• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
It's funny when I read such a statement, because a year ago he was our POTY and now, when we had a dreadful season with a dreadful midfield, he's not good enough.
I find that quite contradictory, with all things considered.
Another guy in the same team plays with the same dreadful midfield you know:lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You basically pointed out some of the weaknesses of the guy you're trying to defend
I pointed out that the team is working to serve the faster guy who is excused of any defensive duties.
If Laca is played right and by that I mean him staying in the box instead of playing like a midfielder, with others supplying him, you'd see a different story, but he hasn't been played like it says on the tin, so his output isn't as good as it was at Lyon.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Come off it, man. You were making all sorts of delusional claims and comparisons. You're out of your depth.
How? All I want is to replace Lacazette with a better striker. I'm not saying anything crazy or offensive, I'm simply asking for an upgrade for an area I consider to be a weakness. We finished 8th and our spine is very weak. Our rivals are spending big. How can I be okay with Lacazette being my starting striker when our rivals have at least 2 or 3 players in their starting line ups who can score 20 goals. Even Liverpool, the team that almost broke every record want to replace Firmino.
They are people saying we should upgrade on Xhaka, Mustafi, Bellerin, etc. It's differing opinions, we as Arsenal fans are not a monolith. What I am saying does not make me crazy. Before his little pick up in form, a lot of Arsenal fans wanted to sell Lacazette. I'm sorry if I offended you but I won't apologise for wanting better for my club.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah that's fair enough. But if we do end up selling him, centre forward becomes a crucial position. I think it's quite clear now Arteta see's Auba as a wide forward, and we can't go into the season with Eddie as the only number 9. Think Edouard is one to keep an eye on for later in the window.

Édouard looks phenomenal. I think it will be tough to prise him away from Celtic with them going for a record 10th title. Maybe they would go for a Saliba type deal where he goes back on loan for 12 months.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
How? All I want is to replace Lacazette with a better striker. I'm not saying anything crazy or offensive, I'm simply asking for an upgrade for an area I consider to be a weakness.
If you think Laca is a weakness considering everything else that doesn't work in this team, then you're clueless.
Getting better suppliers and people to shield our own half are the real weaknesses.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If you think Laca is a weakness considering everything else that doesn't work in this team, then you're clueless.
Getting better suppliers and people to shield our own half are the real weaknesses.
Why is Lacazette not considered a weakness? Why do you think Arteta was benching him for Eddie? I have spoken about other issues in other sections of this forum from Xhaka to the age profiles of our squad to Mustafi and Luiz. I literally have an opinion of loads of players, you can go look them up. I never said that Lacazette is all of our problems but he is ONE of the them. We are the 8th highest scoring team in the league with 56 goals. Surely that's a concern for you. We have the 7th best defence in the league so maybe we fair a bit better defensively than we do in attack. However, the attack, midfield and defence needs to be worked on because it's all mid table quality.
Yes, we can improve our creativity but you could give Lacazette a peak Özil and Fabregas behind him and he's not scoring 20 goals in the Premier League. If you believe that he could then I don't know what to say. I don't care about his record in Lyon, he's too small, nonathletic and slow to be a 20 goal-scoring striker.

senna

Gone are the days when strikers at top clubs can just stay in the box & waiting to be supplied by crosses without any involvement in build up play.

Laca has to go, his record is comparable to Giroud's at Arsenal and that wasn't good enough.

senna

Gone are the days when strikers at top clubs can just stay in the box & waiting to be supplied by crosses without any involvement in build up play.

Laca has to go, his record is comparable to Giroud's at Arsenal and that wasn't good enough.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who would buy Laca though? Juve were rumoured but it's more likely they go for Milik. The only replacement i'm really down for is Edouard, and it could be a real ball-ache getting him out of Celtic this summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why is Lacazette not considered a weakness? Why do you think Arteta was benching him for Eddie?
Fitness obviously. Think it’s quite clear what our strongest eleven is.

Lacazette has come out and said he was carrying an injury for a lot of the season. He’s also said that he has to work very hard under Arteta and it affects the goal numbers. Despite that, the Lacazette we’ve seen in recent weeks is the same one we saw last season. Can be improved on yes, but more than good enough to be the second top scorer in a CL team.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

In fairness to Lacazette he has upped his game considerably in recent weeks. Dropping deep and playing passes. Holding it up and not to mention a smashed against Sp**s.

if Arteta feels he is working enough for him and worthy of a spot next season I trust his judgement. At the same time if be feels he can do better than I trust his judgement as well.

senna

Not sure Arteta really wants him, thinking he's just trying to avoid a Conte-Diego Costa type event where we depress the price. Agree he's been better in recent weeks but no time for sentiment we need to move him on while we can.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not a bad player. In fact, he's good. Has no stand out attribute though. I used to think it was finishing, but we don't doninate possession anymore or create loads of chances.

I'd choose selling him over a bumper new deal.

Kysus

Not a bad player. In fact, he's good. Has no stand out attribute though. I used to think it was finishing, but we don't doninate possession anymore or create loads of chances.

I'd choose selling him over a bumper new deal.
Agreed

Also has to be said that our current setup is made to sacrifice Laca(drpping really deep, pulling defenders out, always receiving balls in between midfield and attack to supply others)

Wouldn't even call that false 9 anymore either, has been asked to play a hardworking 10 tbh

Top Bottom