• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Anyone else worried that Ceballos not staying and Willian coming ina re linked. Ceballos seemed fairly committed up to a couple fo weeks ago about the time we started getting linked to Willian and suddenly it goes quiet on him staying.

Willian primarily plays on the right, normally on the wing but we have Pepe on the wing who wont be dropped but we do have a place for the right side of midfield a bit farther forward.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Anyone else worried that Ceballos not staying and Willian coming ina re linked. Ceballos seemed fairly committed up to a couple fo weeks ago about the time we started getting linked to Willian and suddenly it goes quiet on him staying.

Willian primarily plays on the right, normally on the wing but we have Pepe on the wing who wont be dropped but we do have a place for the right side of midfield a bit farther forward.
No, not at all. The two players can’t be compared.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Don't see why the teo deals would be linked to be honest. Neither player plays in a similar role.

We need more ball players in our team and both Ceballos and Willian are good technically.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'm lost, Ceballos has played on the right side of midfield for us... Willian plays on the right side of midfield or right wing. Pepe appears to be our right winger with Nelson as backup... we could play Willian on the left wing but he only rarely plays there afaik so where is Willian going to play? Thats why I could see the 2 transfers being connected very easily.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm lost, Ceballos has played on the right side of midfield for us... Willian plays on the right side of midfield or right wing. Pepe appears to be our right winger with Nelson as backup... we could play Willian on the left wing but he only rarely plays there afaik so where is Willian going to play? Thats why I could see the 2 transfers being connected very easily.

Willian has played iften throughout his carrer on left as well right wing and sometimes AMC too. I think Willian will bery liekly be on the LW.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Willian has played iften throughout his carrer on left as well right wing and sometimes AMC too. I think Willian will bery liekly be on the LW.

Really I thought he only played on the left the odd time, I need to talk to someone who follows Chelsea to see. Like I could see it happening that he plays on the left but it seems odd to sign someone who predominantly plays on the right to play on the left.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I've changed my mind on Ceballos. After his first wonderful game he got less and less effective and influential and he looked as if he'd failed to settle in and lost interest. I'd have sent him back in January.

Now he has become an important player and if the money isn't stupid he should stay. As for Willian, it's the type of move we don't need, a step back. We don't need to be a retirement home for superannuated players from our rivals, taking up squad places and budgets which are better used with young players from the academy or taking a punt on transfers.

Kysus

?????
Ceballos operates in complety different areas of the pitch, having a complety different task and skill set.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good footballer. Him, Özil, Partey and Willian looking up just once, with Saka and Luiz on the pitch could see some really sexy football.

Let's get rid of Özil from the convo, they're all hard working as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bro Ceballos has been playing like a number 6 for us, a sitting midfielder, a centre mid.

Willian plays on the wing in the attacking line, which is basically 2 positions up the pitch to where Ceballos has been playing for us recently.

Completely different skill sets too, Ceballos proved to us that he isnt a final third player, he's good building from deep.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Bro Ceballos has been playing like a number 6 for us, a sitting midfielder, a centre mid.

Willian plays on the wing in the attacking line, which is basically 2 positions up the pitch to where Ceballos has been playing for us recently.

Completely different skill sets too, Ceballos proved to us that he isnt a final third player, he's good building from deep.

But given Arteta wants to play a more possession based game AND Ceballos sees himself as between the holding and attacking midfielder AND Willian played that role quite a bit AND Willian canat play left wing because Pepe is there I think in a limited transfer budget they ight eb seen as somewhat interchangable.

Bloodbather

Established Member

But given Arteta wants to play a more possession based game AND Ceballos sees himself as between the holding and attacking midfielder AND Willian played that role quite a bit AND Willian canat play left wing because Pepe is there I think in a limited transfer budget they ight eb seen as somewhat interchangable.

What are you on about? Willian has never played that central midfield role between holding and attacking mid - he's always been an attacking midfielder be it left, center or right. And Pépé is a right-winger, not left. Ceballos and Willian have about as much to do with each other as Xhaka and Saka do.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
What are you on about? Willian has never played that central midfield role between holding and attacking mid - he's always been an attacking midfielder be it left, center or right. And Pépé is a right-winger, not left. Ceballos and Willian have about as much to do with each other as Xhaka and Saka do.

I meant right winger clearly mistyped... dont be so fkin pedantic, which means that he isnt playing on the right wing. SO where can he play... in the right midfield position pushed farther forward than Ceballos has been this year. There is an overlap in positions. I can't see Arteta playing Willian as the lone attacking midfielder.

Like he can play on the left wing but its not his most played position. Like if he is coming in to play in the left wing position fair enough but I dont see him starting at right wing... and if Ceballos stays where does he play? And thats ignoring the Coutinho links.

Makavelii

Monstar - it’s clear you don’t know a thing about football dude. This isn’t FIFA on your Xbox. You can’t just interchange completely different players like that. Especially when trying to pay a certain system like Arteta is doing.

We can all guarantee that Arteta isn’t thinking like you are at all on this, thank god.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
For those who watched the Bayern game, check what Thiago did the whole game. Ceballos is trying to do that I recon, bit there is a world of difference when the player who do that is technically gifted like Thiago. Like Santi as well... He can clean away the whole pressure with only one movement and a oriented control of the first touch.

Hope Dani keeps upgrading his game to reach that!

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Dani and Willian are essentially one player?

giphy.gif

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos will play alongside Xhaka or Partey (if he does comes) in midfield, Willian will play further up than that.
The two deals are not linked.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What’s the latest on him staying? Gone a bit quiet. If he goes we have to sign another CM on top of a Partey type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom