• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Midfield is our main issue.

Attacking midfielder is certainly a bigger need. We are going to be better off going through Guendouzi's growing pains with Ceballos or Xhaka with Ceballos and a creative midfielder ahead of them to actual create chances (something we are terrible at right now), than we are with Partey and Ceballos or worse, Partey and Xhaka and no creative midfielder. It's absolutely our first need.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Attacking midfielder is certainly a bigger need. We are going to be better off going through Guendouzi's growing pains with Ceballos or Xhaka with Ceballos and a creative midfielder ahead of them to actual create chances (something we are terrible at right now), than we are with Partey and Ceballos or worse, Partey and Xhaka and no creative midfielder. It's absolutely our first need.

I think they're equally as important.

For me you play a midfield 3 of Xhaka or Ceballos with Partey and a creative mid.

If I could have an ideal midfield 3 going into next season it would be Ceballos, Partey and Aouar. Pigs might also fly tho :lol:

Gunner-Union

I agree but It think partey and buendia are attainable for us. I don’t think we are as skint as some believe we hear it all the time then We spend 100 m

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
To be fair, midfield as a whole is probably the biggest issue we have right now - even more than our bloated and bad defence!

It's certainly our midfield and it's always been the midfield since Santi left, where we exhibited a massive drop in quality.

Partey would be immense, but who's going to be in the pockets of space just between their CBs and midfield or on the left side with real creative ideas ?

We haven't got a single player of that type anymore - okay, ESR, maybe Reiss, but I'd rather not put all my hope for a good season into those kids solely.

Would be way more calm, if I'd know Arteta gets his prefered version of Buendia for that purpose before putting all our money on partey.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
They're both as needed. We bring in a creative midfielder but we still lack power and athleticism? We then have a midfield that can be outran and overpowered.

Ashybashy86

We're not Chelsea, City or Man United who will just pay what a clubs asks for a player they want. But if we really want Partey, we'll pay the RC. Appearing to be cash strapped is the club's M.O.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's certainly our midfield and it's always been the midfield since Santi left, where we exhibited a massive drop in quality.

Partey would be immense, but who's going to be in the pockets of space just between their CBs and midfield or on the left side with real creative ideas ?

We haven't got a single of that type anymore.
If I'd know Arteta gets his prefered version of Buendia for that purpose, I'd be a lot more calm about this financial stretch on Partey.
I agree. I just think we need both Partey and Buendia in theory. The profile is more important than the name though IMO.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Easier said then done, but we should spend our budget on Partey. We can then sell to buy others.

I could even live with Soares, Mari, Salibah and Partey as a transfer window with Saka and Auba staying. Partey is that good.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If the offers are true then we are in his ear and he isn't renewing.

Question is whether we have what it takes to follow through.

Could be the Zaha transfer all over again.

daron christie

The Guendouzi link is a poverty link no way in hell would Simone want that undisciplined nut cast anywhere near his team Simone would eat him alive...doesn’t fit their system at all

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tough to say, given how multifaceted Partey is as a player. We'd have to sacrifice one element or try to bring in two similar players to make up for it, which bring it's own problem of overcrowding.

If it's PnP we want, then we can try and get Sangare. He won't cost more than £15m from a relegated team. He's not fantastic on the ball but he's adequate albeit rough around the edges. He's an excellent duel winner though and would add necessary power to our midfield. I think he's quality for what he does but a tad limited.

Soumare would cost quite a bit himself and probably would move to a better club. I'm not a huge Doucoure fan but he's PL tested and a decent blend of athleticism and technique. There's one gamble I'd consider seriously aswell, and that's bringing back Josh Dasilva from Brentford. He's both powerful and technically sound, probably one of the best all-round midfielders in his age group at the moment. Still young at 21 aswell.

With all those players, they are strong in particular areas but relatively weak in at least one, so there's gonna be gambles. I'd love Soumare but he's out of our reach IMO. Think Sangare or Dasilva would be underrated gets, and if we want PL experience, then Doucoure is a shout. It's not perfect but we have to learn to be a bit more creative in terms of recruitment - particularly if we can't get what we want but we can identify similar profiles and work with it.

I've obviously not watched Sangare like a scout would, but from what I can tell it doesn't look like he's bad on the ball. He's probably better on the ball than Ndidi, and he can put up similar defensive numbers to Ndidi. In this graph here he ranks around players like Guendouzi, Roca, Locatelli and Bennacer, who most people would class as deep-lying playmakers:

EdZ2LcyXgAABrTu

I've also seen examples of him dribble past people that were reminiscent of the way Diaby used to, when his close control was exceptional for someone with such long legs.

Plus he's about 4-5 years further back in his development than Partey and available for about a third of the price. So there's every chance someone like Sangare is the Partey of tomorrow.

Burt Gold

The Guendouzi link is a poverty link no way in hell would Simone want that undisciplined nut cast anywhere near his team Simone would eat him alive...doesn’t fit their system at all
Guendouzi is a 21 yr old french national team capped player. He may have some problems but surely the likes of Simeone would have to be intrigued. If you can get through to him, and I think someone can, you've got a potentially top player.

Gunner-Union

I've obviously not watched Sangare like a scout would, but from what I can tell it doesn't look like he's bad on the ball. He's probably better on the ball than Ndidi, and he can put up similar defensive numbers to Ndidi. In this graph here he ranks around players like Guendouzi, Roca, Locatelli and Bennacer, who most people would class as deep-lying playmakers:

EdZ2LcyXgAABrTu

I've also seen examples of him dribble past people that were reminiscent of the way Diaby used to, when his close control was exceptional for someone with such long legs.

Plus he's about 4-5 years further back in his development than Partey and available for about a third of the price. So there's every chance someone like Sangare is the Partey of tomorrow.

He would def be a good option and going cheap with him in a mid 3 with buendia and cabellos could work and would not break the bank and we could still spend elsewhere

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
If atmadrid play hard ball, we definitely should look at alternatives like Soumare and Sangare. But in that case I want us to invest on an established creative CM. Can't buy all cheaper/younger players who might be a punt.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Big fan of Sangaré and I think we should be targeting him but I'm not sufe if he truly counts as a Partey alternative. Partey is at a different level when it comes to advancing the ball. It'd be pretty good if we got both, actually, but I know that's not happening.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

EdZ2LcyXgAABrTu

His numbers don't look bad here - comparable to Guendouzi who's a pretty decent ball progresser himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom