• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
According to the PL website, Leno has played 62 PL games (26W, 20D, 16L) with 13 clean sheets and 81 goals conceded, with 7 errors leading to goals. 21% clean sheets.

Emi has played 15 PL games (8W, 1D, 6L), 6 clean sheets, 16 goals conceded, but 0 errors leading to goals. 40% clean sheets.

In Leno's defence, the team is currently defending a lot better than they have been particularly this season. However, Leno has only made 5 more high claims than Emi despite the difference in games played, seemingly favouring the wild punch instead. Which is fine to clear the lines, but it invites more pressure, unlike securing the ball and playing out calmly from the back.

The teams defending better in part because of Martinez

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Now do a shots per game comparison because Leno was getting bombarded with 20-30 shots a game even from bum squads under Emery

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He got very emotional in the interview when asked about his family. Is there a personal story somewhere?
He was a very very poor kid from Mar del Plata that got recruited at a very young age by Independiente de Avellaneda (arguably the best GK academy in the country) he is living outside his town and his family since he was like 9.
Its a success story, the guy fought for his spot on this team for almost 11 years.
He never left permanently because of Arsène, he told him that one day he was going to be Arsenal No 1 keeper.
in tears right now.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

For us as fans, we can often minimize moments like this after they pass because we want so much more... CL, prem etc. One thing is for certain, Emi will keep this moment for the rest of his life. What a story and shows us all that sometimes all you need is an opportunity.

Manberg

Predator
13:00 Martinez: I don't care about the money

Don't know what the subject was but what a guy. Love that.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You backing him to become Argentina number 1 too?
Wow I didn't think of that, considering they have poor keepers surely Emi will get it sooner rather than later.

If this feels good then imagine representing your country at a WC.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He is the better keeper...that is obvious. Hopefully Arteta keeps with Merit based performance.

They were team mates when Arteta was playing for us. Also mates off the field, dinner at each others houses etc. Arteta's wife is Argentinian so they are all friends. I'm not saying this gives him any preferential treatment but when he has earned the No1 spot with his performances it would be really hard for Arteta to take it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom