• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,039

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

As I see it, I'd be okay if it means we can loan out our youngsters. They really need consistent football and if it's the case I'll view Willian's cost as protecting the development of our assets. No confirmation bias at all here...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kia, Cedric, Mari, Willian, Luiz, Edu etc.

Everybody associated with Kia have got nice deals at Arsenal. Who would’ve give Cedric a 4 year deal? Which top club were signing Mari? Who is giving Willian 3 years?

Getting taken to the cleaners here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Those posts were from weeks ago though, not today. Some I plucked from straight after the Covid restart. He hasn’t rejected anything.

Weird comparison anyway, if we thought Bergkamp was past it at 32 we would say so, no? Like Vieira, he was past it no? We were happy to see him go and Cesc takeover, despite Vieira being the greatest ever.

It’s more about fan perception. They automatically see a club willing to let a player go or not try everything to retain them as a bad thing, especially when they’re older. At 32 Pires was only offered a one year extension but he wanted two and left to go to Villarreal. He wasn’t **** at the time and if he stayed he would’ve still had a part to play in the squad. He didn’t become trash or a reject because we were willing to let him go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Isn't that the issue? A huge outlay on wages for a back-up, that's the issue with Kolasinac/Sokratis etc. Not a good look for a club that seems to cry poverty when the window opens.

I guess. Could also be Laca leaving and a front 3 of Willian - Auba - Pepe.

Idk man, but also people need to remember this...

Could just be getting used. There's no way we offer him a 3 or 4 year deal at his age on huge wages. Just won't happen.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

RwDBuHI.png

tbf he compares pretty well to both Grealish and Zaha (both of which are better at progressing the ball though)

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully this is us putting pressure on Barca to subsidize the lion's share of Coutinho's wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom