• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...from each player on that pitch...I want every drop of sweat, every drop of blood, I want every ounce of energy you have...I want the absolute best of you all, left on that Wembley grass...I want number 14 brought home with us!

I54PNW4R2VE7PDCYMTNX7IB74U.jpg

31405556-8579827-image-a-18_1596186937472.jpg

EePlF8sWkAE8tuK

...do it for Arsène, Arteta.

COYG

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

...from each player on that pitch...I want every drop of sweat, every drop of blood, I want the absolute best of you all, left on that Wembley grass...I want number 14 brought home with us!

I54PNW4R2VE7PDCYMTNX7IB74U.jpg

31405556-8579827-image-a-18_1596186937472.jpg

EePlF8sWkAE8tuK

...do it for Arsène, Arteta.

COYG

This post got me HYPE! Let's go GUNNERS! This is our place, our cup and we NEED AND MUST WIN IT AGAIN!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In theory It should be a lot different to Baku. New manager demanding intensity and fight, formation where we actually look better defensively against top teams, the players being fired up after last year. Remember the majority of players who played last year are still here.

Chelsea have match winning quality and will control the game, thats the worrying part. If we go a goal down I can't see us getting back without conceding more.

Its going to be horrible to watch, but let's hope.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Imagine we‘re one goal down and the best midfield/attacking sub we have are Joe Willock and Eddie Nketiah.

Meanwhile two quality players in Guendouzi and Özil who could contribute are out of spite, frozen out.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Imagine we‘re one goal down and the best midfield/attacking sub we have are Joe Willock and Eddie Nketiah.

Meanwhile two quality players in Guendouzi and Özil who could contribute are out of spite, frozen out.
On the other hand, imagine Guendouzi and Özil starting and they just stroll around the pitch not giving two ****s, and we're playing 9 versus 11 and get done 6-0

Trofton

Opta stats
  • Arsenal are appearing in their 21st FA Cup final, more than any other side. Indeed, the Gunners have won the competition more often than any other side (13).
  • This will be the third time in the last four seasons that Arsenal will be ending their campaign against Chelsea, winning the 2017 FA Cup final and losing last season's Europa League final against the Blues in Baku.
  • Mikel Arteta is to become only the second man to manage Arsenal in an FA Cup final having also played for the Gunners in one, after George Graham. He could become the first person to win the FA Cup with as Arsenal as both a captain and a manager.
  • This will be the first FA Cup final managed by two men who both also played for their teams in an FA Cup final since 2012 (Roberto di Matteo vs Kenny Dalglish). Mikel Arteta won with Arsenal in 2014, while Frank Lampard played in five finals for the Blues, winning four. Indeed, Lampard's only FA Cup final defeat as a player was against Arsenal in 2002.
  • Frank Lampard will be the first English manager to take charge of Chelsea in a major cup final since Glenn Hoddle in the 1994 FA Cup, a 0-4 defeat against Manchester United. The last English manager to win a major trophy with Chelsea was Dave Sexton (1971 Cup Winner's Cup).
  • In FA Cup final history, there have been two players play for both clubs in a specific final fixture - Francis Birley played for Oxford University against Wanderers in 1873, and vice versa in 1877, while Jack Reynolds played for both Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion in the 1890s. Both Chelsea's Olivier Giroud and Arsenal's David Luiz could achieve this, having played for their opponents in the 2017 final.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Nervous excitement starting to kick in, going to be a long game.
Going 2-1 to the Arsenal and another trophy for the cabinet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom