• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,001

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Everton are signing 36 yo Ivanovic. Somehow they always manage to out-Arsenal us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Jesus Christ 50 pages on Willian.

Chelsea get Ziyech, United want Sancho and our long term technical plan involves yet another Chelsea reject.

Willian is better than Ziyech and Sancho would beat our transfer record by 50m. I'd rather get Willian on a free than some guy who has done nothing outside of a farmers league.

Sancho is a brilliant signing, but we have too many holes in our team to spend 100m on one position.

Compare Ziyech to Pepe, not Willian. For the record Willian, Pepe, Saka, Aubameyang, Nelson and Martinelli can stand up to pretty much any of our rivals options and potential.

BobP

Memri Fan
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-offer-three-year-deal-to-willian-xzm3qxdnq

tenor.gif

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Meh it's not really about how good he still is for me. It's not like he's **** so I can accept he will be useful for at least 1 season but it's the precedent. Massive contract for someone clearly looking just to cash in when we should be managing our wage situation. I'm sick of signing Chelsea players. Another Kia client being thrust on us. I think it's weird to turn a blind eye to all that - he's good but not nearly good enough for it to be worth it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Willian is better than Ziyech and Sancho would beat our transfer record by 50m. I'd rather get Willian on a free than some guy who has done nothing outside of a farmers league.

Sancho is a brilliant signing, but we have too many holes in our team to spend 100m on one position.

Compare Ziyech to Pepe, not Willian. For the record Willian, Pepe, Saka, Aubameyang, Nelson and Martinelli can stand up to pretty much any of our rivals options and potential.
Willian is not better than Ziyech, what are you on about?! Think by now it should be clear to anyone after all his great CL performances.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So his wage is far from being crazy.

I like this deal. Willian has been one of the best Chelsea offensive player over the years. Money will be short so it's not like we could buy a younger hyped player for a big amount. But we still need quality forward, and experience.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Also says our offer isn’t the the highest salary, guess he’s not coming here for money either..

Goonger

What a bunch of greetin faced pussies in here. Can you guys not recognise....we have little money. Its alright saying spend £25M on this player as he's younger, & £25M on that player..... but I repeat.... We have very little money!!

Our top target is Partey, & we'll struggle to raise the £45M for that! Feckin judge the window in context and as a whole!

Idiots worrying about Willian in year 3, if he helps get us top 4 or to win the Europa League in year 1 or 2 then he more than pays that off! People moaning about Coutinho potentially coming on loan - "why are no other big clubs in for him"? Wanting Buendia instead (who I like by the way), where is the list of big clubs knocking down Norwich's door now they are relegated?!

People saying Aubameyang must stay, & then thinking a guy from Norwich or Brentford will persuade him over a guy from Chelsea & a guy from Barcelona.

People praising our kids & academy & worried they will get blocked, but want to sign younger guys that will block them even more!

I like Buendia, I like Benrahma, I think they would make good signings, but I'm not crying into my cornflakes over them & the prospect of Willian & Coutinho instead.

Get a grip people!!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What a bunch of greetin faced pussies in here. Can you guys not recognise....we have little money. Its alright saying spend £25M on this player as he's younger, & £25M on that player..... but I repeat.... We have very little money!!

Our top target is Partey, & we'll struggle to raise the £45M for that! Feckin judge the window in context and as a whole!

Idiots worrying about Willian in year 3, if he helps get us top 4 or to win the Europa League in year 1 or 2 then he more than pays that off! People moaning about Coutinho potentially coming on loan - "why are no other big clubs in for him"? Wanting Buendia instead (who I like by the way), where is the list of big clubs knocking down Norwich's door now they are relegated?!

People saying Aubameyang must stay, & then thinking a guy from Norwich or Brentford will persuade him over a guy from Chelsea & a guy from Barcelona.

People praising our kids & academy & worried they will get blocked, but want to sign younger guys that will block them even more!

I like Buendia, I like Benrahma, I think they would make good signings, but I'm not crying into my cornflakes over them & the prospect of Willian & Coutinho instead.

Get a grip people!!

@Usualgimpsquad

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Willian is not better than Ziyech, what are you on about?! Think by now it should be clear to anyone after all his great CL performances.

Willians best games this year have come in the CL. Absolutely ran the show vs Lille and Valencia and carved Ajax up when Chelsea came back from 4-1 down.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm happy with this signing but we need to wait on the details of it, it will become a bad signing for me if its a four year deal (even if 4th is an option) and on 200k.

Willian for me was one of chelsea's best performer last season, hes technically at the level that Arteta wants in the team and we have Saka, Nelson and Martinelli coming thru on the wings so if he cant play every three days at the age of 34 then we will still have solid options that we can rotate with.

This is a good point I suppose, we just need a deeper squad. Our schedule is going to be so brutal next season, especially with EL. Look at our attack and you have the senior players Auba, Laca and Pepe, and beyond that we just have kids. Now they might be good kids, they could be great kids, but they're still kids who'll have ups and downs. We need a senior attacker just for rotation.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah thats bullshit, the ref carved Ajax open, don’t trigger me, you know what you’re doing.

Once Ajax went down to 9 he really started pulling the strings.

Don’t know how that’s a controversial comment, clear case to be made that he’s Chelsea’s best player.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

In Willians last two CL seasons he contributed with 8 goals/assists while Ziyech, in his last two CL seasons, contributed with 13 goals/assists. Not a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom