• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,922

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Brazilians abroad over 30 almost always decline really fast/lose all motivation. Basically throwing money away at this point imo.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not on a free, thats why this is a good deal. To get a player with his PL experience and input you'd have to spend far more than his 3 years of wages just on the fee!

We wont know how successful it is until the next couple of years. My question is, is he being signed to be in the first 11. Or as a squad player. That's a crystal clear question and one easily answered.

Sancho is signing for United to be a starter. Matic extended his contract to be a squad player. Werner signed for Chelsea as a starter. Its clarity on his role.

Willian making himself basically unavailable for the cup final. Saying no deal to a good contract for 2 years with Chelsea the team he has represented for years to go to a rival just because they are offering you a longer contract. One that no player at 32 generally gets unless they are elite. Sum that character up. Does that sound like a player motivated by football?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seen it when it came out and really enjoyed it. One of the better zombie movies.
Just today some guy posted a review of Peninsula, the sequel to Train to Busan, on reddit and he said what I felt when watching the trailers.

There are a few reviews from critics online and they're not so great.
There's also a prequel that's an animated movie called Seoul Station and it's a more grim story than the smash hit that was Train.

Are you familiar with Hong Jin-Na's filmography? All killer, no filler. The wailing is his masterpiece and The chaser is one of the best crime thrillers I've seen.

Damn not familiar, will definitely check out

200.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Does anybody know how Old Pirlo was when he signed for Juventus.

Go and research it.

Whether you guys like it or not, get used to the idea of Willian signing. He's a (MUCH) better version of Iwobi and we miss a creative ball carrier.
I am not as negative as many when it comes to Willian but comparing him to Pirlo is strange, two completely different players. Pirlo had an awareness,vision and passing ability that was possibly the best in the world which would always make him able to do stay at a high level. Willian is a compltely different player who is/was quick, explosive and could beat players.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pirlo was a completely different player. Similar to Xavi. Similar to David Silva. Never relied on physical ability. Didnt have to run too much. Had runners around him and he just controlled the game from deeper positions. He didnt have to make lung busting runs and track flying fullbacks.

But, the consensus seems to be that over 30 is too old. I'm not comparing the playing styles of Willian and Pirlo. It just seems odd when we are all so desperate to get Aubameyang on a new contract.

truth_hurts

I am not as negative as many when it comes to Willian but comparing him to Pirlo is strange, two completely different players. Pirlo had an awareness,vision and passing ability that was possibly the best in the world which would always make him able to do stay at a high level. Willian is a compltely different player who is/was quick, explosive and could beat players.

I never saw acceleration as one of Willians major attributes. He had it yes, he still has the ability to shift between his feet and open up space.

I don't worry about hik physically.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The reasons I'm not thrilled about this are the reported wages and how it realistically means we won't be signing someone promising in attack

I'm sure he'll put in some performances for us

truth_hurts

Why are people mentioning Sancho and Werner when bringing up Willian?

At least compare our rivals main summer business to our mean business. I don't see anybody comparing the Mari signing to Nathan Ake. Willian walks into our first team and he's a free.

I'd actually rather Coutinho, Lemar, Zaha, Douglas Costa, O.Dembele or Coman, but Willian is proven in this league and is coming off the back of a strong season. Oh, he's available on a free transfer as well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But, the consensus seems to be that over 30 is too old. I'm not comparing the playing styles of Willian and Pirlo. It just seems odd when we are all so desperate to get Aubameyang on a new contract.

The consensus isnt that over 30 is done. The consensus is paying a 32 year old squad player 140k a week for 3 years is stupid.

The idea is if a player is willing to walk away from a club who has given him everything for 1 more year when really it isnt normal and go to a rival it shows the type of player he is. Not one you want in the war with you.

Auba is a goal machine. Strikers can alter their game. He can do a Jamie Vardy and run less but still with his movement be in the right place at the right time.

I mentioned other potential signings because theres a clear idea. First team player or squad player.

What is Willian? First team? In what position? If he isnt and he is a squad player we are going to play a bench warmer 140k a week?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Pirlo was a completely different player. Similar to Xavi. Similar to David Silva. Never relied on physical ability. Didnt have to run too much. Had runners around him and he just controlled the game from deeper positions. He didnt have to make lung busting runs and track flying fullbacks.
Quite right. The closest recent signing to this was probably Mkhitaryan and we all know how that's panned out.

Willian has been a good, not a great, player and he is past his best. If he benches Saka and/or Nelson who then go on to leave it will be a wonderful piece of subversion from Chelsea. They should pay us to take the guy.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Brazilians abroad over 30 almost always decline really fast/lose all motivation. Basically throwing money away at this point imo.
Except they don't. Lucio, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Roberto Carlos, Ze Roberto, Marcelo, Cafu, Rivaldo, Nene, Juninho, Gilberto Silva, Emerson and Ronaldo kept playing at the highest level well into their 30's, so what you're saying is bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom