• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,048

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I keep thinking Willian in the player Arsenal will turn to in desperation to fill this creative gap.
I really dont see us competing with United and co. over Grealish and you dont have a lot of top players out there who are not already at a top club.

Willian key pass stats are still amazing and he can play in the middle or on the wing.

But theres zero chance he doesnt ask for a 3 year contract and it will be on insane wages aswell, if by some miracle we are able to move Özil on in the summer we will just end up replacing his wages with Willian.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I keep thinking Willian in the player Arsenal will turn to in desperation to fill this creative gap.
I really dont see us competing with United and co. over Grealish and you dont have a lot of top players out there who are not already at a top club.

Willian key pass stats are still amazing and he can play in the middle or on the wing.

But theres zero chance he doesnt ask for a 3 year contract and it will be on insane wages aswell, if by some miracle we are able to move Özil on in the summer we will just end up replacing his wages with Willian.

United arent in for Grealish anymore.
City won't be in for him.
Chelsea have other targets.
Liverpool won't be in for him.

Only team who would potentially challenge us for him are Sp**s but they wouldn't pay the fee.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Willian plays on the right where we already have Pepe. Such a pointless signing that doesnt address what needs addressing. An all rounder in the middle who leans more offensively than defensively.

Malky

Established Member
Having nightmares at the thought of our transfer business looking like - Cedric, Mari, Coutinho, Willian and Stones
source.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willian plays on the right where we already have Pepe. Such a pointless signing that doesnt address what needs addressing. An all rounder in the middle who leans more offensively than defensively.

When you look at it its not a pointless signing if its a 2 year deal on a free. Could be a pretty astute signing.

Underhill

When you look at it its not a pointless signing if its a 2 year deal on a free. Could be a pretty astute signing.
Look at Kolasinac wages. That look like "free" to you? If you sign a free agent, they get bloated wages and/or a sign-on bonus.

And Willian is not turning down a 2y contract at Chelsea to sign a 2y contract here. He wants 3y.

say yes

forum master baiter
United arent in for Grealish anymore.
City won't be in for him.
Chelsea have other targets.
Liverpool won't be in for him.

Only team who would potentially challenge us for him are Sp**s but they wouldn't pay the fee.
Unfortunately we’re broke and now, thanks to us, Villa aren’t getting relegated. Grealish won’t be here next season, we simply don’t have the funds.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Having nightmares at the thought of our transfer business looking like - Cedric, Mari, Coutinho, Willian and Stones
source.gif

Don't worry, man, it's all just part of the journey. Sure, the car makes strange noises when it gets over 50 mph and there's a lingering smell in the back seats from that fishing trip a few months back, but Saka's got his head poked out the window with the wind in his face, and a man with perfect hair is at the wheel.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Look at Kolasinac wages. That look like "free" to you? If you sign a free agent, they get bloated wages and/or a sign-on bonus.

And Willian is not turning down a 2y contract at Chelsea to sign a 2y contract here. He wants 3y.

Kolasinac age + contract length meant he was always going to be here for 4/5 years.

Willian on a 2 year deal who is actually a top player makes sense.

@say yes we aren't broke. In some way we'll be able to generate cash. I'll stick by what I said I think we'll spend 9 figures this summer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

it could be. But weve spent 70m on Pepe to play there. And weve more pressing areas. So yeah, pointless signing unless other areas are addressed also.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Willian can cover three positions, positions where we lack depth. I’d rather have Willian coming on at RW than Nelson. Same goes for CAM. If we play a 3 man midfield you can chuck Willian on at CAM to go 4-2-3-1. You can also put him on the left if needs be. I don’t have an issue with this signing if it’s a two year deal with an option for a third.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Free signing =/= cheap signing. Signing a player like Willian could end up being more expensive than signing someone like Pepe, cause we could still sell Pepe in the future. While we certainly can't for Willian. If our board still hasn't figured that out by now then they are more incompetent than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom