• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Meh, never bothered me. We were the better side in both games.

Kinda feels like we're owed a victory against them because the defeat the Emirates as tough to take and obviously with 10 men for the majority of the game a win was always gonna be hard at the Bridge. I think us playing so well especially at the Emirates makes it even more annoying that we ended up losing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Chelsea finish top 4 then this will be a free hit for them. Just a bonus. Like last years EL.

However for us this is everything. A must win to get EL and the extra £.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
However for us this is everything. A must win to get EL and the extra £.
Winning the FA Cup is Arteta telling Stan:
VelvetyIllHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You could say the same about the final in 2017, which which turned out differently...looking forward to this match.

Chelsea won the league and were in CL for the following year. We were in EL.

This is significantly different. According to all sources we need EL football. Without it apparently it's going to make transfers significantly harder.

It's a must win for us whereas Chelsea it isnt. It's a trophy they want to win but it wont affect them at all if they dont win it.

However if we dont win it it's no European football. The stakes are huge.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea won the league and were in CL for the following year. We were in EL.

This is significantly different. According to all sources we need EL football. Without it apparently it's going to make transfers significantly harder.

It's a must win for us whereas Chelsea it isnt. It's a trophy they want to win but it wont affect them at all if they dont win it.

However if we dont win it it's no European football. The stakes are huge.

The players won’t be giving a **** about transfer budgets, they’ll be thinking if we win this the wage cut will be reduced. If anything you can say that’s a bigger incentive than playing with nothing at stake. On the flip side they’d have been paid more had they beat Chelsea in the EL final last year, so **** knows.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
That worked once in a blue moon. Most of the time we would concede while having most of the possession and as the time went on, we'd go in their own box to force a goal only to be caught on the counter again.
It happened all the time since we moved to the Emirates.

I think the 2017 FA cup final puts all those tropes to rest.

Tir Na Nog

was bought as a backup. RVP then left.

We also tried Podolski as the CF initially, maybe Wenger thought because he was a forward who was a cross between a winger/second striker who could smash them with his left foot that he could just turn him into RvP 2.0, sadly didn't work out like that. :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The players won’t be giving a **** about transfer budgets, they’ll be thinking if we win this the wage cut will be reduced. If anything you can say that’s a bigger incentive than playing with nothing at stake. On the flip side they’d have been paid more had they beat Chelsea in the EL final last year, so **** knows.

My worry is the stakes are a lot more for us exactly like last season in the EL. We arent getting 7th so this is our only shot.

And let's be honest a few days ago we would take a final game against Chelsea and needing to win the play in Europe next year.

Arteta and the club are stressing the importance of EL football so it clearly is needed to help us sign a few players. Let's hope we can get a result.

Time to wrap Auba up in cotton wool until the final.

kash2

We also tried Podolski as the CF initially, maybe Wenger thought because he was a forward who was a cross between a winger/second striker who could smash them with his left foot that he could just turn him into RvP 2.0, sadly didn't work out like that. :lol:

Wenger always had a soft spot for a sweet left foot.

kash2

So, a final is your answer to 10 years of the same ol' same ol'? :lol:

i think you are answering an imaginary comment. I understand that tropes need tropemakers and tropespreaders, and there must be people who fulfil that function. My comment was in no way a slur directed pointedly at such people. It was just a statement of fact.

Tir Na Nog

I think even Pep understands Arteta is his own man and the constant comparisons to Pep and how he's his student or whatever need to stop, same with Wenger.

People don't still go around talking about Pep in relation to Cruyff, I mean some still bring it up and some certainly emphasised it when he first got into management but people quickly learned Pep was his own man with his own ideas.

Pep saying "maybe we learned from him" is effectively his way of saying that Arteta has his own philosophy, his own tactics, his own style of management. He's not being 100% literal, tho I'm sure Arteta gave his input. He's basically telling the world that he shouldn't be limited to being seen as a guy who's just learnt all he knows from sitting beside Pep the whole time.

Fair play to Pep, because we all know he isn't the best loser. Even in his praise for Luiz after the game after initially praising him prior to it. He was willing to accept that Luiz put in a top defensive display against his team. Maybe because it's his friend he's more willing to accept the defeat and take it on the chin as much as it'll hurt him.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom