• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Was listening to the Football Daily podcast with Emma Sanders, Chris Sutton and John Murray. Boy, they did not want to give us much credit. All the talk was about that Sterling didn’t get the penalty and how poor Man City were.

That we had the much better chances wasn’t even mentioned.

Praising Arsenal seems to come so hard to many pundits. It is through gritted teeth every time.

Chris Sutton is a ****.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was listening to the Football Daily podcast with Emma Sanders, Chris Sutton and John Murray. Boy, they did not want to give us much credit. All the talk was about that Sterling didn’t get the penalty and how poor Man City were.

That we had the much better chances wasn’t even mentioned.

Praising Arsenal seems to come so hard to many pundits. It is through gritted teeth every time.
That Sterling incident was never a penalty. Although Mustafi going to ground must have upset Arteta because it's rumoured he's been working hard on that with him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is what Arteta is doing to people. :eek:

EdSMLIHXkAAFPkw

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Have to say I was impressed in how disciplined the players were when tracking runs and timing their tackles. I think even a few weeks ago we were inclined to drag a defender at the wrong time, or stick in a leg to try and do anything more in hope than actual belief we would win the ball. Several times we could have given away a stupid foul in dangerous positions like we used to, instead we we didn't dive in and let the system do its job of closing the gaps.

ChefMan21

Thought I’d sign up after last nights events...

Looking back, as bad as the result was, the loss to Brighton was a blessing.

After that defeat you can tell that Mikel gave those players a good kick up the backside.

Enough was enough, he knew a change of approach was needed, he sensed three at the back was the way to go, and bingo our form has picked up.

Sp**s performance aside, that’s now four clean sheets since the Brighton defeat, plus wins over Sheffield Utd and Liverpool.

We are seeing what Mikel Arteta wants to implement, to school Klopp and Guardiola in a week, shows signs that we have a manager who knows what he’s doing.

Back him with defensive reinforcements, then maybe, just maybe a Arsenal resurgence might be on the cards.
Welcome :)

I think it will need to be more than that, although I think you're right:
  1. defensive reinforcements, but also general reinforcements across the squad. Hard to sustain that for a full season.
  2. A pre-season with a better focus on fitness and defence
  3. A pre-season without distractions like the Kos debacle.
I think if we can do only one thing before next season, it would be to get our defence consistently right. It would help with those 50/50 games, games which we should've won or drew, etc. Probably 20-25 points there in doing that, which is basically Champions League.

nick gould

If we'd beaten Leicester and Sp**s, we would have had 58 points by now and Leicester would have been on 59 points. Chelsea still has to play wolves and Liverpool.

Leicester still has to play man utd and Sp**s.

I'm fairly confident we would have gotten one of the spots
We are in this position because of the board. They are so indecisive. Unai overstayed by maybe 4 to 5 matches. After sacking him we put an interim manager for too many games. Imagine if Arteta had an extra 10 Premier league matches. We could have managed an extra 10 points quite easily.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Pete Cech was a mistake, he was actually bad for us we just let it slide because of his name.
People used to joke that Cech was a Chelsea agent. It was actually true to an extent. The dude never gave a **** about Arsenal. He saw Arsenal as a nice and stable day job that helped him stay in London and earn a lot. The fact that the ****er negotiated a role with Chelsea before we were going to face them in a cup final shows his lack of professionalism. Or to be clear, he was a ****ing agent indeed. Now looking at Martinez, it angers me even more that we were sending him on loan to keep the helmet ****er starting for us.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We have nothing to be proud of winning like a mourinho’s side. We should be the one who is dominating games.

Today we just win because our opponent is lacking a bit of sharpness, we have more desire and a bit of luck. In terms of football ability we are far behind this city team.

Shame to win football game this way, it’s a ****ing disgrace. We should work on our transfers, rebuild our identity that we play the most beautiful football in the world.

We should win because we are the better football team, not by better desire, not by luck, and not by parking the bus.
Oh my god, shut up.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
People used to joke that Cech was a Chelsea agent. It was actually true to an extent. The dude never gave a **** about Arsenal. He saw Arsenal as a nice and stable day job that helped him stay in London and earn a lot. The fact that the ****er negotiated a role with Chelsea before we were going to face them in a cup final shows his lack of professionalism. Or to be clear, he was a ****ing agent indeed. Now looking at Martinez, it angers me even more that we were sending him on loan to keep the helmet ****er starting for us.
And to make things vomit-inducing, he was the only signing that summer. Wenger was seriously drunk in the last few years.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember his debut against West Ham.

Reece Oxford destroyed us in midfield.

GCH26

Welcome :)

I think it will need to be more than that, although I think you're right:
  1. defensive reinforcements, but also general reinforcements across the squad. Hard to sustain that for a full season.
  2. A pre-season with a better focus on fitness and defence
  3. A pre-season without distractions like the Kos debacle.
I think if we can do only one thing before next season, it would be to get our defence consistently right. It would help with those 50/50 games, games which we should've won or drew, etc. Probably 20-25 points there in doing that, which is basically Champions League.

Most definitely but of course defence is the place we need to start. We know what we have going forward, although the Auba contract situation needs sorting ASAP. The midfield definitely needs a little revamp, Guendouzi will be off, Torreira is a weird one, I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves but hopefully Ceballos stays on. Özil might finally ****ing leave, I know Coutinho has been mentioned but not sure where he fits, especially if we stick with 3-4-3. A defensive midfielder is a must, but we’ve been crying out for one for years and years. If we can get Thomas Partey through the door that would be a statement signing.

Fitness will be a huge key over the summer, and focusing on the defence is also a must. What Arteta has managed to do though, with the defence over the past few weeks is a big positive, imagine what he can do with them over the summer months. Arteta has a clear defensive structure in place, his defensive organisation is clear for all to see, we are far from perfect, defenders will still make mistakes now and again, we desperately need reinforcements in that area, but since the Brighton game we’ve seen vast improvements, and like you said yourself, if we see well structured performances on a consistent basis, then maybe, just maybe we can be in and around the top 4 again.

Malky

Established Member
Absolute disaster of a signing. On top of that we actually let Szczesny leave in favor of the helmet wearing tit. He's up there with some of the worst keepers we've ever had, right up there! Cech was finished before we signed him and was still a Chelsea player at heart right through his time here. One of Wengers biggest mistakes.

progman07

Established Member
I see a lot of people calling Petr Cech names here. Let's be clear - the players are employees of the Club, if a player is stealing a living then it's on the management. Certainly it was a huge mistake to let Szczesny go and replace him with Cech, it was obvious back then, and it was an even bigger mistake not to build on Özil-Sanchez, but save Cech (a model professional) from the personal criticism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom