• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Anything below 30m is a snip. No transition time needed and a young Spanish International. We shluld 100% get this done if the rumoured price is true and Ceballos is committed.

We still need some star power in miffirld now Özil is finished, but Torreria, Xhaka, Ceballos, AMN and Willock are good option. Add in a Partey or a n other midfielder noticeably better than our current options, it is a great move securing Ceballos.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
If he keeps up the performances the quoted price is a steal tbh, loan with an obligation to buy would be even better since we can focus on other more pressing needs this summer.

Hopefully he has given up on the Madrid dream.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I''m all for this. 22m is a snip for a player like him. Unless we're getting in Auoar, I'd like to keep Ceballos. His latest performances makes me think with better partners in Partey and others he might progress into a huge asset.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
For me it's Xhaka OR Ceballos in the team.
Agree, their profile is too similar. Mostly in terms of their similar ability to cover (limited) parts of the pitch and to help with build-up while not really providing key-passes or goal threat.

I think Ceballos is slightly better defensively, while Xhaka contributes more in terms of passing range.

Honestly, if we are to get Partey, I could live with losing both of them. I'd rather have a more mobile and physical player in the '8' role.

However, if we were to keep one of them, I'd vote Ceballos. Mostly because I'm jaded by all Xhaka's mistakes in the past and his inability to play out from under pressure. Ceballos would be better at that I imagine.

Could probably sell Xhaka for around €30m and then get Ceballos for €20-25m would be decent.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree, their profile is too similar. Mostly in terms of their similar ability to cover (limited) parts of the pitch and to help with build-up while not really providing key-passes or goal threat.

I think Ceballos is slightly better defensively, while Xhaka contributes more in terms of passing range.

Honestly, if we are to get Partey, I could live with losing both of them. I'd rather have a more mobile and physical player in the '8' role.

However, if we were to keep one of them, I'd vote Ceballos. Mostly because I'm jaded by all Xhaka's mistakes in the past and his inability to play out from under pressure. Ceballos would be better at that I imagine.

Could probably sell Xhaka for around €30m and then get Ceballos for €20-25m would be decent.

Or you could sell Xhaka and buy a player better than both of them.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If Arteta's intent is to use a Pep-style approach, and I think it is, then the clear way to go is to get a proper physical ball-winning defensive midfielder (Fernandinho), a creative central midfielder who contributes to the press (Kevin De Bruyne), and another creative playmaker who can also play as an 8 (David Silva).

Xhaka doesn't fit any of these roles. Ceballos does, as shown by his work rate in the previous couple of games he could be used in the De Bruyne role - though he's obviously not nearly as creative. Then you'd have to bring in a DM and another CM. An overhaul of the midfield is going to be needed. Selling Xhaka is probably a good idea in this regard.

If Xhaka is kept, then we're looking at a 2-1 (double pivot + attacking midfielder) situation in the midfield instead of a 1-2 (single pivot + two creative midfielders). In which case someone like Ceballos doesn't fit either role. You need a physical two-way midfielder next to Xhaka, and a creative attacking midfielder ahead of them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've said many times that Ceballos offers something different that we dont have elsewhere. He's young, talented and improving under Arteta, a price of £22m should be jumped at. Sell Xhaka & bring in Partey to give us Ceballos, Partey, Wilcock & Torreira. I'm not even including Özil. AMN can be sold.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Anything below 30m is a snip. No transition time needed and a young Spanish International. We shluld 100% get this done if the rumoured price is true and Ceballos is committed.

We still need some star power in miffirld now Özil is finished, but Torreria, Xhaka, Ceballos, AMN and Willock are good option. Add in a Partey or a n other midfielder noticeably better than our current options, it is a great move securing Ceballos.

1000000%. I'm sold on him and he's going to thrive under Arteta. Signing him would be massive considering the **** show we are in right now.

sykesy69

I wouldn't pay anything I've got in my wallet for him, I just don't see how he improves us at all.

Not for the first time tonight, he turns past a player going towards goal, takes 3 steps and the defender is back on him and he turns back looking for an easy pass, just doesn't really take our play forward. His passing isn't snappy enough, I just don't see what everyone else sees in him.

Naby Keita came on and was moving through our non-physical/agile/brittle midfield with ease. We're in dire need of more physical midfielders who have the ability to carry the ball forward.

Hope we ain't wasting money on powder puff players like this, I'm sick of getting slapped around like step children.

Dutch D

Or you could sell Xhaka and buy a player better than both of them.
Yeah that's why I said I could live with selling Xhaka and not signing Ceballos if we get Partey (or a player fulfilling a similar role). If Arteta is determined to keep one of them, Ceballos is recently showing some bright performances.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah that's why I said I could live with selling Xhaka and not signing Ceballos if we get Partey (or a player fulfilling a similar role). If Arteta is determined to keep one of them, Ceballos is recently showing some bright performances.

And then Partey gets injured in the first game of the season and we're royally ****ed.

Edit: Also in that scenario we would have a serious lack of midfielders.

Nom de Plume

Agreed.
Though, most likely AMN is off

Dutch D

And then Partey gets injured in the first game of the season and we're royally ****ed.
Any team is screwed when their key-player in a line is seriously injured.

At the same time I believe Willock is more than ready to be a back-up to Partey and could do really well. He is ready for more gametime.

I'd rather keep ESR, AMN and Willock around as extra bodies in midfield than Xhaka and Ceballos on loan.

Edit: Also in that scenario we would have a serious lack of midfielders.
Not true. The scenario I'm describing is Xhaka&Ceballos out - Partey in.

That leaves Torreira, AMN, Willock, ESR, Saka, Partey. 7 bodies. I would like to add another creative 8 in that case, but hardly 'seriously short'.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Any team is screwed when their key-player in a line is seriously injured.

At the same time I believe Willock is more than ready to be a back-up to Partey and could do really well. He is ready for more gametime.

I'd rather keep ESR, AMN and Willock around as extra bodies in midfield than Xhaka and Ceballos on loan.

Not true. The scenario I'm describing is Xhaka&Ceballos out - Partey in.

That leaves Torreira, AMN, Willock, ESR, Saka, Partey. 7 bodies. I would like to add another creative 8 in that case, but hardly 'seriously short'.

We need Xhaka or Ceballos for the link between defence to attack.

Partey/Torreira
Xhaka/Ceballos
New signing/Willock

Is the ideal scenario.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't pay anything I've got in my wallet for him, I just don't see how he improves us at all.

Not for the first time tonight, he turns past a player going towards goal, takes 3 steps and the defender is back on him and he turns back looking for an easy pass, just doesn't really take our play forward. His passing isn't snappy enough, I just don't see what everyone else sees in him.

Naby Keita came on and was moving through our non-physical/agile/brittle midfield with ease. We're in dire need of more physical midfielders who have the ability to carry the ball forward.

Hope we ain't wasting money on powder puff players like this, I'm sick of getting slapped around like step children.

Agreed. People are ignoring the fact that he plays for 55 mins and then disappears when he starts. He came on last night and offered nothing. He had the opportunity to play Auba in and didn't. If people hadn't noticed he has a big mouth and is basically Özil like on social media. Do not get carried away with his technical ability just because he stands out. He stands out because you are comparing him with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi. Its not hard ffs.

The money it would cost to buy Ceballos, we could literally sell Guendouzi and use the funds to bring in 2 midfielders who can do what we actually need.

Dutch D

We need Xhaka or Ceballos for the link between defence to attack.

Partey/Torreira
Xhaka/Ceballos
New signing/Willock

Is the ideal scenario.
Disagree, Partey is not a 6. That unnecessarily limits him. With current players + Partey I'd categorize them as follows:

Torreira/Maitland-Niles
Partey/Willock/Ceballos (b2b) - Saka/ESR/Xhaka (creative)​

Xhaka to me is a DLP, so more 'creative' as he lacks mobility and defensive ability to be a proper 6 or '8'. Ceballos lacks creative output to be a 'creative 8' and is indeed more the link-player, but lacks mobility for me, which is why I prefer an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom