• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How about bellerin in wenger’s era?
It seems you all forget how good he can be.

For now, maybe it’s injury, maybe it’s form/fitness, that he is not performing as good as he is capable of.

But he is still young. And especially when we have seen how great he can be at his highest level, why not give him a bit more time to see if he can get back to that standard?

If time is given and he fails, then it’s fair to get rid. But I don’t think now is the time to do that.

Bellerin was never a particularly great passer And didn’t make up for it by being a great defender either. He’d just play a lot of give and goes and was very quick off the mark. The interest in Cedric is because his ability on the ball allows him to compensate for our lack of a 3rd midfielder. His two footedness makes it harder for opponents shut down passing lanes and force him to play back to the CB (as is often Bellerin’s only choice).

Whether or not this means he’s a better player we have yet to see

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah he burst onto the scene and was pretty good for his first two season before his flaws became increasingly obvious. Made countless mistakes defensively, couldn't cross the ball particularly well so his attacking contribution was limited.

I'd say his performances under Emery in 2018 were better than his last couple of seasons under Wenger tbh.

Agree. His passing improved a lot under Emery, but he really hasn't re-found that yet

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah he looked immense under Emery before his injury.
I wonder how Emery’s season would have went if he had fullbacks (he had no Bellerin or Kola/Tierney initially) but atleast Saka got the chance.

From the little I’ve seen and I actually didn’t see this coming cause it looked like a bs signing, I also think Cédric will take Bellerin’s place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In top 6 team he'll make a very decent back if we had a RB who is superior but wd don't have

Ashybashy86

One goal against the worst team in the league, and a cross to Auba and I thought he was better than Bellerin. :facepalm: That's how desperately I wanted Bellerin benched.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

A weird signing.

I think he will end up pushing Bellerin for a place after more games under his belt though.

The bar is kinda low for that position atm.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This forum is more toxic with every day, if you are not Cafu then you are completely garbage. The man has 3 no full matches come on! He was injured, the pandemic break and playing against Mane is hard... Mane is one of the better players at 1vs1 in the world... And suddenly you wanted him to be Cafu and Zanetti combined... Some people here is disgraceful

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I dont think wing back suits him, his thing is defending not so much breaking forward to provide an extra man.
Not what Arteta says.

"He's a different quality in the full-back area than what we have," Arteta said.

"He's a gifted, technical player and is probably the best we have in the final third to make the right decision and attack the box as well

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-what-cedric-adds-team

From the little I’ve seen, he does seem a bit better than Bellerin in this regard. We barely attacked against Pool so nobody looked great going forward.

Reactions: Jae
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom