• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,909

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s rare you get a good loan for his type of player. He’s not physical and doesn’t have the legs that these teams like. Skipp at Sp**s is in a similar boat, teams lower down the leagues prefer the likes of Olayinka and Sheaf to smaller CMs. So saying that I think any type of loan is good for him.

I think our u23s are going to be really inexperienced this year, I’ll miss most of the season though sadly!
Easy!

Loans to a Spanish team.
You will learn a lot of skills and techniques.
And a player as talented as Matt Smith will come back like a xavi/iniesta.

Get Roca, give them Matt Smith for loan.
Win for both clubs, win for both players, win for both agents. God I am a genius.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interested to see what we do with Tyreece John-Jules. I think he is the closest player to the first-team currently. Needs a loan with a lot of game time and at a level that stretches him.
Could go to the Championship, although he had it tougher than he perhaps expected at League One. Very interested to see what happens with him aswell.

Brilliant the picture of Saka, Willock, Nketiah, and Nelson with the cap: From Hale End to Wembley.

And they all played their part! Its show that we can focus on using the brilliant work Hale End has been doing and have more local players in part of our success!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wanted to talk about some of the articles Jeorge Bird posted in the last few days.
The 2nd years will be of huge interest because of how many of the U23s will potentially go on loan. It's possible that a good chunk of them will be handed deals just so they make up places in the U23 team. The 3 defenders (Oyegoke, Kirk, Ogungbo) will most certainly get deals, but I'm really intrigued to see what happens with Taylor-Hart. I'm a big fan of him, and because of his injury he's gone way under the radar. He's fairly unique in style so it will be interesting to see if he features for the U23s at all. I think he'd look good next to the likes of Cottrell and Greenwood.

It seems like Medley is the one that's ahead of the other 2, which is interesting. Maybe he's responding in training to Arteta's coaching, which would be good considering he has a good frame and is decent on the ball playing side of things. That said, I'm a big fan of Ballard and Clarke, and the latter especially impressed me in the U23s this season. I think he's another one who's going under the radar.

I can see Kieran Petrie being a name that gets talked about a lot a la Hutchinson because of the video on BBC's channel. But everything I've heard about him sounds very interesting, as with Peck. They've repurposed him into a #9, and he could yet join the long line of recent talented #9s we've been producing of late. That, I'm intrigued to see. Also interesting that Stephy Mavididi's brother is in this group, and I've heard quite a bit about Lene Burden although not seen anything of him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think peck was on an Arsenal video where he traveled to i think india to help coach kids. He led the video and spoke really well for such a young kid.
Apparently he's considered a leader, and is a very creative midfielder who can also score goals. Very interesting sounding prospect. Looks like there's some serious talent in the next group coming up.

Afro Mugo

Wanted to talk about some of the articles Jeorge Bird posted in the last few days.
The 2nd years will be of huge interest because of how many of the U23s will potentially go on loan. It's possible that a good chunk of them will be handed deals just so they make up places in the U23 team. The 3 defenders (Oyegoke, Kirk, Ogungbo) will most certainly get deals, but I'm really intrigued to see what happens with Taylor-Hart. I'm a big fan of him, and because of his injury he's gone way under the radar. He's fairly unique in style so it will be interesting to see if he features for the U23s at all. I think he'd look good next to the likes of Cottrell and Greenwood.

It seems like Medley is the one that's ahead of the other 2, which is interesting. Maybe he's responding in training to Arteta's coaching, which would be good considering he has a good frame and is decent on the ball playing side of things. That said, I'm a big fan of Ballard and Clarke, and the latter especially impressed me in the U23s this season. I think he's another one who's going under the radar.

I can see Kieran Petrie being a name that gets talked about a lot a la Hutchinson because of the video on BBC's channel. But everything I've heard about him sounds very interesting, as with Peck. They've repurposed him into a #9, and he could yet join the long line of recent talented #9s we've been producing of late. That, I'm intrigued to see. Also interesting that Stephy Mavididi's brother is in this group, and I've heard quite a bit about Lene Burden although not seen anything of him.
He forgot to mention Luis Brown left footed England international CB and has captained both club and country though he's actually still an u15 this season but plays a year up. He's dad is head of youth coaching at Millwall. Ronnie Stutter a striker was also in the group but he left for Chelsea. Micheal Rosiak, RB/CM England international. They are a bit like the 02s not as many standout talents like the 03s but some standout talents they have. We'll see more this season.

Afro Mugo

So Marcelo Flores did an interview with some Spanish website. It's on his Twitter page. Good news is that he's definitely looking forward to develop here and says he plays like Hazard/Coutinho though he idolises Messi and Neymar. Bad news is that he's a big Barcelona fan and I'm surprised the club actually let him do the interview in which he clearly states his dream is to play for Barcelona.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So Marcelo Flores did an interview with some Spanish website. It's on his Twitter page. Good news is that he's definitely looking forward to develop here and says he plays like Hazard/Coutinho though he idolises Messi and Neymar. Bad news is that he's a big Barcelona fan and I'm surprised the club actually let him do the interview in which he clearly states his dream is to play for Barcelona.
It doesn’t matter which players he plays like. I like all the players, clubs, countries mentioned in this post.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Have you all heard about how Vontae Daley-Campbell is doing at Leicester?

He was a guy I had real hopes for as our future RB and who looks like he can be a pretty complete modern fullback, I wonder if he's looking good to get in the team when Pereira gets picked off of them?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Have you all heard about how Vontae Daley-Campbell is doing at Leicester?

He was a guy I had real hopes for as our future RB and who looks like he can be a pretty complete modern fullback, I wonder if he's looking good to get in the team when Pereira gets picked off of them?
He's looked OK when I've seen him but he doesn't look that close to breaking through. Why he went there I don't know - they already had good RBs with Pereira and Justin.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What do you lads make of Joel López, @MutableEarth @Afro Mugo @Geofranco and company?

From the brief highlights I've seen of him I wonder if he has the athleticism to make it as a LB at the top level. But maybe still developing physically/better English physical training methods will get him there...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What do you lads make of Joel López, @MutableEarth @Afro Mugo @Geofranco and company?

From the brief highlights I've seen of him I wonder if he has the athleticism to make it as a LB at the top level. But maybe still developing physically/better English physical training methods will get him there...
I honestly haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements about him as a player. He looks very technically sound but I don't really remember seeing anything about him athletically that stood out. I'd like to see him in the U23s this season just to see how he develops. We're pretty light on LBs at youth level currently anyway, while we're pretty OK with RBs, so Lopez will get plenty of games at that level.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Watching the bayern-barca game makes me appreciate physicality and athleticism in a way I haven't previously. I hope we prioritise physical attributes in some of the kids we promote in upcoming seasons.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watching the bayern-barca game makes me appreciate physicality and athleticism in a way I haven't previously. I hope we prioritise physical attributes in some of the kids we promote in upcoming seasons.
Most likely why we're so high on players like Azeez for example. The players we've produced in the last couple of seasons have been more athletic of late. Guys like Saka, Nketiah and Willock can hold their own physically to their credit. It's really only Nelson and to a much lesser extent ESR that have struggled in this regard.

The new intake has a nice little core of strong, physical and athletic defensive talents as well as a few very good midfielders with a bit of power (i.e. Bandeira). The wingers are pretty quick aswell - I'm still very eager to see how Taylor-Hart develops as he is a very interesting prospect with a great deal of athletic potential. Then there is Flo Balogun, who will probably leave unfortunately. I'd say we're on our way to producing more physically robust players.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

I think people just always want to go to extremes. Maybe there was a stereotype of a typical big lad that would get opportunities at youth level to shine over smaller, more technical players.

So there was this negativity against bigger kids and it was always assumed they just relied on athleticism and size, even when most were still very crafty and technically sound.

At out peak most of our players here were over 6ft and very technical, strong mentally and could get down and dirty lol.

Once Wenger started trying to copy the Barca model a bit and got so many smaller, technical players, dirty teams started trying to kick us off the pitch, so many injury prone players and many could just be bullied by more physical teams.

I think there just has to be a balance of physical and athletic players with some little technicians, that have some grit too.

Last edited:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Most likely why we're so high on players like Azeez for example. The players we've produced in the last couple of seasons have been more athletic of late. Guys like Saka, Nketiah and Willock can hold their own physically to their credit. It's really only Nelson and to a much lesser extent ESR that have struggled in this regard.

The new intake has a nice little core of strong, physical and athletic defensive talents as well as a few very good midfielders with a bit of power (i.e. Bandeira). The wingers are pretty quick aswell - I'm still very eager to see how Taylor-Hart develops as he is a very interesting prospect with a great deal of athletic potential. Then there is Flo Balogun, who will probably leave unfortunately. I'd say we're on our way to producing more physically robust players.

I've been seeing you talk about the new class we have coming in tbf, I can't wait to see what Lucassen and Per can do. It's good we're producing more physically robust players. I hope we promote more midfielders in particular with a dominant physical profile, all of our current midfielders feel like pushovers.

I remember the Nzonzi/Torreira debate last year, people were saying "Look at Kante, he's short and he's excelled in the PL". Yeah well Kante is world-class lol Torreira is not.
As basic as it sounds, sometimes there is something valuable in simply being bigger and stronger than your opponent.

Top Bottom