• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Its likely to be Saliba and Mari/Luiz.

Look at Artetas words, hes saying we need a massive amount of creativity. Partey isn't that, if we are actively looking to sign Partey rest assured that Arteta also wants creativity.

Mustafi has been starting our biggest games under Arteta and he’ll be here next season, so how will he be out of the picture that easily? Especially if we don’t sign a CB.

So you’re assuming that we’re going to spend 50m on Partey and spend another 50m on a creative player?

:lol:

Too much FM.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Partey-Guendouzi swap (saying nothing of paying money as well) is such a poor and losing deal for a rebuilding club.

Would be furious if that happened.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mustafi has been starting our biggest games under Arteta and he’ll be here next season, so how will he be out of the picture that easily? Especially if we don’t sign a CB.

So you’re assuming that we’re going to spend 50m on Partey and spend another 50m on a creative player?

Too much FM.

For one Mustafi is out injured when the season starts so no, he won't be starting. Your point about signing a CB is negated by what you're saying thinking mustafi will start. Weird.

Anyway. We won't pay 50m outright for Partey, we will do a swap with Guendouzi and cash. After that we will make sales and sign a creative player for between 25-50M.

Pretty confident we spend 9 figures on players this summer including Partey.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For one Mustafi is out injured when the season starts so no, he won't be starting. Your point about signing a CB is negated by what you're saying thinking mustafi will start. Weird.

Anyway. We won't pay 50m outright for Partey, we will do a swap with Guendouzi and cash. After that we will make sales and sign a creative player for between 25-50M.

Pretty confident we spend 9 figures on players this summer including Partey.

When Mustafi is back then he’s starting which is one of the reasons I’d rather use that reported 50m on two positions than just sign Partey.

Bring in Gabriel Magalhães for 20m and be done with Mustafi, Mari, Luiz etc then use the remaining amount on a midfielder. That would be much better for the squad and I wouldn’t have to watch a circus in defence.

Why would Atletico Madrid want Guendouzi? Best option for them is to hold out for that release clause and get a replacement they actually want.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm not having this go after cheaper players lark. We should have the money. We can't pay 50m outright for any footballer.

35m plus Guendouzi is fair, this is just the start of negotiations. It will get done. You dont just stop at the first hurdle.
It's not a negotiation, as has been outlined in this thread. It's the release clause or nothing.

Burt Gold

Partey-Guendouzi swap (saying nothing of paying money as well) is such a poor and losing deal for a rebuilding club.

Not at all. Guendouzi has shown he doesn't have the attitude it takes to make it under Arteta so while it sucks that he has to go he has to go.

Partey is a world class midfielder, who creates space with strength and dribbling ability. He would do wonders for Arsenal all over the pitch.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree, having a solid midfield to build on would be a devastating blow for the club.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We're not interested in losing him. Heard Mikel's told the board he's only here as long as Granit is.
Of all the players to die on a hill for its Granit F*%king Xhaka.
Maybe my memory is playing up but I remember Athletico bidding for Xhaka and then we stupidly gave him a new contract. I think that's the type of midfielder Simeone likes. Big, warrior type. Guendouzi tries to be one but is a kid and Torreira is too soft for a Simeone team.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What if Athletico lose Oblak? Surely Bayern or Chelsea need a new keeper. Maybe offer them Leno plus cash for Partey.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
When Mustafi is back then he’s starting which is one of the reasons I’d rather use that reported 50m on two positions than just sign Partey.

Bring in Gabriel Magalhães for 20m and be done with Mustafi, Mari, Luiz etc then use the remaining amount on a midfielder. That would be much better for the squad and I wouldn’t have to watch a circus in defence.

Why would Atletico Madrid want Guendouzi? Best option for them is to hold out for that release clause and get a replacement they actually want.

This post is so full of crap. You think one 20m CB will come in and transform our defence? :lol:

Mustafi isn't starting next season, end of story.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Its hasnt been outlined actually. They said they won't sell for BELOW the release clause.
Precisely. I don't think any swaps are gonna do it, and we're not in a position to put £45-50m upfront on one dude right now in one straight installment.

If we really wanna do that, rather than swap we should get cash upfront for Guendouzi then put that towards Partey.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This post is so full of crap. You think one 20m CB will come in and transform our defence? :lol:

Mustafi isn't starting next season, end of story.

That sentence is something a 12 year old would come up with.

No. If you could clearly read my post in which I said sign a CB and then use the rest of the funds on a midfielder.

Spending 50m outright on Partey doesn’t make sense when there are other options out there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That sentence is something a 12 year old would come up with.

No. If you could clearly read my post in which I said sign a CB and then use the rest of the funds on a midfielder.

Spending 50m outright on Partey doesn’t make sense when there are other options out there.

I'm not saying spend 50m outright on Partey because we cant do that :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Personally, I’d go for Idrissa Gueye if we could get him on loan or just give PSG their youth player back in Guendouzi.

That’ll save us that 50m and we can strength other areas of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom