• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The assist was lovely but I had my heart in my mouth when he headed back to Tierney in the build up to our second. He showed up a bit more and has the stats to back that up, but I'd like to see even more from him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s not affecting games enough but he’s got decent numbers... hmmm. As long as he does a defensive shift and makes himself available in the areas where he can make a difference, he’ll continue to contribute. You want more though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We had just under 30% possession against City and the few times he did get the ball he made it count.

That’s a nitpick imo, our attack has been just as brilliant as our defence this week and I’m seeing a lot of “he was good but”.

Our attack is good, I feel in general they are held to unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Anytime I watch him, it feels like he is playing at 10% of his level.

He should be playing more centrally, connecting defense and attack, because the power and technique he can play with is word class. Sometimes he runs through players like it's a training match, but then he disappears for 10 minutes. FFS he scored 2 free kicks in a game, how many footballers have done that in their career? He has the shooting skills of Robben, yet we rarely see him take those chances.

When he finds his confidence / motivation to affect games and lead the team he can be the best attacker in the league. But for that, he needs a very good psychologist, because currently he is nowhere near that mentally.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Seems as equally capable of tripping over his feet and giving the ball away leading to an opposition breakaway as he is of going on a mazy dribble and curling one into the top corner*

Hoping for big things from this fella.

*(a shot not a poo)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anytime I watch him, it feels like he is playing at 10% of his level.

He should be playing more centrally, connecting defense and attack, because the power and technique he can play with is word class. Sometimes he runs through players like it's a training match, but then he disappears for 10 minutes. FFS he scored 2 free kicks in a game, how many footballers have done that in their career? He has the shooting skills of Robben, yet we rarely see him take those chances.

When he finds his confidence / motivation to affect games and lead the team he can be the best attacker in the league. But for that, he needs a very good psychologist, because currently he is nowhere near that mentally.
It's my biggest worry for him. Some players don't want it enough and I hope he isn't one of them.

Having said that I've only recently learnt how much the intangibles affect a players performance. Some come in and perform straight away but many need to feel comfortable with their fans, teammates, the language and the country before they can start showing their skills.

Big second season ahead.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's my biggest worry for him. Some players don't want it enough and I hope he isn't one of them.

Having said that I've only recently learnt how much the intangibles affect a players performance. Some come in and perform straight away but many need to feel comfortable with their fans, teammates, the language and the country before they can start showing their skills.

Big second season ahead.

Thing is I have seen some games where he has that big **** energy, like he's the best on the pitch, West Ham and United spring to mind, Liverpool away as well, you just felt he had that swag in that game where he he knew he could beat anyone.

Some games he plays like he's an insecure teen, but I think it's the consistency he needs.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He's probably digesting a lot of input from Arteta currently, especially on the tactical side of things.

As we know Pepe has been a late bloomer and even started out as a goalkeeper. You can see he's not as good tactical yet, which is a massive performance killer as he's simply not using his outlandish talents to its best use as of yet.

Will just be a matter of time.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not just based on tonight, but for me this is the worst signing overall. He looks like he's going to fall over any second with his questionable technique, and has done nothing of note.

Walcott was a better option as RW.
Doesn’t have the hunger, awful body language.

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Pop Tart

Established Member
He as I said a million times is all pace and little else. He has had what the city cup game.,man u win and 10 mins vs west ham, when he showed something. He has stunk the place out in other games

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Feels like he got instructions not to take players on and pass the ball instead. Either that or his confidence was shot again by being on the bench.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I was very much against signing Zaha for all that money, but Emery was probably right on that one. What a huge disappontment.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No one I don't think, not sure anyone agrees with the price paid, most want to see more, most are just patient, especially me. I love this guy.

Well I can't predict the future I can only comment on what I see and he stinks for what he's shown this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom