it.

Just selling or swapping Guen, Laca, Bellerin and some unwanted CBs should do the trick without spending a lot

Thats an awful window. No playmaker, another unproven CB, a winger we don't need.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Anyone remember the days when all of the old washed up United players went to Aston Villa? Yorke, Schmeichel, Tom Cleverley etc.

Are we trying to become Chelsea's retirement home? Cech, Luiz and now Willian?

I'd rather play Smith-Rowe

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We don't need a playmaker. The creativity can come from the fullbacks and through moving the ball fast to the front 3 like what Liverpool do.

I don't know if it's really possibly to imitate what Liverpool do. Andy Robertson is a freak, and they essentially have a mini David Beckham playing at RB. They're also excellent pressers, and that's never been Arsenal's strength. So I still think we need a playmaker, whether it's a CAM or a playmaking winger.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don't know if it's really possibly to imitate what Liverpool do. Andy Robertson is a freak, and they essentially have a mini David Beckham playing at RB. They're also excellent pressers, and that's never been Arsenal's strength. So I still think we need a playmaker, whether it's a CAM or a playmaking winger.
We don't need to replicate their way to a league and cl winning level, just get into top four next season and then look for an attacking midfielder

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We don't need to replicate their way to a league and cl winning level, just get into top four next season and then look for an attacking midfielder

But how do you imitate them? You can't just magically turn Bellerin or Cedric into TAA. Like watch Liverpool play, TAA's constant deliveries into the box are unreal, literally Beckham-esque.

I just don't think mimicking Liverpool is the way to go. Let them do their thing, we do our own thing.

Also top 4 next season is a stretch. I'd say Arteta needs two summers to get this team challenging for top 4.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We don't need a playmaker. The creativity can come from the fullbacks and through moving the ball fast to the front 3 like what Liverpool do.
AmpleDapperDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
First he`ll beat us in the final and then he`ll come here for a last big payday. Seriously though I think he could be a very good signing but if it takes a three year deal on big wages we should stay clear. Two year deal or ideally 1+1 with 150K or something is reasonable but unlikely to happen, if that`s that he`s after he could just stay at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom