• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dbig

I'm willing to sell my soul.

Can a ****ing billionaire buy us and dope us up? Heard Africa's richest man wants us. Please make an offer Stan can't refuse.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

^That, and the overall underlying performance metrics for Arteta now with a significant sample size are really worrying, tbh. Yes there are some positives but is impossible to call the fact that the underlying performances metrics are even worse than Basque Mark Hughes' anything but worrisome. Honestly didn't expect that to be possible.

New personnel can make this change drastically, especially since Arteta seems to have actual ideas about football unlike BMH and seems to communicate with his players well and inspire belief in them, also unlike BMH. That said, it really isn't acceptable performance level and Arteta should be disappointed...we can hope, and reasonably think, that the performance levels will change drastically with different personnel but there is also the worry that Arteta just is never able to translate his managerial qualities into actual results, which is what after all the job is about. Let's pray that's not the case but we'll need to see at least an improvement on Emery's xG 18 games into next season, if not we really have to worry if Arteta is just a good communicator and motivator but not actually a good manager.

Uh, are you making the argument that Arteta is getting worse results than Emery? Or just basing everything off xG? What exactly is going on here?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don’t see us getting top 4 next season unless Stan can pull out 200M, without sales. Even then, we’re just about in contention.

Thats a little knee Jerky. You saying we need 275M to get top 4? What you doing with that? We need 5 players.

One of which is already coming in Saliba, we need a LCB. Two CM's and a proper LW after that. All of which wouldn't even cost 200m let alone room without sales.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just checked that Arteta managed us exactly 19 games this season and ended up earing 32 points in league a decent start for his managerial career despite taking team that very low in confidence and most of them are s**t.

His lowest point so far is getting knocked out by Olympiakos we shouldn't have lost at home specially after winning away.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Thats a little knee Jerky. You saying we need 275M to get top 4? What you doing with that? We need 5 players.

One of which is already coming in Saliba, we need a LCB. Two CM's and a proper LW after that. All of which wouldn't even cost 200m let alone room without sales.

It wouldnt cost 200m if you buy middle of the road players.

But if you signed a decent CB significantly better than what we have that's probably 40m. 2 midfielders like Partey and Van de Beek at Ajax is another 90m. Grealish for LW another 50m.
Your not far of 200m. That would be literally what we would need to get closer to top 4 in my opinion. And when I mean close I dont mean a few points of. I mean right in the mix all season. Never being out of the top 4/5 all year.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Uh, are you making the argument that Arteta is getting worse results than Emery? Or just basing everything off xG? What exactly is going on here?

I’m referring to the fact that Arteta’s overall xG was -.51 up until today’s game, so it’s probably somewhere around -1 or -2 for the season after today’s game. Basque Mark Hughes’ (refuse to write the name of that terrible hire) xG was +9 in his first season and -.06 this. Wenger’s last season was +24.

Just as it was obvious that results were really belying performances in Emery’s first half of a season here, and thus needed to be understood as quite lucky and unsustainable, it’s certainly nothing short of worrying how Arteta’s metrics here are even poorer than a bar I thought would be hard to get under. The rest of my thoughts on that are in the post above. Hoping it’ll swing around dramatically with different personnel but worrying nonetheless!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame Freddie lost that sense of style, used to be a trend setter...

2.jpg

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
So 33 points in 20 game, a point cut from 1.65.
Over 38 games that would have been around 63 points, so close behind CL football.

6th in the table since he overtook, one point less than Chelsea and Southampton (! Hasenhüttl is a great one).

Then you have to consider, that the team was in a state, when Freddie and later Arteta took over the team. In addition some injuries, red cards, many points lost after leadings and don't forget Arteta never trained a team as head coach before and had no transfer window for his plans.

So overall it's positive so far, but especially the offensive system needs a lot of improvement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It wouldnt cost 200m if you buy middle of the road players.

But if you signed a decent CB significantly better than what we have that's probably 40m. 2 midfielders like Partey and Van de Beek at Ajax is another 90m. Grealish for LW another 50m.
Your not far of 200m. That would be literally what we would need to get closer to top 4 in my opinion. And when I mean close I dont mean a few points of. I mean right in the mix all season. Never being out of the top 4/5 all year.

Its all well and good saying this but its not how it works.

Partey and VDB don't add the required creativity for starters. You can get more creativity for a lot less.

Partey is needed for the athleticism. Forget VDB we need Aouar, Szoboszlai, Buendia etc as that third mid.

I have faith in Saka at LW.

Kav

Established Member
Saka is a good alternate not a starter. He will be up and down and we need consistency. He should shadow a more advanced LM or LW.

we need the athleticism in the whole spine of the team. We don’t have a quick cb in our ranks and we always get exposed when playing against pace.

our midfield is weak physically and we don’t have any creative CM presently. Those are the areas I would focus on for recruitment. That and sort out the contract situation with our strikers. If we are going to let any go allow Arteta to bring in who he wants.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Its all well and good saying this but its not how it works.

Partey and VDB don't add the required creativity for starters. You can get more creativity for a lot less.

Partey is needed for the athleticism. Forget VDB we need Aouar, Szoboszlai, Buendia etc as that third mid.

I have faith in Saka at LW.
I have faith in Saka but I do not have anything in Pepe so I would definitely get a new winger and get rid off Pepe

Corbulo

We've long known this is a very limited squad with virtually zero creativity and not enough goals in our forwards. Arteta is slowly learning that fact and he's very, very pissed off. Mid-table realism could also be a form of voluptuousness if done properly.

The next season is the real test of whether we have any strategy to move forward or more of the same. Big transfer window for us. Just like a professional juggler, Arteta must configure his balls by choosing the right shell, color and filling.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn't you feel sorry for him a bit? Poor guy literally couldn't believe what he was watching. This was his reaction to the team trying to play out from the back:
tenor.gif
:rofl:

It was too big of a step from him, inherited an absolutely lost team but the fact he couldn’t make us even a tiny bit better is a bit sad. :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Think we need a CB, athletic CM and a creative midfielder seeing.

Should be going for quality over quantity. I think those three signings at top quality take us into a serious top four battle. Two improves us in a big way though, and that should be the bare minimum.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Now the season's over I'd say the most positive thing I've seen in Arteta is that he's a hard b*stard who absolutely thinks to himself that we're sh*t and need a multitude of new players, cos it's fair to say that performances on the pitch still leave much to be desired. We concede fewer shots then under Emery, but in general the team is still just as bad as it was 6 months ago.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Why is everybody glossing over Arteta’s poor xG numbers by saying we’ll sign better players but we didn’t for Emery?

Top Bottom