• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'll be honest I didn't watch Norwich much this season so I can't say he personally stood out to me, but just going by clips and these stats, if he's available for around 20m wouldn't it be m*dness not to pick him up? Dude ranks among the best young creators in Europe.

Edx5LRhWsAIYrpG

Edx6B-QXsAAaT2e

Edx6kNtXoAAdufB

Edx7XfXX0AEiM25

Edx7u4VXoAEhaE5

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
One criticism of Buendia would be that he doesn't have goals in his game yet, but that should improve. And considering that pound-for-pound he could give you the most creativity for the least financial outlay, it's still worth it.

I'd say there are four guys playing in England we should have on our radar: Zaha, Grealish, Benrahma and Buendia. Zaha and Grealish are more expensive around 40-50m, Benrahma and Buendia cheaper at 15-30m. Ideally get two of the four, but at least one we should be targeting surely.

benjamin86

Established Member
One criticism of Buendia would be that he doesn't have goals in his game yet, but that should improve. And considering that pound-for-pound he could give you the most creativity for the least financial outlay, it's still worth it.

I'd say there are four guys playing in England we should have on our radar: Zaha, Grealish, Benrahma and Buendia. Zaha and Grealish are more expensive around 40-50m, Benrahma and Buendia cheaper at 15-30m. Ideally get two of the four, but at least one we should be targeting surely.
You can probably get Benrahma (if Brentford don't get promoted) and Buendia for the price of Grealish/Zaha. Goals in general have been an issue for Norwich this year. Last year in Championship he managed 8goals 12 assists which is pretty good for a 21/22 year old.

ArsenalFever

Buendia strikes me as a player that bases his game on passing, could be a shrewd acquisition but what I think Arsenal need even more, is a player who drives forward from central areas, arrives in the box and also willing to track back, somebody with an eye for goal and the confidence to try and make decisive passes.
The ability to drive forward, make incisive runs and allow team mates around him to have more freedom off the ball, this is what I think Arsenal should be looking for.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Buendia strikes me as a player that bases his game on passing, could be a shrewd acquisition but what I think Arsenal need even more, is a player who drives forward from central areas, arrives in the box and also willing to track back, somebody with an eye for goal and the confidence to try and make decisive passes.
The ability to drive forward, make incisive runs and allow team mates around him to have more freedom off the ball, this is what I think Arsenal should be looking for.

What you're describing is Kevin De Bruyne. Players like that aren't just hanging around waiting to be plucked from the tree.

ArsenalFever

What you're describing is Kevin De Bruyne. Players like that aren't just hanging around waiting to be plucked from the tree.
Well it seems that KDB is a popular choice of comparison when looking for a central mid, but actually I'm just referring to the type of player I think Arsenal should be targeting, if you wanna look within the premier League only then yer maybe the options are limited, but there are more options outside imo.

mucki

Transfer out:
Guendouzi – £25m
AMN – £15m
Mkhitaryan – £10m
Holding – £10m
Mustafi – £5m
Elneny – £5m

Total: £70m

I would also sell Özil, Kolasinac and Sokratis but I don‘t think, that any team is interested in them because of their contracts.

Transfer in:
Szoboszlai - £25m
Sangare – £15m
Sarr – Free transfer

Total: £40m

This is a minimalistic approach. I would obviously love getting players like Partey or Upamecano, but I don‘t think they are very interested in singing with our club, because they also have offers from teams, that are playing in the CL on a regular basis.

What I like about this strategy is how the team could look like in a few years. All are under 23 years old, have a lot of potenzial and already a lot of experience. Combine them with Saliba, Tierney, Saka and Martinelli and we could have a team, that is able to challenge for a title in two or three years.

Leno
Bellerin, Saliba, Luiz, Tierney
Sangare, Xhaka
Pepe, Szoboszlai, Saka
Aubameyang

Martinez
Soares, Chambers, Sarr, Kolasinac
Torreira, Willock
Nelson, Özil, Martinelli
Lacazette

Mari, Sokratis, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
While I wouldn't call him a dream signing over more accomplished players, I think that Callum Wilson can boast our attack if we get rid of Eddie, who's not cutting the mustard.
He'd be a good rotation player with Laca, who has pace and shows up in the box to finish deep crosses from the flanks and is a pretty decent penalty taker.
Obviously, I'm mentioning him because of budget issues and he'd be home grown + the price wouldn't break the bank.

Last edited:

Gunner-Union

While I wouldn't call him a dream signing over more accomplished players, I think that Callum Wilson can boast our attack if we get rid of Eddie, who's not cutting the mustard.
He'd be a good rotation player with Laca, who has pace and shows up in the box to finish deep crosses from the flanks and is a pretty decent penalty taker.
Obviously, I'm mentioning him because of budget issues and he'd be home grown + the price wouldn't break the bank.

Wilson has lost all his pace after multiple knee surgeries and that was his only real asset

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sounds like Buendia to me other than the goals?
LYLJOhV.png

Yeah on paper it looks like he has basically everything you want from an attacking mid, except the goals. But we have finishers, it's chance-creators that we need.

I'm not a scout so I can't be sure, but for 20m it seems like a pretty obvious deal to do.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yeah on paper it looks like he has basically everything you want from an attacking mid, except the goals. But we have finishers, it's chance-creators that we need.

I'm not a scout so I can't be sure, but for 20m it seems like a pretty obvious deal to do.
Same, i just read a bunch of scout reports, analysis etc and he sounds perfect for us. I've watched Norwich 4-5 times this season and i definitely noticed how press resistant he is.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I suppose what Buendia doesn't have that someone like Grealish does is star quality, the ability to smack it top bins from 30 yards. But he could yet find a bit of that. And if you get him for 20m you might still have funds for a winger like Zaha or Benrahma who do have star quality.

benjamin86

Established Member
I suppose what Buendia doesn't have that someone like Grealish does is star quality, the ability to smack it top bins from 30 yards. But he could yet find a bit of that. And if you get him for 20m you might still have funds for a winger like Zaha or Benrahma who do have star quality.
At 20m if we don't do it someone else will and i'm guessing he'll be worth double this time next year. For additional context KDB was sold by Chelsea at 23.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
At 20m if we don't do it someone else will and i'm guessing he'll be worth double this time next year. For additional context KDB was sold by Chelsea at 23.

Yeah, it feels like the sort of deal a smart Bundesliga team like Leipzig or Dortmund would do and then we'd all complain two years later when the player is worth 60m or whatever.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'll be honest I didn't watch Norwich much this season so I can't say he personally stood out to me, but just going by clips and these stats, if he's available for around 20m wouldn't it be m*dness not to pick him up? Dude ranks among the best young creators in Europe.

Edx5LRhWsAIYrpG

Edx6B-QXsAAaT2e

Edx6kNtXoAAdufB

Edx7XfXX0AEiM25

Edx7u4VXoAEhaE5

Those stats are really impressive wow. Yeah definitely worth a punt.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom