• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sell him. Will fetch a decent fee. Played okay last night, but the result masked that Liverpool ran riot on us.
Not on Holding, though. Hardly put a foot wrong aside from an ill-judged (and executed) dribble in the first half.

He did very well against Mané, one of the best LW's in the world.

I'm also on the 'sell him' side, but if anything this performance should keep us evaluating his value (both in the market and the squad).

I'd get rid of Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers ánd Luiz ahead of Holding. Still, we need a quality CB and he's a sellable asset, so I still think we should sacrifice him for a top CB. Hopefully this performance has at least increased his value. If he stays and we get a top CB in through other means I would also be happy with that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What's wrong with Chambers ? Wasn't he one of the only ones putting in decent performances before his injury ?

Nobody's gonna buy him injured anyway.
I know, just describing the pecking order.

Chambers has never shown anything that makes me think he could be starting for a top4 side. His performances pre-injury were overhyped on this forum for me, he was decent only because the bar was incredibly low. No stand-out attributes. Mediocre player that needs to be shifted if we're ambitious.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

My only beef with Chambers is his injury record. Otherwise I think he’s alright as an option.

Holding I have similar thoughts. I think they have more to offer than our senior cbs but if they were to be sold I wouldn’t lose sleep.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Think some might disagree but I thought he was decent tonight, for soem reason everynoe is slating his passing which I thought was actually fairly good. Loved the little chipped balls forward out of defence when Vilal tried to pressure us early in the first half. Maybe wasted 1 or 2 balls and missed Cedric's run once. But at least he was fkin trying something and getting the ball forward. Watching so many useless sideways and backwards passing, when he doesnt immediately spot a run and pass everoyne slates him, if tries to make a very difficult pass that puts someone through and it doesnt come off every slates him. I think everyone if hypocritical of him atm.

He cleared some very dangerous balls, one especially dangerous low cross that everyone else acted like a headless chicken for. Got stuck with Sead and jsut about managed to hold the defence together.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surely this guy is worse than Mustafi?

This guy has not improved one bit since coming here.

He can't defend and can't pass. He's only half decent in the air

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’ll leave us and play for a Burnley type team where they cover for his horrible passing and lack of pace.

Must go in the next window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He'll be getting praise from the media and lazy calls that we shouldn't have sold him when in a couple of years he's playing really well for Palace or whoever it is. There's obviously a decent PL defender in there, but we can't be waiting around for him. Should listen to offers or try to use him in a swap or player + cash deal.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He’ll leave us and play for a Burnley type team where they cover for his horrible passing and lack of pace.

Must go in the next window.
Do Burnley play with 3 CBs at the back?
The guy is useless in the formations with 2 CBs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How do we keep finding the only soft English centre backs these day?

Most of them are crap, but at least they will throw themselves at a ball...meanwhile Arsenal have these two...

chambers.jpg

...acting like Jedward at every chance.
We signed them young to be fair injures hurt thier development too

Pop Tart

Established Member
How do we keep finding the only soft English centre backs these day?

Most of them are crap, but at least they will throw themselves at a ball...meanwhile Arsenal have these two...

chambers.jpg

...acting like Jedward at every chance.
Deadwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom