• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People need to learn the difference between form and ability. A lot of people here are far too forgiving. Lacazette is good enough to keep? Lacazette is important for the system? Really? I'm pretty sure he was on the bench before Eddie got that red. Last time I checked a football season lasted 38 games, not since the restart. Just because a player is in good form now, does not mean they have the ability to take us where we want to be. Plus I also think a player in good form makes them easier to sell too. On the goalkeeper situation, it's very rare to have two first choice keepers at the same time. Liverpool signed Adrian on a free. City signed some old guy on loan. Keeping two first team quality keepers makes little financial sense for a club that does not have a lot of money. One of them should go.
I would sell:
Leno if a big offer comes or Martinez.
Soktratis
Mustafi
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Xhaka if a big offer comes (ideally it's either him or Cellabos in the squad but I understand he will stay for the foreseeable future).
Lacazette
Guendouzi
Torreira
Holding

Kav

Established Member
You can’t sell 9 first team players in one window without having the funds to already bring in replacements. The current transfer market is depressed and we will only get a decent return on a handful of players ( Leno, Guend, holding and Bellerin) the rest will be either at cost of at a loss.

further to that some of those a far better than their alternatives in the squad. Lacazette > nketiah, guendouzi> willock.

should some of the players be moved on sure. But it would be foolish to sell 9 first team players in one window in this transfer market. Thankfully you’re not in management.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Underestimating Edouard. He can play as a 10 easily. Everything that Lacazette does he is capable of. He is also much faster, better in the air, much better dribbler and is stronger.

With the Martinez/ Leno scenario. They are both number 1s. Selling one would fetch 30 million. I don't think we can afford to turn that down. We should bring in an old experienced back up in.
How much do you think Celtic would want for Edouard? He seems like a player who can easily explode in the Premier League. Admittedly I don‘t watch the Scottish league but he seems an interesting profile at least.

Tomb Bombadil

Need to get rid of the individual errors, players who are on two years or one, and those who simply cannot pass the ball.

Kolasinac
Mustafi
Elneny
Sokratis
Özil
One of Martinez/Leno
Guendouzi
Lacazette

Those are the ones I think we have to move on. The defensive problems and midfield aside. If we got a striker who could actually score away from home, we would be in the top four.
I agree and would put Torreira on the list and get an upgrad to him. If we don't get an upgrad he would bring in cash for other positions.

Then I would sell one of Chambers/Holding. I am still not sure if they have the quality. So just keep the better option. Both also injury prone. And also too many CB if we sell Mustafi and Sokratis and bring in Saliba and another CB.

I really like Bellerin but I would think about selling him if we get a good offer. His not the same player after his injury and would get in cash to invest. Same with Nelson

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People need to learn the difference between form and ability. A lot of people here are far too forgiving. Lacazette is good enough to keep? Lacazette is important for the system? Really? I'm pretty sure he was on the bench before Eddie got that red. Last time I checked a football season lasted 38 games, not since the restart. Just because a player is in good form now, does not mean they have the ability to take us where we want to be. Plus I also think a player in good form makes them easier to sell too. On the goalkeeper situation, it's very rare to have two first choice keepers at the same time. Liverpool signed Adrian on a free. City signed some old guy on loan. Keeping two first team quality keepers makes little financial sense for a club that does not have a lot of money. One of them should go.
I would sell:
Leno if a big offer comes or Martinez.
Soktratis
Mustafi
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Xhaka if a big offer comes (ideally it's either him or Cellabos in the squad but I understand he will stay for the foreseeable future).
Lacazette
Guendouzi
Torreira
Holding

You completely contradict your first point. Lacazette obviously has good ability, he proved that last season. He just went into bad form under Emery and now he's slowly coming back to his best because he believes in Arteta and the process.

I agree with the goalkeeper point. But I wouldn't even consider selling Leno, Martinez after all has only been in the net for a few games. Despite his otherworldly displays. I would however look at selling Emi for £20-30M. I think the lad deserves first team football. Both keepers are basically the same age so its a tough one.

Bellerin to PSG could be likely, i'd probably start AMN as our main right back if that were to happen. Maybe look at getting Aarons on a cut price deal.

Torreira is good depth but if a team came in with £20-30M again I'd sell.

We needed proper defenders for a long time.

None of our centers backs looks comfortable in 2 center back systems.

We signed Mari and Soares who are seriously lacking quality. We need quality.

I fail to see how we move forward with this defense, 8 center backs that are all not good enough and will take 2-3 years replacing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Timely reminder about what we dealing with here. Utter rubbish.

GunnerShy

Holding, Kolasinac - definitely not good enough for this club.

Holding can defend but he's too bad on the ball for how Arteta will want to play so move him on.

Cedric is a worry.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We needed proper defenders for a long time.

None of our centers backs looks comfortable in 2 center back systems.

We signed Mari and Soares who are seriously lacking quality. We need quality.

I fail to see how we move forward with this defense, 8 center backs that are all not good enough and will take 2-3 years replacing.

How the hell did we buy 8 CBs and they're all crap :lol:

Only at Arsenal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How did the squad planning go so wrong?

Terrible quality all over.

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Kolasinac
Torreira

All need to be sold in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Kolasinac
Torreira

You can't predict future when buy players Torreira was one of most promising midfielders in Serie A Kola too these players just declined

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can't predict future when buy players Torreira was one of most promising midfielders in Serie A Kola too these players just declined

Not gonna say I predicted it but scouts should have been able to see how poor Kolasinac is on the ball. And who decided he was value for money? He's on a PL stars salary

Torreira is limited and if we aren't playing with a sitting midfielder needs to go

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Kolasinac
Torreira

Can't believe you left out this champ

mustadi.png