• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s going to Napoli right? Lille already bought Botman from Ajax as a replacement. They wouldn’t do that if Gabriel wasn’t sold already.

Why the delay though? They announced Osimhen already

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why the delay though? They announced Osimhen already
That I don’t know, the deal with Ajax for Botman was communicated a month ago, to be made final once Gabriel was sold. When Botman was presented this week I figured that happened. Perhaps Lille just used the Osimhen money and is now auctioning off Gabriel with multiple clubs willing to offer their target price.

razörist

Why how much should he cost?
Not about the money, more about the age. We have plenty older guys and they are tough to get rid off. Dunk would sign probably a 4 year deal, if he doesn’t work out you’re stuck with him on big money until his deal runs out. Would prefer a defender in the 22-26 year old range.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not about the money, more about the age. We have plenty older guys and they are tough to get rid off. Dunk would sign probably a 4 year deal, if he doesn’t work out you’re stuck with him on big money until his deal runs out. Would prefer a defender in the 22-26 year old range.

Hes 28 so you would get 4 good years out of him. He has the experience to guide Saliba.

Obviously if you could get someone younger who offers the same quality you do it. But I think we need to look within the league rather than relying on a 19 year old who knows nothing about the league and maybe say a 24 year old from Germany or Italy who also knows nothing about the league.

With Ben White going back to Brighton after his loan, them maybe looking AMN and us not having huge funds going for a swap + say 10m may seem good.

Dunk along with Partey should make a big difference. Anyone else after that is a bonus.

razörist

Hes 28 so you would get 4 good years out of him. He has the experience to guide Saliba.

Obviously if you could get someone younger who offers the same quality you do it. But I think we need to look within the league rather than relying on a 19 year old who knows nothing about the league and maybe say a 24 year old from Germany or Italy who also knows nothing about the league.

With Ben White going back to Brighton after his loan, them maybe looking AMN and us not having huge funds going for a swap + say 10m may seem good.

Dunk along with Partey should make a big difference. Anyone else after that is a bonus.
He’s 29 in 3 months, honestly to old for me to pay a big fee for. He’s not going to have a Sergio Ramos like impact here, he’s a defender who’s done well at what realistically is a relegation candidate. He’s going to be asked to play a completely different game here, at 29 years old, is that really a risk you want to take?

And for the record I would never give them AMN, or any of our Hale End boys that are getting regular minutes. These guys are invaluable to have in your club.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He’s 29 in 3 months, honestly to old for me to pay a big fee for. He’s not going to have a Sergio Ramos like impact here, he’s a defender who’s done well at what realistically is a relegation candidate. He’s going to be asked to play a completely different game here, at 29 years old, is that really a risk you want to take?

And for the record I would never give them AMN, or any of our Hale End boys that are getting regular minutes. These guys are invaluable to have in your club.
This. I understand Dunk would be our best defender immediately but context is key. We have to be smarter in the market.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Yeah I see your points and I for one want to keep AMN. It's just if money is tight, it could represent a good opportunity to get an experienced but not past it defender in.

Saliba is unlikely to hit the ground running and may play cup and Europa league games in his first season.

Holding-Luiz-Mari-Chambers-Sokratis-Mustafi. Those players above just arent good enough for top 4. And that is the aim. We ideally sell Holding and Sokratis and buy a top CB. Who but is the question.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I see your points and I for one want to keep AMN. It's just if money is tight, it could represent a good opportunity to get an experienced but not past it defender in.

Saliba is unlikely to hit the ground running and may play cup and Europa league games in his first season.

Holding-Luiz-Mari-Chambers-Sokratis-Mustafi. Those players above just arent good enough for top 4. And that is the aim. We ideally sell Holding and Sokratis and buy a top CB. Who but is the question.

Saliba - Dunk looks terrible on paper. This is what I mean by spending 20-40M on pointless signings that hardly improve us. Dunk is quite literally a similar player to Mari but he just has way more PL experience.

All we need to do is buy a top class CB, top class CM, top class creative player and thats it for this window. Wouldnt cost the earth after sales either.

Dunk is the sort of signing Everton make. Someone who doesn't really improve them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dunk is quite literally a similar player to Mari but he just has way more PL experience.

Isn't this a big positive though?

We know Dunk can play well in England, only issue with him is if he can play for a "bigger" team...we don't know anything about Mari yet.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Isn't this a big positive though?

We know Dunk can play well in England, only issue with him is if he can play for a "bigger" team...we don't know anything about Mari yet.

We've bought Mari now, it's too late, no point spending loads on another guy who might or might not work for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dunk is not similar to Mari at all. One has been playing in the best league in the world and holding his own, while the other couldn’t get a kick at any club he has ever been at and had to move to Brazil.

Physically Dunk is bigger, stronger, quicker etc.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Dunk is not similar to Mari at all. One has been playing in the best league in the world and holding his own, while the other couldn’t get a kick at any club he has ever been at and had to move to Brazil.

Physically Dunk is bigger, stronger, quicker etc.
I'm not convinced with Mari tbh. Havent seen him play much but looks to slow but thats the thing, why sign him permanently when he hasn't played much

TornadoTed

Established Member
Tim Vickery who I trust with most things regarding football on the continent regarded Mari as the 2nd best defender in South America. It's debatable if Dunk is even the 2nd best defender on the South coast.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba - Dunk looks terrible on paper. This is what I mean by spending 20-40M on pointless signings that hardly improve us. Dunk is quite literally a similar player to Mari but he just has way more PL experience.

All we need to do is buy a top class CB, top class CM, top class creative player and thats it for this window. Wouldnt cost the earth after sales either.

Dunk is the sort of signing Everton make. Someone who doesn't really improve them.

Who do we go for then? Another foreign player who is either inexperienced or will have to adapt to the PL?

We have young players and talent. What we need is some players who are experienced but not past it. Partey and Dunk would be good solid purchases for the next 3-4 years.

By then other younger players have developed.

We arent attracting nor paying for a 60/70m defender.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not convinced with Mari tbh. Havent seen him play much but looks to slow but thats the thing, why sign him permanently when he hasn't played much
I don’t know anything about him either, he could be Paolo Maldini. I’m just going by his CV and the 2/3 looks we’ve had of him.

His CV says he is 27 and done absolutely nothing in top flight football. Physically looks like he plays in treacle.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Tim Vickery who I trust with most things regarding football on the continent regarded Mari as the 2nd best defender in South America. It's debatable if Dunk is even the 2nd best defender on the South coast.

Mari wasnt up against Agueros/Aubas etc every week. Plus wasnt Mari playing for the best team in Brazil meaning he probably got it quite easy most games. The bits I seen from him were not impressive. Too slow for the PL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What does 2nd best defender in South America mean though? Tim Vickery is a legend btw.

We wanted Dunk 3/4 years ago but were quoted 40M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom