• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

That get Emery to stabilizing the ship bullshit is still one of thing that annoys me. Got verbally abused here for saying it was not the right way to go for us. Some people just don't have a clue about life or football.

Yeah the Emery bumgang is a stain on this forum (you know who you are).

Sometimes I think people need to talk more about what the reality is instead of trying to put a positive spin on everything. People championing Emery last year just to be positive and get trusted status just make so many opinions wrong and make people look like they just don't have a clue at all about football.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
When Ivory Coast won the African Cup in 2015, I heard Gervinho flat out refused to take a pen and demanded to be subbed off before the shootout :lol:

He actually sat in a chair during the shootout and faced the other way because he couldn't bear to watch.

Sometimes I wonder how some of these guys became pro footballers.

Think of the amount of discipline, determination, hard work and sacrifice needed to make a career out of kicking a ball around a field.

Then you hear a story like this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think the FA said they are allowing clubs to opt out of the Community Shield next season, really hope we don't as I want to be seeing this again soon...

mikel-arteta-of-arsenal-lifts-the-community-shield-as-winners-after-picture-id525822342

:drool:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sometimes I wonder how some of these guys became pro footballers.

Think of the amount of discipline, determination, hard work and sacrifice needed to make a career out of kicking a ball around a field.

Then you hear a story like this.
Pro sports is tough, only sociopaths really thrive at the highest level. I don’t think we have any idea the toll it takes on some of them they are only human. Gervinho was an extreme case but it makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That get Emery to stabilizing the ship bullshit is still one of thing that annoys me. Got verbally abused here for saying it was not the right way to go for us. Some people just don't have a clue about life or football.
For what it’s worth, I never hated him and I don’t think he’s a bad manager.
Wasn’t right for this club or this country for that matter, his personality didn’t come through.

I expect him to do much better now that he’s back at Spain.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

For what it’s worth, I never hated him and I don’t think he’s a bad manager.
Wasn’t right for this club or this country for that matter, his personality didn’t come through.

I expect him to do much better now that he’s back at Spain.
He was and is a good coach, just not right for us. Wish him best of luck in Spain again. With Arteta we now hopefully have a star in the making. All good!

Gegen Pressing

Way into theory land, there is this saying that great players don't make great managers.

Mikel was a merely a junior at Barca but never made it to the first team, not good enough.... Well we might just have a great manager in the making.

A real Klopp killer ;-)

Manberg

Predator
Way into theory land, there is this saying that great players don't make great managers.

Mikel was a merely a junior at Barca but never made it to the first team, not good enough.... Well we might just have a great manager in the making.

A real Klopp killer ;-)

He was a very good player. Came at a time when it was hard for midfielders to break through at their club because of all the talent they had.

He went to PSG and played a full season there, with Ronaldinho.
MZJKfNy_d.jpg

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He was a very good player. Came at a time when it was hard for midfielders to break through at their club because of all the talent they had.

He went to PSG and played a full season there, with Ronaldinho.
MZJKfNy_d.jpg
One of the most steady and dependable midfielders of the premier league era. Absolute slander from @Gegen Pressing. Mikel was a great player in his day.

9jagooner

In retro, since the return of football, seems like we have found a way to beat teams in the top 6. The team still struggles against the lower teams though.

Makes sense because the lower teams won't come out and play and hence we can't hit them on a counter. We need to find a way to beat both sides of the table.

Let's see what we do in the transfer window. For now, enjoy the FA Cup success!

Community shield in about 4 weeks!

Top Bottom