• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In order of priority:
1. Depay > Benrahma > Coutinho (loan)
2. Partey > Douglas Luiz > Diallo/Sangare
3. Aouar > Van De Beek > Buendia
> Szoboszlai/Matheus Henrique
4. Aké > Gabriel > Upamecano

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liked what I’ve seen of Jack Tucker this year. First choice centre half as a teenager for any side in League football is rare.

Definitely worth a punt imo, especially when the worst case scenario is Rob Holding when you might sell for 15-20M.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Liked what I’ve seen of Jack Tucker this year. First choice centre half as a teenager for any side in League football is rare.

Definitely worth a punt imo, especially when the worst case scenario is Rob Holding when you might sell for 15-20M.

Your knowledge base of Atletico Madrid, Welsh football, Arsenal and lower league football is hella weird, but I dig it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Your knowledge base of Atletico Madrid, Welsh football, Arsenal and lower league football is hella weird, but I dig it.

Good thing about modern football is that you can just watch so much.

Most nights there’s a decent game on somewhere with a young player or two. Honestly end up watching so many games a week while I’m doing stuff around the house or studying or whatever.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Good thing about modern football is that you can just watch so much.

Most nights there’s a decent game on somewhere with a young player or two. Honestly end up watching so many games a week while I’m doing stuff around the house or studying or whatever.

Nice, i'm just good at remembering footballers' names from playing Fifa as a kid. I know f*ck all about football tbh, I just follow the white ball and get happier or sadder depending on how close it is to the goals.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Everton agree price of 25m for Hoejberg of Soton.

Looks like those who thought the market would be different weren't too right.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Saka Dembele Pepe
Grealish Xhaka Ceballos
Tierney Saliba Ake Bellerin
Martinez

Out
Auba
Lacazette
AmN
Guendouzi
Sokratis
Chambers

200m in and 140m out.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
19 years old, high xG and xA, 6ft 1, great set-piece taker, around 20m...got to be a target surely.

EdmiIJTXgAEBcSu

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'd say in general people slightly underrated how much value can be added by someone who's good at dead-ball situations i.e corners, free-kicks and penalties. I feel like it's almost looked down upon a wee bit, as if scoring from dead-balls isn't as good as scoring from free-flowing open play moves.

Liverpool have TAA. How many goals do they score over a season from his corners, free-kicks and crosses from open play? A sh*t tonne, is the answer. It's incredibly useful.

Szoboszlai has fantastic ball-striking technique. He can take your corners, your free-kicks and he's a penalty taker. Ignoring what he can do from open play, just with his dead-balls he's gonna contribute so many goals over the course of his career.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I really hope we’re in for Memphis Depay (pending thorough physical assessment). Can play anywhere across the attack and has a good g/a per game ratio. One year left on his contract with Lyon and they might not have European competition (need to beat PSG in Coupe de la Ligue final). 26 and He’s in his prime now. Could be our Salah/De Bruyne in returning to PL to redeem himself.

Benrahma and Coutinho as backups.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
SmarterScout tried to find a replacement for Özil using their stats. Turns out Özil is quite a rare player and difficult to replace, but they came up with two names: Martin Ødegaard and Emanuel Vignato.

https://smarterscout.com/articles/p...hester-city-chelsea-arsenal-everton-tottenham

Ødegaard is well-known, he's pretty much the only 10 around with comparable vision and passing to Özil. No idea how feasible it is to bring him here though, and he was diagnosed with a chronic knee problem, the severity of which i'm unfamiliar with. The pass with the outside of the boot at 08:00 especially shows what he's about:

Vignato I'd never heard of. He's a 19 year old playing for Chievo in Serie B on loan from Bologna. He's very young and very lightweight, but he's a very elegant player also with excellent passing and vision. Much more of a risk, but an interesting player. Pass at 05:06 very Özil-esque:

Of course you could always just not replace Özil at all and find a different way to play football, that's an option. But for all Özil's many failings he remains essentially one of the purest embodiments of Wenger's sporting ideals, a player of pure technique and intelligence.

Lots of people think the number 10 is dead, but I'd like to believe it isn't, and I'd like to believe we can find the next Özil somewhere out there.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Fwiw i hope ESR can be one piece of that puzzle. But he can't do it all by himself, he needs another playmaker to combine with, much in the same way that Özil would combine with Ramsey.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Real will look to keep Ødegaard, surely. Standout performer in La Liga this season and their midfield needs rejuvenation.

Burt Gold

SmarterScout tried to find a replacement for Özil using their stats. Turns out Özil is quite a rare player and difficult to replace, but they came up with two names: Martin Ødegaard and Emanuel Vignato.

https://smarterscout.com/articles/p...hester-city-chelsea-arsenal-everton-tottenham

Ødegaard is well-known, he's pretty much the only 10 around with comparable vision and passing to Özil. No idea how feasible it is to bring him here though, and he was diagnosed with a chronic knee problem, the severity of which i'm unfamiliar with. The pass with the outside of the boot at 08:00 especially shows what he's about:

Vignato I'd never heard of. He's a 19 year old playing for Chievo in Serie B on loan from Bologna. He's very young and very lightweight, but he's a very elegant player also with excellent passing and vision. Much more of a risk, but an interesting player. Pass at 05:06 very Özil-esque:

Of course you could always just not replace Özil at all and find a different way to play football, that's an option. But for all Özil's many failings he remains essentially one of the purest embodiments of Wenger's sporting ideals, a player of pure technique and intelligence.

Lots of people think the number 10 is dead, but I'd like to believe it isn't, and I'd like to believe we can find the next Özil somewhere out there.
I don't think Ødegaard is available. He has had an excellent season in la liga and I would expect Real Madrid would be taking him back next season but you never know.

Vignato I've never heard of either and is just too young for us now.

We need goals and creativity from our midfield. Replacing Özil like for like is an option (hopefully with a better team attitude though) but I think we can also do it by committee. We definitely need to bring in one creative midfielder while keeping hold of Ceballos. Torreira and Guendouzi are expendable as is Xhaka in the right scenario in my eyes.

A swap or sale of Guendouzi and Torreira should be enough to bring us that creative midfield player we desperately need.

Some names we could consider are: Van de Beek, Buendia, Grealish, Luis Alberto, Nkunku, Pelegrini, Golovin, Coutinho, Perhaps Isco if Ødegaard is back to Madrid.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
How about some new names we can throw into the mix:

Mazraoui, Doucoure, & Weghorst - surely we can attract these guys even without Europe ?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wrong. Its a buyers market, anyone who can spend money will still spend it, prices won't change much.

Selling Hojeberg or however you spell his name for 25m is a good sale. So if Soton can get 25m for him and supposedly Liverpool are set to get 6m for Karius how can we not get 5m for Sokratis or Mustafi. Or 10-12m for Holding.

People said no one would touch our players because middle of the road teams who may be interested in some of our players have no money. But it's clear that theres money there.

ArsenalFever

Ødegaard is a player I wanted us to sign when he was at Vitesse, and he could of been very much attainable at the time, but now I think Madrid would probably demand £50+ mil, and that's even if they were willing to sell, would be good business even at that price imo but doubt the probability.

Alexey Miranchuk would be the ideal candidate for Arsenal imo, yes he's been playing in the Russian league, but so was Arshavin. I feel he's an elite type player flowing under the radar and could probably be got for less than £35 mil. Has an eye for goal, fluid movement, passing, dead ball etc

Latest posts+

Top Bottom