• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not convinced by Mari either from what little I've seen but I actually think at present when everyone is fit Arteta will start him next season due to him seeming to always want a left footer on the left side. Probably rotate Saliba/Luiz is what I'd guess next to Mari. Not convinced we'll sign any defenders unless we stick with the back 3.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
VVD is 5 months older than Dunk. I dont hear too many Liverpool fans complaining. You would get 3-4 good years out of him.

My point was that as Brighton have Ben White back from loan they may feel a decent offer for Dunk could be worth taking.

Also they have expressed an interest in AMN who I would keep however if he says I want to leave Arsenal then it could be a decent swap. We do lose a useful squad player but gain a solid PL proven defender who's captain of his team. Put that in beside Saliba and you may have a good defence with Partey in front. We have a CB and CM for around 55m + AMN.

I'm sick of signing defenders who are unproven in the PL.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who do we go for then? Another foreign player who is either inexperienced or will have to adapt to the PL?

We have young players and talent. What we need is some players who are experienced but not past it. Partey and Dunk would be good solid purchases for the next 3-4 years.

By then other younger players have developed.

We arent attracting nor paying for a 60/70m defender.

This is why we kept Luiz on. Saliba won't be starting with any new CB we sign, its a long term partnership build. Breaking both saliba and said new CB in throughout next season. It will be Luiz next to Saliba and if we play a 3 against top teams then you can do more with it.

@GDeep™ dunk is one of the slowest players in the Premier league he is on the exact same level as Mari physically. I believe they're the same height as well. They both have very similar traits.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
VVD is 5 months older than Dunk. I dont hear too many Liverpool fans complaining. You would get 3-4 good years out of him.

My point was that as Brighton have Ben White back from loan they may feel a decent offer for Dunk could be worth taking.

Also they have expressed an interest in AMN who I would keep however if he says I want to leave Arsenal then it could be a decent swap. We do lose a useful squad player but gain a solid PL proven defender who's captain of his team. Put that in beside Saliba and you may have a good defence with Partey in front.

VVD is also 100x better than Dunk ffs.

No matter what point you make we shouldn't be going near Dunk he is simply not good enough :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
VVD is also 100x better than Dunk ffs.

No matter what point you make we shouldn't be going near Dunk he is simply not good enough :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well put forward a name. Put your neck out on the line and give me an experience CB who we should sign who will strengthen us.

My point about VVD wasnt about ability. It was about age. If Dunk is too old so is VVD.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He done OK playing against Salah, Frimino & Mane in the club World Cup.

That's one game. Based on 1 game Holding is world class (Chelsea 2017), Luiz is world class (City FA cup). Probably Senderos had 1 lethal game for us.

Hes been a professional football for years and hasnt made much of a name for himself.

Shalmaneser V

I don’t know anything about him either, he could be Paolo Maldini. I’m just going by his CV and the 2/3 looks we’ve had of him.

His CV says he is 27 and done absolutely nothing in top flight football. Physically looks like he plays in treacle.

You’re going on like Mari has been playing in the Azerbaijani second division. He’s been a key player in a highly successful Brazilian club side which won the Copa Libertadores and pushed Liverpool all the way in the World club Cup final playing under one of the best European football coaches around.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not convinced with Mari tbh. Havent seen him play much but looks to slow but thats the thing, why sign him permanently when he hasn't played much
Mari deal was always a permanent transfer. A friend knows one of the lawyers who worked on the transfer. We probably did it that way for accounting reasons.

That suggests we signed Mari as a starter, if not then it means we signed someone specifically to be a backup. Which is stupid.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
You’re going on like Mari has been playing in the Azerbaijani second division. He’s been a key player in a highly successful Brazilian club side which won the Copa Libertadores and pushed Liverpool all the way in the World club Cup final playing under one of the best European football coaches around.
But still no justification of signing him on a permanent basis. We could've got better options

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well put forward a name. Put your neck out on the line and give me an experience CB who we should sign who will strengthen us.

My point about VVD wasnt about ability. It was about age. If Dunk is too old so is VVD.

Your point is... pointless. It should be age + ability. Id be happy for us to sign Dunk at 29 years of age if he had the ability of a VVD. But he doesnt, and hes actually quite average. If you just want PL experience then Ake, Soyuncu, Diop, Mings are all better options.

From other leagues Diego Carlos, Upamecano, Skriniar and even Gabriel offer better value for money.

The plan is clearly to sign a CB this summer, give him the premier league experience with Luiz next season and then slowly bed Saliba in.

We have only ever signed one CB for 20M or more right? There really isn't an argument for continously buying terrible CB's from abroad for big money because we never do.

Shalmaneser V

Also they have expressed an interest in AMN who I would keep however if he says I want to leave Arsenal then it could be a decent swap. We do lose a useful squad player but gain a solid PL proven defender who's captain of his team. Put that in beside Saliba and you may have a good defence with Partey in front. We have a CB and CM for around 55m + AMN.

Would much rather take Ben White off Brighton tbh. They can keep Dunk.

Jae

29 is practically 40 in AM terms :lol:

Just waiting for the "He's closer to 39 than he is to 19" comments to roll in.

Goonger

That's one game. Based on 1 game Holding is world class (Chelsea 2017), Luiz is world class (City FA cup). Probably Senderos had 1 lethal game for us.

Hes been a professional football for years and hasnt made much of a name for himself.

But you seem to be judging him based on what, 2 and a half games?

We didn't sign him on the basis of 1 game, we signed him because he has stature, was left footed, was used to playing in a high line system in Brazil, a system in which he was the leader of the defence. He at least deserves a run in the side before people properly judge him.

Shalmaneser V

Mari deal was always a permanent transfer. A friend knows one of the lawyers who worked on the transfer. We probably did it that way for accounting reasons.

That suggests we signed Mari as a starter, if not then it means we signed someone specifically to be a backup. Which is stupid.

Why is signing someone to be a backup stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom