• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
You can criticise xhaka based on the requirement of a good DLP. Because he is a DLP.

Whether you think he is a good/bad DLP is another question.

Because he is not as good as xavi he can’t be a DLP? Are there no DLP in the Sunday league? It’s just a position that you distribute the ball from deep, dictating team tempo, they have good long pass and game reading. Xhaka is that type of player.

He does play in the style of Alonso. Yes, he does. (I’m not comparing him to Alonso) A Sunday league player can play in the style of Alonso, just not as good as a player. Same position, different level. Should both be judged by the same requirements.

You can criticise him that he is a bad DLP. But you can’t say he is **** because he can’t do what a DM/BTB could do.
That is a fair enough assessment but I personally do not think as a midfielder he can take us to where the club needs to go. I have no problem with him in our squad and if we were playing against top teams I wouldn't mind him starting along with Partey (if we do get him). My problems with him are how people overrate him to standards he has never reached nor will achieve. Yes we are dependent on him but thst dependence has turned our midfield in Championship standard. I'm not saying anything ground-breaking or mind boggling. Anyways let's pray Partey comes and benches him or some idiot club buys him so this thread become a redundant.

Jae

**** me how are we still having this conversation after all this time? It's been nearly 3 years.

Feel like I'm stuck in a time loop between this and the Özil thread. Does anybody actually care anymore?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They are not the same roles. There are many roles in central midfield such as advanced playmaker, deep lying playmaker, box to box, ball winning midfielder, mezzala etc.
You can’t place all central midfielders into one type.
Actually, from 14-15 onwards, cazorla played as part of a midfield two next to Coq

scytheavatar

Established Member
You can criticise xhaka based on the requirement of a good DLP. Because he is a DLP.

Whether you think he is a good/bad DLP is another question.

Because he is not as good as xavi he can’t be a DLP? Are there no DLP in the Sunday league? It’s just a position that you distribute the ball from deep, dictating team tempo, they have good long pass and game reading. Xhaka is that type of player.

He does play in the style of Alonso. Yes, he does. (I’m not comparing him to Alonso) A Sunday league player can play in the style of Alonso, just not as good as a player. Same position, different level. Should both be judged by the same requirements.

You can criticise him that he is a bad DLP. But you can’t say he is **** because he can’t do what a DM/BTB could do.

You can criticise xhaka based on the requirement of a good DM. Because he is a DM.

You can criticise him that he is a bad DM. But you can’t say he is **** because he can’t do what a DLP could do.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's not a DM and he's not DLP, he is somewhere in between but not good enough in either role. That's why you will see Ceballos taking control over the "playmaking" role and we all know by now how disastrous his defending is, especially around the box.
The only role he looks good at is when he plays another CB in our super defensive setup, clearing crosses and corners.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Xhaka’s **** because he’s always putting the opposition through on our goal. He’s also **** because he’s not a modern footballer. It’s not enough to sit in front of the defence anymore. Modern midfielders can dribble, pass through the lines and tackle. This guy can’t do any.

Not to mention he’s painfully slow and above all, ****.

Manberg

Predator
Henderson is definitely better than Xhaka, he is worse technically but he has less flaws to his game and he has genuine leadership qualities.
Matic is twice the player Xhaka could ever dream for. He's become somewhat of a meme but peak Matic was an excellent DM, being one of the best in the country and even in his twilight years he's been an unsung hero of United's resurgence. He lets Pogba and Bruno do their thing.
Ramires is better than Xhaka, just because he was a workhorse doesn't mean he had no talent. Won Chelsea's player of the year when they won the CL and we can't forget that big goal against Barca. The rest are marginally worse but when the time came they got rid of them, just like we should do with Xhaka.
:lol:
Some people think others have the prettiest wife at home I guess.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Henderson is definitely better than Xhaka, he is worse technically but he has less flaws to his game and he has genuine leadership qualities.
Matic is twice the player Xhaka could ever dream for. He's become somewhat of a meme but peak Matic was an excellent DM, being one of the best in the country and even in his twilight years he's been an unsung hero of United's resurgence. He lets Pogba and Bruno do their thing.
Ramires is better than Xhaka, just because he was a workhorse doesn't mean he had no talent. Won Chelsea's player of the year when they won the CL and we can't forget that big goal against Barca. The rest are marginally worse but when the time came they got rid of them, just like we should do with Xhaka.

If this post accurately reflects your judgement then I can understand your posts on Xhaka. While I certainly agree that all those mentioned have positive qualities that Xhaka hasn't, the reverse is also true. We'll agree to differ

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Of course I know they are different type of players.One in more advanced position for shorter pass and one in deeper position for longer pass.

I’m just grouping advanced playmaker and deep lying playmaker into one category. Because they are both focus on making play and passing (just in different areas on the pitch). And should primarily be judge based on their passing/playmaking, I also group them together because defending is only their secondary job, for both positions. Both position needed a destroyer next to them.

I think that over simplifies things to the level of not really helping the debate. I'd say Xhaka doesn't quite fit any of the traditional FM roles (as many players don't), and that playmaking isn't his primary responsibility. He's closer to a less defensively adept but better passing Didier Deschamps. A player who operates in the defensive half but isn't overtly defensive...much like Arteta for us. A good first passer who usually keeps things simple to ensure the ball keeps moving.

Fans underrate simplicity in sport, and assume it is easy, because the technical demands are lesser.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Comparing ****ing Xhaka to Pirlo, Alonso or Kroos is just deluded. But there you go.

Who the heck is Kroos to be compared to Xhaka? ****ing Kroos.

The same Kroos who played in German Team who finished at the bottom of their group at group stage during Russia 2018. So, not only did they not pass the stage group but finished at the bottom. But it was all Özil fault because he plays for Arsenal not for Real Madrid.

Now tell us how good he is/was at Real Madrid, whose role is minimal with all those greats around him.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The same Kroos who played in German Team who finished at the bottom of their group at group stage during Russia 2018. So, not only did they not pass the stage group but finished at the bottom. But it was all Özil fault because he plays for Arsenal not for Real Madrid.

Now tell us how good he is/was at Real Madrid, whose role is minimal with all those greats around him.
:) A team like Real Madrid, where Kroos plays, is a top team because they have top players. Hertha BSC, who wanted to sign Xhaka around Christmas, finished 10th in the Bundesliga, which by coincidence is the same spot we are in right now in the PL, 10th. This is why we have Xhaka as one of our starting midfielders and Real Madrid have Tony Kroos.

Xhaka is a midfielder for a mid-table club, but if you want to think Xhaka is a great midfielder I'll leave you to it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Oh boy, the pleasure of having a debate with some Xhaka fans. :D

I mean, I don't like Xhaka, but his fan club is absolutely unreal

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Oh boy, the pleasure of having a debate with some Xhaka fans. :D

I mean, I don't like Xhaka, but his fan club is absolutely unreal
Agree. I simply do not understand how they reason, but somehow Xhaka turns into this elite ball player and/or other pretty good players turn into **** compared to Xhaka.

Very strange indeed, but honestly quite entertaining in my view. This thread and the Özil thread are always good for some good laughs! Hope that when both players leave we can still have some threads for them and their fanboys to post in. Just for the general entertainment.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka is an elite midfielder but yet somehow our midfield is trash.

Someone Help me understand this please

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'm new here so I'm glad to see the prevailing opinion on this dood is he's trash. The deluded ppl who honestly think Xhaka is anything more than a championship level football player, do my nut in.

If you think Xhaka is only a Championship level player, your comments somewhat lack credibility, given he has 82 caps so far and is captain of the 12th best team in the world rankings and was excellent when we won the FA CUP.

If you criticism is going to be hyperbolic, then it undermines your own viewpoint.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If you think Xhaka is only a Championship level player, your comments somewhat lack credibility, given he has 82 caps so far and is captain of the 12th best team in the world rankings and was excellent when we won the FA CUP.

If you criticism is going to be hyperbolic, then it undermines your own viewpoint.
You're better than that.

Dejan Lovren was a regular player for a second placed Croatia, won everything with Liverpool and has a lot of appearances for both club and country. Not bad some people would say and a much better career than what Xhaka has.
The difference between us and Liverpool is that they've invested a lot in upgrading on that mediocrity while we are accepting it and promoting it. Yes, he's not a Championship level player but I'm a bit tired with that "leadership and Swiss captain" excusse, it's getting old.
We are sinking year on year while this guy is playing a key role in our team. We can't blame Guendouzi or Özil anymore as they are out, and the only constant of our downfall over the years is Xhaka, yet his fan club somehow thinks everyone else except our "leader" is to blame for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom