• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
15/16: Arsenal finish 2nd

25th May 2016, Arsenal sign Xhaka

16/17: Arsenal finish 5th, first time finishing outside the top 4 under Wenger.

17/18: Arsenal finish 6th

18/19: Arsenal finish 5th

19/20: Arsenal sit 9th with 2 games to go

Interesting.

Coincided with a massive squad overhaul but at same time you have to say Xhaka just doesn't make the team tick, or play with the same intensity, in that role compared to those that came before him.

GoonerJay24

Arteta was stat padding in that position by always picking the safe passes, either backwards or sideways. It was also a position he wasn't supposed to be in and got bullied easily by more physically dominant midfielders, so he made the most out of a rotten deal.

Xhaka was spraying diagonals early in the first two seasons here, but eventually started to do the same as Arteta.
Overall, I feel like Xhaka, who can be a real knucklehead at times, provides a bit more in that position.

This is nonsense, Arteta dominated almost every opponent in that role especially in big matches

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
And yet our midfield is poverty?

It looks that way because it’s a two man midfield at the moment that comes up against 3 or more players in midfield. We’re more or less playing through the wings. Xhaka and Ceballos are both very good but we don’t have the third midfielder to complement them.

Jae

Xhaka is better than Arteta now? :lol:

The biggest problem I have with Xhaka is that he doesn't show for the ball enough, it's made even more obvious by the fact he's now playing alongside Ceballos who (despite all his faults) always wants to be involved.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka is better than Arteta now? :lol:

The biggest problem I have with Xhaka is that he doesn't show for the ball enough, it's made even more obvious by the fact he's now playing alongside Ceballos who (despite all his faults) always wants to be involved.
He doesn't show because he knows he can't work it when he hasn't got all day. I'd say he was a total coward, but at least he knows his limits. Technically, he's probably the worst first team midfielder I've ever seen at the club.

Reactions: Jae

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Go and cry in Torreira thread ffs, what do you know of football.

Torreira and what was that name, Guendouzi fans bashing Xhaka, funny.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
He doesn't show because he knows he can't work it when he hasn't got all day. I'd say he was a total coward, but at least he knows his limits. Technically, he's probably the worst first team midfielder I've ever seen at the club.

How far back do you go? I suppose those on here in mid 20's grew up on likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Fabregas etc. Top tier talent.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

How far back do you go? I suppose those on here in mid 20's grew up on likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Fabregas etc. Top tier talent.

Nice avatar of Xhaka, if it was supposed to make him look bad, you failed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom